• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

This leak of package names is incredibly underwhelming. Outside of some more Sony funded third party games possibly coming to Steam it's basically a whole bunch of nothing.

Ruruja

Are there any games like Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the lions on steam. Games that have a similar setting and job system like it? I already have the Shadowrun games and I also have Xcom: Enemy Unknown/Within.

Agarest slightly.

Disgaea more so but that isn't out yet.

Maniac

Banned
Portal: Outside Influence? Hm... So that could either be: Nothing, another standalone-mod or... Ooooor, a Vive spinoff.

Hoping for the latter, obviously. We've seen that there are fun things to do in the Portal universe with the Vive, so I'm hopeful.

Portal: Outside Influence? Hm... So that could either be: Nothing, another standalone-mod or... Ooooor, a Vive spinoff.

Hoping for the latter, obviously. We've seen that there are fun things to do in the Portal universe with the Vive, so I'm hopeful.

It's a mod. Look it up on Greenlight.

I'm pretty sure it's a VR spinoff game

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
This leak of package names is incredibly underwhelming. Outside of some more Sony funded third party games possibly coming to Steam it's basically a whole bunch of nothing.

Many games doesn't get added to the steam database that eaarly and there's a lot of weird appnames (1, 2, 3 and so forth or Steam sub [the appid])

So I guess this isn't everything you have to look forward to in the next couple of months.

Ludens

Banned
Well, it's like your opinion man :p

I'll be happy if at least Danganronpa and FFX/X-2 HD make it.

And don't forget about FFXII !

Ah, right, totally removed that. At this point, if we really get FFX/X-2, and FFXII will release on PS4, it's just a matter of time to get it on Steam too, because if we get X it means the exclusivity Sony had on those game can expire.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I mean, what are the going concern publishers you're interested in who aren't already on Steam?

Dr Dogg

Someone should apply for a job at Valve as head of package names security. Make every one some rather complicated multi tiered trival questions and even if stuff leaks no fucker is going to be able to work them out based on the showing here.

Ryne

bCrOmvZ.jpg

Finally a decent baseball game on Steam.

Zeknurn

I mean, what are the going concern publishers you're interested in who aren't already on Steam?

Sony, Microsoft, Blizzard, Nintendo and EA comes to mind.

I'm sure if I cared about anime games I'd be ecstatic, but all they do for me is clog up my discovery queue.

But it's not all bad, I noticed some DCS World DLC that hasn't been announced which is cool. I can't wait for Viggen to be released.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Someone should apply for a job at Valve as head of package names security. Make every one some rather complicated multi tiered trival questions and even if stuff leaks no fucker is going to be able to work them out based on the showing here.

Uncreditable male is the hero Valve needs.

Granjinha

Sony doesn't own the Journey IP, but it's a pub fund game. We aren't privy to that contractual agreement, but maybe exclusivity rights run out at one point.

Sony seems to be pretty fair with their Indie partners, they have squeezed everything out of Journey at this point, maybe they are letting the exclusivity clause expire.

Sony owns the Journey IP. It's not pub fund. Santa Monica helped with the development of the game, too.

Maniac

Banned
It's a mod. Look it up on Greenlight.

Balls. Dream is dead. Can't say I'm interested in anything else that's leaked; I somewhat doubt the Half Life 3 package is in fact Valve's, and even then, we *know* it's been worked on regardless. Journey intrigues me somewhat, but I've no idea what kind of a game it is, I've only seen some (really nice) art. I lost all interest in Rapture with the big middle finger their original audience was given.

Ludens

Banned
I'm pretty sure Half-Life 3 is some VR bullshit named this way by Valve just to troll fans in case something got leaked.

Lomax

We know L4D3 is coming, but it's nowhere in the leak, which 100% confirms that Half Life 3 listing isn't the real one. That said, the amount of stupid "this list is fake" posts in that thread is mind-blowing.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm not sure if IDARB is previously confirmed for PC but it's a really sensible choice. It's the kind of single screen multiplayer game that does well on PC and it's the kind of game that the Twitch/YouTube types would eat up. So I'd expect it to be a slow burn success if it does get a PC release.

Ludens

Banned
It's ridiculous how Valve doesn't have a proper program for bug hunting yet. But at the same time, this kind of stuff makes me happy they don't.

I think this stuff screwed up plans for Sony and SE, at least a bit. Because if someone was interested into buying FF games on console (at least in this thread), now after FFX/X-2 release it will be SURE we'll get all FF games on PC too.

dex3108

Welp for next couple of days my PC will be rendering machine. That means no games and barely any internet (good thing is that i have tablet). I need to do 150 frames of HQ renders (at least resolution can be low) as soon as possible. Oh well that means PS4 time i guess (TLoU DLC or Uncharted Collection or The Order 1886).

Knurek

Welp for next couple of days my PC will be rendering machine. That means no games and barely any internet (good thing is that i have tablet). I need to do 150 frames of HQ renders (at least resolution can be low) as soon as possible. Oh well that means PS4 time i guess (TLoU DLC or Uncharted Collection or The Order 1886).

Huh? Do you have a Pentium II CPU or what?
I recall rendering a few minutes animation in Blender back 2000 or so, and it took less than a night to do so...
Can't imagine current CPU+GPU combos being slower than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom