• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flandy

Hasn't the Winter sale essentially started already?
There's no way anything that's on sale right now will go down in price in the next 2 weeks. A lot of shit is probably already at their winter sale price

Hasn't the Winter sale essentially started already?
There's no way anything that's on sale right now will go down in price in the next 2 weeks. A lot of shit is probably already at their winter sale price

Im taking that since Dark Souls 2 has been hovering around $15 on several stores that it should be at that during the steam sale.

So hopefully this sale will actually be good this time

Dr Dogg

See Battlefront is officially 33% off at the mo on Origin. Wonder how far EA are from that 13m units sold? Despite it looking a bit sparse on PC it must still be doing alright as a mate of mine is still banging on about it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
See Battlefront is officially 33% off at the mo on Origin. Wonder how far EA are from that 13m units sold? Despite it looking a bit sparse on PC it must still be doing alright as a mate of mine is still banging on about it.

dex3108

Based on NPD results they will need to work really, really, really hard to reach 13M. They sold around 1M in November in US (as far as i remember), and since then concurrent player numbers are going down almost every day.

Grief.exe

From isn't publishing so they're getting paid for the development anyhow. If anything, Sony should've put it out on other platforms since it's their IP.

PS4 lineup without Bloodborne

uPp4R86.gif

That would be a terrible idea for Sony.

?

It is a Sony IP, they just develop it. Learn to live with it, man. :p

FROM doesn't even own it.
Sony's IP, we'll get Bloodborne the day they put Demon's Souls on Steam

I know these things fam, just a shame.

What's the over/under on how much longer he can possibly play that game?

Dr Dogg

What's the over/under on how much longer he can possibly play that game?

Well if we go by the numbers what lashman has posted and the drop off since launch, maybe factoring a boost with new map packs... He'll just bullshit about it anyway as the dude is a massive Star Wars freak. Fair dos if it makes him happy. But on PC it's tapering off at about 15-20% less concurrent users a week.

On a somewhat (un)related note I might snag a copy of R6 Siege seeing that's getting some TLC whilst the price at retail here can be had reasonably decent.

rtcn63

If you're playing without a guide/hints, Demon's Souls may actually be harder than DS/Bloodborne.

And if I remember, weight isn't really a thing in Demon's... except that if you pick up an item, then have to drop it because your weight is at the limit, you lose it forever. Which is terrible.

JMTHEFOX

Yikes, the gamepad controls for Oribital Gear are very hard to get used to! Game looks and sounds good though so I will still keep playing.

rtcn63

20 days of vacation starting today!! Time to beat some shooters and get good at Guilty Gear.

I'll enhance my abilities with some of these:

Bought a bottle of this for the holidays:

1013444x.jpg

I think I prefer scotch, but it's not bad. I'm not a sipper though, more a one and done.

20 days of vacation starting today!! Time to beat some shooters and get good at Guilty Gear.

I'll enhance my abilities with some of these:

I just drank the Elderberries one from Stone last night. I thought it was pretty tasty. Does not taste or feel like a 10% beer.

This game is strange. It has consistently been in the top 5 sellers since it launched which led me to doubt my assumption that it would be dead in a couple of months. But then you check the player stats and it doesn't even chart in the top 40 most played games. I'm sure there are a lot of people who bought uplay keys/retail copies but I find it hard to imagine that they could leapfrog the largest PC distribution channel and make it a bonafide success story. For reference, more people are playing Age of Empires 2 on Steam than this game right now.

If only From had been able to negotiate a release on another platform that has proven to be very friendly to their software...

I can only imagine how much heartache that news would cause to a certain section of GAF users.

Backlogger

Just brought a Steam gift card to the annual work holiday party gift exchange for the second year in a row. It always gets stolen the max number of times. The thirst is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom