• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Yass!!! All these leaks are lovely. So happy I didn't buy Xrd Sign when it was on the previous US PSN sale.

Will dobule dip on Everybody's GOne to the Rapture.

Btw, what's HL3 doing there? I expected L4D3 first.

Haroon

I knew FFX remakes would come to the PC eventually. It was ported to so many platforms.... I wonder what took so long, and Half Life 3 being there is probably a mistake, or it could release with the Steam's VR splution. :O

Today's my birthday and ill be spending it doing homework 😐

That is, after i knock out some more Pillars of Eternity. That game is really good and i hated cRPGS up until a couple months ago

dex3108

Huh? Do you have a Pentium II CPU or what?
I recall rendering a few minutes animation in Blender back 2000 or so, and it took less than a night to do so...
Can't imagine current CPU+GPU combos being slower than that...

Model is not optimized and they showed tons of hi-res textures and lightning even though resolution is very small and there is no need for half of things they did. I am using CPU only render and it took 30 minutes to render first frame on my i72600K. I am doing this for my friend he is in hurry so i am only doing part of the animation. There are currently i think 4 machines around the town that are rendering animation XD

They just gave me model, render app and render settings so that is it. I don't want to do anything more than rendering (i mean messing with model and textures/lightning and render settings).

Nep3, Nep4, Nep5, Nep7, Nep7, Nep8, Nep9, Nep10
All in SteamDB

VWu0UTP.png

That's a lotta Neps!

Okay serious question. I know unlike FF7 and FF8 that had PC versions back in the 90s that came out with the PS1 versions Final Fantasy 9 didn't have one but, fuck me what needs to happen to get 9 on PC? Its one of the re-releases I would repurchase. I know nothing of game development but, gah it can't be that much to make a PC version of that game and not touch it right?
L4D3. Considering jshackles met with playtesters and Gooseman saw it.
Oh, lmao.
Lol.
Did anyone know about this game from Insomniac?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/333580/

Weird.

That's so weird.

Ruruja

Okay serious question. I know unlike FF7 and FF8 that had PC versions back in the 90s that came out with the PS1 versions Final Fantasy 9 didn't have one but, fuck me what needs to happen to get 9 on PC? Its one of the re-releases I would repurchase. I know nothing of game development but, gah it can't be that much to make a PC version of that game and not touch it right?

I always held that belief that 7 and 8 were due to the previous PC versions but then they went and released FF13 on PC so now they have no excuse for not porting FF9.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

If the x axis of the graph is ease of port and the y axis of the graph is expected level of attention/sales, then the stuff you would most expect to see is the stuff on the top right and FF9 is on the bottom left :(

I always held that belief that 7 and 8 were due to the previous PC versions but then they went and released FF13 on PC so now they have no excuse for not porting FF9.
Yeah true with the release of 13 that's I wanted to bring this back up.
If the x axis of the graph is ease of port and the y axis of the graph is expected level of attention/sales, then the stuff your would most expect to see is the stuff on the top right and FF9 is on the bottom left :(

Yeah 9 didn't sell as well as 7 or 8, that's true :/

Hektor

header.jpg

Goddayumn, this is a game.

While the game shows its limited budget in presentation, leveldesign (recycling) and cutscenes - compared to bayonetta - the combat is top notch.

It's fast, it's fun and challenging. It's Bayonetta with cars.

This is everything but a license based cashgrab and a freakin' huge step up from The Legend of Korra.

Highly recommended.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah 9 didn't sell as well as 7 or 8, that's true :/

Not saying it won't happen. Once you've ported something once, subsequent ports are cheaper and the sales just keep accumulating over time. But that first hurdle takes time to clear. And with mobile the case was so obvious (a BILLION potential customers?!?!) in a way that it's not as obvious with Steam, so that's why we've been able to benefit from mobile ports.

Think of it:
Final Fantasy 3 -> DS port got ported to Mobile got ported to PC
Final Fantasy 4 -> DS port got ported to Mobile got ported to PC
Final Fantasy 5 -> Mobile port got ported to PC
Final Fantasy 6 -> Mobile port got ported to PC
Final Fantasy 7 -> Existing PC port got updated
Final Fantasy 8 -> Existing PC port got updated
Final Fantasy XIII through LR -> Brand new port, but from a source system where code was somewhat modern
Final Fantasy X/X-2 -> PS3 port got ported to PS4, both systems modern enough where it might be fairly simple to do a PC port.

FF1/2 have mobile ports, but are low interest compared to the more modern games. Conspicuously, FF9 and FF12 don't have a recent port. Although with rumours swirling around an FF12 update / port / remaster / whatever, maybe we'll get the advantage of that. 9 remains neglected. It's too bad.

9 could really really benefit from a PC port. I really loved the game but it's the FF game I replay the least because it's a bit of a slog. Battles are slow, load times are long. It's the game that could benefit the most from a lowered encounter rate, better load times, modded to reduce some of the battle effects, etc.

We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom