• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Huh, I am actually enjoying the new Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris quite a bit. Sad that it'll be taken away now :(

Playing it only SP right now, but it feels pretty much like GoL. I don't think it's a game you play for the story or a linear playthrough (I decided pretty quickly to skip all cutscenes), but if you enjoyed replaying levels for all the challenges in GoL it's great. Can't agree with the middling reviews at this point.

There are some things I don't like (runs okay but is very taxing on my GPU even at low settings, the new randomized equipent system), but the core game has been a lot of fun so far.

Cheddahz Jr. makes a great point...

Its only like 4 hours long you have enough time to maybe beat it once!

Stop posting here and get to playing.

Jawmuncher

With the time they took to revoke the keys last time he will have enough time to beat it several times :p

Still amazes me they're going through the trouble.

I already put 4 hours into it and I'm pretty sure I'm not that far in. As I said I'm completing all the challenges and not just going from stage to stage.
But yeah I'll try to beat it in time and get to play it for free that way. :D Didn't really care about the Season Pass content anyway.

Hmm interesting. Yeah Uzzy I think beat it and was going back for that stuff afterwards. Thus the shorter time he had.

Cheddahz Jr. makes a great point...

Stop posting here and get to playing.

Gotta wait for my homeboys.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I'm just getting rid of my Sega bundle stuff I don't want. (Which is almost everything.)
ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (InfiniteNine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Viking -- MB-FECD3CCBD578B2FB - Taken by eyeless
Dreamcast Collection -- MB-FBEDD11BDDEDB6C9 - Taken by Speevy
Total War: ROME II Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-AA6FEA1F3EA3249B
- -- MB-FA6497DEF1AA853B
Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-A4E22469F73A4DA5 - Taken by bluechox2
Company of Heroes 2 The Western Front Armies -- MB-D7840685FAD50E5F - Taken by SeZMehK
- #2 -- MB-B6F4ACDB643D0D5F
Empire: Total War -- MB-D66C5FA2381A94E0 - Taken by Kuroyume

Edit: Well I'm not sure what happened there so good luck!

Still amazes me they're going through the trouble.

Hmm interesting. Yeah Uzzy I think beat it and was going back for that stuff afterwards. Thus the shorter time he had.

Gotta wait for my homeboys.

Hmmm... same as me.
But I was more or less telling Yian to get playing and stop posting. :)

The stages are quite short (speedrun challanges are about 6 minutes for each one so far) and not very difficult, I don't doubt I could be much further in, but I played every stage about 3 times now for different objectives.

Sajjaja

Yo can you give me back my book you thief.

im0R89qJuMjy1.gif

There's no main Humble Bundle this week? Watch, there'll be no weekly tomorrow too.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-BB3426847513B5F6 - Taken by creamsugar
Zoo Park -- MB-1E4176BB85E355CA - Taken by autoduelist
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-CA3416B2AE13BBE5 - Taken by sensoft04
KnightShift -- MB-15641103F3F452F7 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Post Master -- MB-EF2295651D7E2462 - Taken by factorone

tmarg

They're revoking the keys of people that took shameful advantage of a gross pricing mistake on one single site on launch day.

I might feel bad for GG if they didn't constantly have pricing errors. And also if they managed to actually have some prices that were worth getting excited about that weren't errors.

I'm not sure how they are even still in business at this point.

MUnited83

For you.
It's pretty much up to the publisher's discretion, and it has happened before.

Not on gamersgate afaik. And it's not really up to the publisher's. It's up to gamersgate. Either they foot the bill and pay SE for the games for the regular pricing and take a loss, or they contact the publishers so they remove the keys so they don't have to pay for them.

jblank83

Yay or nay on Broken Age?

Old point and click fan here.

It starts slow and easy and not all super hilarious but gets much better by the end. It's not the greatest adventure game I've ever played, but it's far from the worst. It plays well, has an interesting art style, some Schafer level humor, and some fun puzzles.

Not sure what else any adventure fan needs.

Momentary

Banned
I know this is going to sound stupid even though I'm going to buy the game right off the bat when I get home tomorrow, but the fact that I can't prepurchase BlazBlue CSE is pissing me off.

Now imagine this thread locked and the sale thread with a thousand of these types of questions.

Surely it won't be that bad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know this is going to sound stupid even though I'm going to buy the game right off the bat when I get home tomorrow, but the fact that I can't prepurchase BlazBlue CSE is pissing me off.

Rayge... come here. Come over here

tumblr_mhoqovtGPQ1s4ja32o1_400.gif

Surely it won't be that bad.

its worse. no hug for you!

madjoki

Gamersgate misprices for the Bethesda pack and Borderlands 4 pack christmas last year.

It was two years ago. ;)

I don't think they revoked keys in that instance, they just cancelled orders before keys were given out.

Yeah, I don't think they revoked anything (or maybe they tried, but Bethesda didn't allow that), as they refunded one of my orders even thought I got several keys, but keys weren't revoked.

Momentary

Banned
Oh man and here is some salt to rub into my wounds:

Those who own 'BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger' can receive additional 10% discount on 'BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend' for a week after release, adding up to a total of 20% discount, as a special launching promotion.

PC version includes the system voice feature for 7 characters which was sold separately for the console version.

Bonus content includes Special Original Soundtrack and BlazBlue Art Collection.
The bonus contents will be placed in your Steam folder: ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend\Digital Extras\

Buy BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend now and receive Japanese Voice Pack DLC for free.(Time-limited offer)

Okay assholes. Why are you posting this information on your sales page if there is no DAMN BUY BUTTON!!!!

They're revoking the keys of people that took shameful advantage of a gross pricing mistake on one single site on launch day.
This was not unexpected or anything.

I'm not surprised or naive, but still, I'm not sure it's the best thing to do if they want people to have a good image of them.

Too bad they are not in Quebec, since here you can't cancel an order in the case of a price mistake.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
ieUGF6RejD5rl.png

Could it be a Christmas miracle?

Sup Forky baby, I know you're watchin

EDIT: Turfs brings up a good point: Holiday Star is the Christmas themed sequel to Hatoful Boyfriend.

TheLight

Extra
ModBot said:
Instructions for TheLight:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheLight, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

CoH 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-D560DE506D21A5DC - Taken by lindarasta

zkylon

zkylewd
the big problem with buying broken age now is that you only get the tutorial half and you can't even tell how good the second part is gonna be

the documentary is boss tho

so much tim juice

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh. Right. That's the sequel.
Would be cool. I enjoyed the hell out of the original.

Also, Ubisoft, what the hell?

weird, Marvel Heroes is the same (you need to have funds in your wallet) but it doesnt ask you to log back in to steam and all that shit

autoduelist

I base a lot of my buying decisions on what people here and in other forums say. It's pretty clear when someone is taking time to do a solid write up, good or bad, and oftentimes fans will go into far more depth about the stuff I care about than reviewers will.

As for watching youtube gameplay, I use that too, but that's only going to happen for games I'm actively researching. Writeups on forums get me to consider games that weren't even on my radar.

Top Bottom