• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriken

Ubi asked Sakurai for Rayman to be in.

He said no.

And I will remain salty for the fact that Rayman was delegated to trophy status, he WAS supposed to be a playable character until Ubisoft and Nintendo's relationship went sour
I think John Harker said something to that effect

Salsa

2 years ago on bayo smash

itQ4BEn.png

lellllll

f8f.gif

Vamphuntr

Yay apparently Sword Coast Legends will be free to try during the weekend.

Wonder if it's as bad as the reviews made it out to be. Hoping not, though...

The only game I ever refunded on steam. I was in the headstart. It's thoroughly mediocre unfortunately. It loosely use the D&D ruleset. It's more like a terrible hack and slash with a D&D skin. The devs were hyping it up as a game like BG and DAO and it's not at all.

Nzyme32

Some more big changes for Steam Controller folk in the new beta:

Steam Controller December 15th Beta Update

Today we're shipping an update to Steam Beta that includes a large overhaul of the way we handle configurations for Steam Controllers. We chose to not include it in last week's main Steam client update because it's likely there'll be some teething pains, due to the amount of change involved. It initially enables a small set of new features, but more importantly, it puts us in a position where we'll be able to easily add more features related to community configurations.

After you get the update, you'll be prompted to register your controller to your account. Doing this tells Steam which account to draw configurations from. After you've then personalized your controller, you'll go through a migration process, where we take any configurations you've made and move them over to the new system. This could take a little while if you have a lot of configurations, but it will be a one-time operation.

The controller & account registration system allows you to take your controller to another PC and easily use your configurations, even if you're not the account logged into Steam on that PC. When playing games with multiple controllers, this also allows each controller to have its own configuration, a feature we previously weren't supporting properly. The backend changes we made to support this system also made it much easier to support community sharing of configurations for non-Steam games, so we managed to get that feature in as well.

RedSwirl

Physical PC GTA V is around $40 at GameStop and the Rockstar warehouse. This is the first time the DVD-ROM version has been on sale right?

RedSwirl

Don't know if you care about it or not, but remember that retail versions of GTA V aren't Steam redeemable.

I'm aware of that, but living under a data cap and the game being 64 gigs, that's not really an option. I already had to put up with Rockstar Club for Max Payne 3.

For me to get GTA V on Steam, somebody would have to ship me a Steam backup on a flash drive or something (same goes for Old Blood).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The true story of how Turok 08 came to Steam:

bish was like "Night Dive is cool"

I was like "well if they are in touch with the comic book license owner and you have the contacts at Disney to make this happen, why hasn't Turok 08 happened yet"

bish tweets Night Dive seconds later

Night Dive adds bish on LinkedIn

It's just that easy folks

I was like "well if they are in touch with the comic book license owner and you have the contacts at Disney to make this happen, why hasn't Turok 08 happened yet"

I've never loved a red tagged person (aside from ozzy, perhaps) more than I do right now.
I was just saying how I'd love to get Turok 2008 on Steam yesterday or so!

Momentary

Banned
It's actually from 14 hours ago, so maybe they were calling it out before the discount ran out/turned off earlier today. (I really wish other storefronts would say when discounts are gonna run out like Steam does)

Ah... Degigames posted it 42 minutes ago....Welll... 23 Percent off!!! YEah!!! I've been drinking.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Corpekata

Banned
Wait Dariusburst is actually 50 bucks by default? I thought the price mistake you guys were talking about was an infalted MSRP, not that the discount wasn't live yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom