• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video with sound is only 19mb lol. I was hoping it would be gifv, maybe you need to be an imgur member to make those?

no, you can link to .gifv by changing .gif to .gifv at the end of the url. you can't embed .gifv on gaf tho

also, unrelated

NNy1rgX.gif

mitchlol

Hey GAF I need some game suggestions. I have a MadCatz SFxT arcade stick that is patiently waiting for SFV to be released but in the mean time I would like to play some arcade games suited to that control scheme, can anyone recommend me some good steam games that are best suited to a arcade stick. I am open to any suggestions. I'm thinking arcade shooters etc

I currently have SFIV and I'm considering Guilty Gear Xrd but primarily looking for smaller and cheaper titles.

Parsnip

Something fucked up just happened. Steam installed an update and then like 38 of my games lost their categories. Also when i went to redeem my Lightning key it activated but didnt show up in my library until i restarted steam.

Anyone have this happen?

Yeah, that happens every once in a while and usually they come back after a while.

shockdude

Hey GAF I need some game suggestions. I have a MadCatz SFxT arcade stick that is patiently waiting for SFV to be released but in the mean time I would like to play some arcade games suited to that control scheme, can anyone recommend me some good steam games that are best suited to a arcade stick. I am open to any suggestions. I'm thinking arcade shooters etc

I currently have SFIV and I'm considering Guilty Gear Xrd but primarily looking for smaller and cheaper titles.
Mushihimesama
Crimzon Clover

Having a peak at some of my library...

• Astebreed
  • Double Dragon Neon
  • Retro/Grafe
  • PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+
  • METAL SLUG 3
  • Ikaruga
  • Downwell
  • Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
  • Danmaku Unlimited
  • Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION
  • Jamestown+
  • Any of the Blazblue games
  • Platformers like Shovel Knight

Ozium

PC is garbage I've come to find out.

Are there any games on PC that let me walk around with four giant fucking flying mechs that transform and fight monsters while just reaping in treasure and collectibles?

no?

case in point.

Oceanhorn is pretty good, excluding the botfish.

I would've enjoyed actually controlling the sailing sections, though

I wish you could've just skipped the sailing sections entirely. It was still better than Wind Waker's sailing though, which made me enjoy the game more, since I didn't have to deal with boring/annoying sailing to get anywhere. Much better once you hit the level that "speeds up" sailing too.

Also, there were a bunch of fish that can go die in a fire. Botfish was one of the worst for sure.

Screenshot taken by Nzyme32

Very intriguing... I was thinking of asking Santa for a Steam Controller... but I still can't actually get hands on time with it to even see if I like how it feels in my hands before giving a thumbs up to Santa's little helpers.

Lashbot will return,
if he doesn't I'll just post a pic of my dinner

I've practically stopped posting on GAF for the most part... and I still post more than lashman ever will. Just a testament to how wonderful the "community" here can be.

I wish you could've just skipped the sailing sections entirely. It was still better than Wind Waker's sailing though, which made me enjoy the game more, since I didn't have to deal with boring/annoying sailing to get anywhere. Much better once you hit the level that "speeds up" sailing too.

Also, there were a bunch of fish that can go die in a fire. Botfish was one of the worst for sure.

Very intriguing... I was thinking of asking Santa for a Steam Controller... but I still can't actually get hands on time with it to even see if I like how it feels in my hands before giving a thumbs up to Santa's little helpers.

I've practically stopped posting on GAF for the most part... and I still post more than lashman ever will. Just a testament to how wonderful the "community" here can be.

santa isn't real frost. it was me. it was me all along

Sch1sm

Are there any games on PC that let me walk around with four giant fucking flying mechs that transform and fight monsters while just reaping in treasure and collectibles?

no?

case in point.

Shouldn't you be off promoting Devil's Third or something?

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1: A Dreadly Business -- MB-240D3895EA3B0D3B - Taken by Baron_Calamity

92% positive ratings on this one

nice bundle from Bundle Stars. They had a few good ones recently.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I gotta be honest, this is not my opinion as a moderator (I've never moderated you or been involved in any discussions about you as a poster) but just as an observer... but this post is rude and you come off as rude pretty often.

Maybe that's because you feel strongly about stuff and passion sometimes manifests in different ways. Maybe it's a language barrier because the internet makes it hard for tone to come across. Maybe you're having a bad day when I read your posts. Maybe GAF's norms isn't a good match for how you are around people. I'm not drawing conclusions about who you are, just how you come off.

And there's only so many times you can complain about how everyone else sucks before people start thinking you suck. You know that expression "if you run into a jerk in the morning, they're a jerk. If you run into jerks all day, you're the jerk"? I really believe that. I think the golden rule goes a long way. Social interaction is what you make of it and having a positive approach really works.

GAF's no different than real life. Like real life, it's big and there are lots of places where the signal-to-noise ratio is pretty bad and there are lots of places where people have some strange views and there are lots of places where other people are rude, but if instead of stewing in bitter juices about how wrong everyone is you try to seek out people you like talking to, respond to people worth responding to, find your niche, and have a positive attitude, it's possible to have a good time.

I already feel bad about replying here because you're obviously venting. And it's super patronizing to give anyone unsolicited advice about how to live their life. So feel free to just mentally write me down as part of the problem. But I feel compelled to reply because this isn't the first or second or third time I've noticed you say this kind of thing and I just don't understand how it keeps happening. If you're really convinced this place sucks, no one is keeping you here. And it's pretty rude to stay and just repeatedly tell people how you think the place sucks. Not because GAF has feelings, but because the people on GAF do and it's pretty much impossible not to observe the intensity and frequency of the complaints and not come to the conclusion that some of it is intended to be personal.

Ozium

Shouldn't you be off promoting Devil's Third or something?

Are there any games on PC that let me walk around as a badass western version of Itagaki with mirrored sunglasses as he shoots and slices his way through terrorists in order to get his hands on a sweet guitar?

no?

case in point.

For the 360/XBONE. Enjoy!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gears of War 3 -- MB-F30C642B72D4C6E5 - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 2 entrants total.

t1449794729z1.png

bigzgod

Good luck :D

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bigzgod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hack 'n' Slash -- MB-7D558F96BCE62533 - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.

t1449794789z1.png

Ozium

not sure if posted but a bunch of keys up on groupees so if you haven't viisted in a while you might get some fresh new bundle trash like this gem:

sakyot

no?

case in point.

How dare you.
Make it yourself in unity o_O

bigzgod

Since nobody wanted Hack n Slash, here's something else!

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bigzgod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Borderlands -- MB-C21E0F42715E63D0 - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.

t1449796289z1.png

Sarcasm

With GeDoSaTo in config I made a user profile. I need to disable all resolutions but the one I want correct? Example:

# The actual rendering resolutions you want to use,
# and how many Hz you want the game to think they work at.
# format: renderResolution [width]x[height]@[hz]

renderResolution 3200x1800@60
# renderResolution 3840x2160@60
# renderResolution 4480x2520@60
# renderResolution 5120x2880@60
# renderResolution 5760x3240@60
# renderResolution 7680x4320@60

Or is there a way to cycle through the different ones if more than one is enabled? If so I missed it in the keybindings.

zkylon

zkylewd
iZombie is too precious to risk. Tales from the Borderlands was surprisingly good, but is still nowhere near the quality of a good TV episode/series. TT still has a long way to go.
if i got a tales from the boredlands quality series i think that'd be more than enough to make me happy

also i kind of think the brain eating personality changing stuff might make for some cool puzzles if they tried to do puzzles

~Kinggi~

Banned
Lightning Returns has the jankiest, uh, 'graphics menu' I have ever seen.

And...a menu bar?

Could they given less fucks?

Im just happy they bothered to release it and the framerate is actually good this time. Its the only one of the series i dont have and never played so it was the one i was waiting for all this time. Ill put up with a shitty menu bar to play it. Got it for 14$ which isnt bad at all.

Dr Dogg

Right this is 2 nights on the bounce games have kept me up at an unsociable hour because of fecking resolution locks but I really need to get to sleep. If someone savy with memory editing and Lightning Returns wants to test this further, and it probably does need testing the memory addresses are DE235FD0 for the x axis and DE235FD4 for the y axis. I've posted this in the OT but just in case someone in here sees it.

FloatOn

Damn stump dropping some knowledge.

Anyway, I saw some rocket league talk awhile back and while I'm hilariously bad at that game I would still be inclined to play with you guys at some point. If only for the laughs

I broke the inventory gifting function somehow. I send them to my email and they never arrive and Steam doesn't detect them as sent. I got 1 working and then I proceeded to break it.

Will wait it out for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom