• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

Humdinger

He has a damn good handle on how people work for somebody who barley leaves his attic.

Although Asmongold seems like a good guy, that is a pretty simplistic view. He says it all comes down to women who have issues with dads, boyfriends, or brothers. Now, that's part of it, for sure, but as an explanation for what's going on, it falls very short. I mean, if it were just about women having issues with their dads/boyfriends etc., nothing would have changed, because there have always been women like that.

The culture has changed. These women (and many men) have grown up with decades of brainwashing by an ideology that disparaged and blamed men, white men in particular, and taught them to see themselves as oppressed victims. Woke ideology has seeped into and taken over higher education. It has infected government, corporations, and entertainment of all sorts. So it's not just about individual women's bad relationships with individual men.

edit: I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing you. I know you already know this. So do most people here. I'm just contradicting Asmongold. This is about a lot more than just women with daddy/boyfriend issues.

Last edited:
Trying to make it about race at all is the problem, and singling out white men is especially ironic when the majority of players in the world are asians.

It is a loaded statement too - if she just said ‘man’ then it kind of means something, but given she is white too, having a moan at white men putting her down seems bizarre.

If you were to check out the safest, say, 10, places for a woman travelling alone to go on holiday, I suspect they would all be countries packed with ‘white men’ so why does she have a particular downer on them!?!

Last edited:
I don't see what is so bad in those two tweets. She isn't saying that white men are bad. I think many would shut down their account if they get bombarded with tweets that attack you.

fUpMyZN.jpg

Tangerine

Well to be fair, the more I understand humanity the less I want to leave my own proverbial attic.
Most people are good. Shit tends to rise to the top and a lot of CEOs for example are more sociopathic. You can extrapolate that to other positions of power and it explains a lot of the issues around the world imo. Power corrupts or these personality types are drawn to positions of power or both. Don't give up on humanity just yet.

Last edited:
I don't think we'd have a functioning society if most people weren't good on a base level. Or maybe the incentives to be a good person are strong enough to keep the darker parts of our nature at bay.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
And we wonder why game budgets are going out of control.

Insomniac also hired Deaf consultants from Hyper Nova to answer questions about Deaf culture, consult on scripts, and interpret the scripts into ASL.Thompson says the consultants went over every single scene and shot that had ASL in it to make sure the performances were clear and understandable.

Insomniac ensured every hearing cast member had a Deaf body double on the mocap stage, and changed up how the actors would record different scenes depending on the complexity of the ASL being used.

Each Deaf cast member had their own interpreter so we could all communicate on set. And we also had the Hyper Novas on stage to help determine the scripts with the cast and plan out signing performance.”

And while that supported a narrative, did it actually make the game better, as in gameplay? Did it contribute anything except indulge the creatives involved? Maybe that time and budget should have gone into making the side quests etc better. And then we wonder why:

laynelane

In Gamergate at least Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkesian knew how to farm simps and make bank. Gamergate 2.0 women out themselves as just straight up racist for no gain.

I think another big reason for the differences is that they're unable to control the narrative like before. Media outlets have lost their authority and readers over the years, there's many other sources for news that are far more balanced now, and Twitter can no longer be used to suppress anyone with a dissenting view from theirs. As well, many people got a great view of how 'activists' act and who they are from the first round. People who gave them the benefit of the doubt before may be far less likely to do so again. All this push back and lack of support is, I think, one of the reasons many of these idiots are going nuclear and just saying more extreme and stupid things.

It's funny, way back when, on Livejournal and places like that - ideas like 'you can't be racist to white people' were considered indisputable fact. It's been wonderful to see reason returning and bs statements being contradicted.

Banjo64

cumsessed

And while that supported a narrative, did it actually make the game better, as in gameplay? Did it contribute anything except indulge the creatives involved? Maybe that time and budget should have gone into making the side quests etc better. And then we wonder why:

Deaf culture :messenger_tears_of_joy:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Isn’t it proven that more women exhibit lesbian tendencies than man exhibit gay ones? Women like hot bodies, point.

It’s more than that. Muscular, strong dudes are just as popular as hot women as game protagonists.

It’s about objectification of the opposite sex, and identification with the same sex.

Sex sells - one way or the other.

A lot of the issue these days is that a lot of the Reee crowd feel ugly on the inside, and therefore need to see ugly on the outside too.

It used to be ‘gee, I’d like to fuck/be that person’.

Now it’s ’I hate that person because they are more attractive than me’.

Last edited:
A lot of the issue these days is that a lot of the Reee crowd feel ugly on the inside, and therefore need to see ugly on the outside too.

This so hard!

For many of these folks, they're also ugly on the outside too, but mostly because they're coddled fragile entitled snowflakes who believe everything should be handed to them on a sliver platter instead of having to work for it; including working out and getting in shape.

Boss Mog

AI generated for sure. That's what happens when you hire activists instead of artists. Also it was a pointless virtue signaling mission that promotes vandalism no less. I fucking hate graffiti, my city is littered with it and it's just fucking disgusting. The fact that the game where you play a super hero promotes it to kids and forces you to do it is truly repugnant shit.

Last edited:

Woggleman

I think another big reason for the differences is that they're unable to control the narrative like before. Media outlets have lost their authority and readers over the years, there's many other sources for news that are far more balanced now, and Twitter can no longer be used to suppress anyone with a dissenting view from theirs. As well, many people got a great view of how 'activists' act and who they are from the first round. People who gave them the benefit of the doubt before may be far less likely to do so again. All this push back and lack of support is, I think, one of the reasons many of these idiots are going nuclear and just saying more extreme and stupid things.

It's funny, way back when, on Livejournal and places like that - ideas like 'you can't be racist to white people' were considered indisputable fact. It's been wonderful to see reason returning and bs statements being contradicted.
This I agree with. They overplayed their hands. Even five years ago people were afraid of the Social Justice crowd like they were the mafia. If they targeted you they could destroy your career. They had great power but they are losing it because they throw around the accusations' like it is nothing and they have lost all meaning. Calling somebody sexist or a bigot these days is not the nuclear option it once was because all it takes is breathing the wrong way to be called one. Instead of realizing this fact and actually trying to win people over they go full crazy.

This is the most important thing in the rationale of feminists and allies. They want everyone ugly because that's how they feel. It's not about sexism, but only being able to feel comfortable with a distorted sense of beauty. That's why they only find acceptable freaks like Madame Dimitrescu or praise having sex with furros/bears. Once you know the features of their mental condition, things start to make sense.

I'm willing to bet if Shift Up had made Eve gay then all these woke "journalists" would be saying "Yaaas slay queen!"

That being 100% true, some people who support that game only because of sexy girls will be shocked when Tachy is revealed as a lesbian. In Nikke and Destiny Child there are plenty of lesbians so I won't be the least surprised if that's the case. The difference is that in Asian games lesbians are not obnoxious self-inserts or angry fat girls raging at fans. They are treated as real women, not some kind of stupid avatar.

T-0800

What an absolute waste of money.

Needlecrash

It’s more than that. Muscular, strong dudes are just as popular as hot women as game protagonists.

It’s about objectification of the opposite sex, and identification with the same sex.

Sex sells - one way or the other.

I agree with this. I think a lot of this is straight up projection. "I feel ugly and fat. I don't want anyone to be attractive and I want them to be as miserable as I am." You know, The Boondocks called this shit a long time ago.

Top Bottom