• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
BONJOUR PHAWX!

Hells yea, Bought Babel Rising for 2.50 Euro.

Code works from Amazon France

Worked for me as well. Had a bit of trouble setting up the fake France address, but it looks like everything's fine now.

Just redeemed my code. Thanks for the heads-up!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Attention Amazon France, meme si j'ai un IP des États-Unis, je m'appelle Jean-Marie François Luc Guillaume Bernard Leduc et j'habite chez 123 Chemin des Cochons, 28ème Arrondissement, Paris (Naturellement c'est le Paris!), 5ème Republique de la France. Merci beaucoup!

Wok

Attention Amazon France, meme si j'ai un IP des États-Unis, je m'appelle Jean-Marie François Luc Guillaume Bernard Leduc et j'habite chez 123 Chemin des Cochons, 28ème Arrondissement, Paris (Naturellement c'est le Paris!), 5ème Republique de la France. Merci beaucoup!

Oh, boy, c'est très bien !

Mivey

I think it asks you whether you want to eat a frog or something.

Volimar

You know what I need from SE?

Final Fantasy 6. And no I dont give 2 fucks if its not the same as the snes version. And no im not going to track down a snes to play the real version. I just want to play that game because I never did.

Also on top of my sale wishes is that chibi dark souls style game with the generic name...tower of fire or something? Im terrible with names.

I'm hoping 4 and 6 get nice discounts. Would prefer they were SNES sprites, but I'm not that choosy. They're my favorite FFs.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think it asks you whether you want to eat a frog or something.

*condescending french snort noise* Incroyable! C'est clairement le racisme, celui-là! Nous français / françaises mangeons aussi du pain blanc et des boules de crème. Maintenant, garçon, excuse-moi, car je dois prendre mon scooter au vinicole!

Knurek

*condescending french snort noise* Incroyable! C'est clairement le racisme, celui-là! Nous français / françaises mangeons aussi du pain blanc et des boules de crème. Maintenant, garçon, excuse-moi, car je dois prendre mon scooter au vinicole!

Stump, please stop.
You're making me horny with that langue d'amour.
あなたは私と一緒に寝ますか?

Monooboe

Steam needs to step up it's game in the support department. I was little worried that I had to get in touch with Microsoft support and after hearing horror stories about Steam Support, and remembering Jshackles having issues with his xbox account, I wasn't expecting much but wow they resolved my issues with region changing and xbox live fucking up in an fashion that probably was of script. They even ended the chat with "Stay awesome!" haha.:D

Valxal

Bought Ninja Blade from GMG for $2 only to find out it's a Playfire key instead of a Steam key.

lM5aGSQ.png

They talked like this that one time I went up to Canada, it was horrible.

Valxal

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Valxal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-BDC2B6D88642BB99 - Taken by neoemonk. 1 entrants total.

t1482360566z1.png

neoemonk

Every year it seems like there's less and less I'm looking forward to during Steam sales. Every year I always find a bunch for stuff that I didn't know I wanted.

Nzyme32

Having recently played through MG Rising, this is all I see anymore

Nzyme32

Steam needs to step up it's game in the support department. I was little worried that I had to get in touch with Microsoft support and after hearing horror stories about Steam Support, and remembering Jshackles having issues with his xbox account, I wasn't expecting much but wow they resolved my issues with region changing and xbox live fucking up in an fashion that probably was of script. They even ended the chat with "Stay awesome!" haha.:D

My experience with MS was over the phone and absolutely frustrating. Forced to change a mobo but couldn't reactivate some things, specifically office. I was pretty much put through an Indian call centre 8 times in a row, asked the same recurring questions despite getting different info each time to ask someone about it after being passed along. After I got angry and demanded to speak to managing staff to resolve the situation and report the incompetence or go over their head, I was finally put through to a US operator, with obvious technical skill who guided me through a series of command prompt and regedit steps - solved in 20mins (after 3hrs of shit).

Dinjoralo

Oh hey, I'm gonna download the newest update to KI and play it a bunch!

- ONE OPERATING SYSTEM WIPE LATER -

God damn it, why won't you work?! First it won't download, now it won't fucking launch! Fucking windows store!

madjoki

damn. well, bought anyway.

Germany has DLC for 3€, but probably not worth. (base game there includes DLC, but is 12€)

Oh hey, I'm gonna download the newest update to KI and play it a bunch!

- ONE OPERATING SYSTEM WIPE LATER -

God damn it, why won't you work?! First it won't download, now it won't fucking launch! Fucking windows store!

Windows Store is the future!

Dinjoralo

Windows Store is the future!

#Indescribable crying noises#

I wasn't kidding about that OS wipe, by the way. And even that didn't fix things! KI won't launch unless it's in my main hard drive, not my second drive with way more space. So now I'm loading it into an external drive I have as a last resort, in case I need more space, to see if that'll do.

Monooboe

My experience with MS was over the phone and absolutely frustrating. Forced to change a mobo but couldn't reactivate some things, specifically office. I was pretty much put through an Indian call centre 8 times in a row, asked the same recurring questions despite getting different info each time to ask someone about it after being passed along. After I got angry and demanded to speak to managing staff to resolve the situation and report the incompetence or go over their head, I was finally put through to a US operator, with obvious technical skill who guided me through a series of command prompt and regedit steps - solved in 20mins (after 3hrs of shit).

Oh wow that does sound aweful.O_O Yeah I think I chatted with someone from india, the language could be very google translate while trying to sound professional. I was about to give up them being able to help me, since it turned out that Xbox live subscription doesn't carry over in a region change flawlessy, one still needs to buy one month gold for 1 euro and I couldn't now, so instead they just canceled my gold and gave me another 3 months code, so I got some extra weeks and getting it to work again.:D

Nzyme32

Oh wow that does sound aweful.O_O Yeah I think I chatted with someone from india, the language could be very google translate while trying to sound professional. I was about to give up them being able to help me, since it turned out that Xbox live subscription doesn't carry over in a region change flawlessy, one still needs to buy one month gold for 1 euro and I couldn't now, so instead they just canceled my gold and gave me another 3 months code, so I got some extra weeks and getting it to work again.:D

That was another issue I had with MS on the phone. Back in 2007 when I wanted to cancel my Xbox Live renewal, they made it absurdly difficult to cancel. The website loops you so you can't do it and have to call, and on the phone they went through every possible way to try and steer me away from it. Ridiculous.

Majukun

deus ex mankind divided, yes or no?
the reviews seems all over the place, a part says that's better than human revolution (that i liked a lot), others that it's worse.

Monooboe

Oh man I'm getting little nostalgic about steam winter sales, of course also in the "it used to be better" way but also in that I often could plan how much steam funds I needed, like it was so commen for games to go on sale for 5 euro or 7.5 euro that I always thought before hand of how many games I could get with for example putting in 25 euro. Now the prices are all over and with sales also all over.

That was another issue I had with MS on the phone. Back in 2007 when I wanted to cancel my Xbox Live renewal, they made it absurdly difficult to cancel. The website loops you so you can't do it and have to call, and on the phone they went through every possible way to try and steer me away from it. Ridiculous.

Oh yeah I remember that being an issue back then when people I knew tried to cancel.XD

Uzzy

deus ex mankind divided, yes or no?
the reviews seems all over the place, a part says that's better than human revolution (that i liked a lot), others that it's worse.

It's really good. Prague is a good location to explore, there's a lot of options as to how you explore the city and approach the various missions, which is great, and there's some really good cyberpunky themes and story going on. It's a little on the nose with it's analogies, but I still appreciated them.

The ending is not necessarily weak, but it's crying out for a sequel. Human Revolution stood alone. This doesn't.

Sacre-bleu ! Je ne saurai tolérer d'aussi basses boutades plus longtemps ! Nous sommes le pays de la liberté, sans qui vous ne seriez aujourd'hui qu'une terre de barbares cuistres et malodorants !
Je vous conspue, monsieur, vous et votre putride logorrhée d'ignominie envers la nation qui défini le bon goût et la noblesse !

Dinjoralo

...Okay, never mind. Killer Instinct won't launch period, even though I know it launched when it was on my C drive earlier. Damn it.

Pachimari

Sid Meier's Pirates is brilliant, so if you got it from a garbage dump you better return it, because there obviously has been a mistake.

Lmao this made me laugh. Yeah, I've heard good things about it.

By the way, have we gotten any confirmation that Nier: Automata is getting a Steam release?

Majukun

ABSOLUTELY DO IT

It's the best game this year imo.
It's really good. Prague is a good location to explore, there's a lot of options as to how you explore the city and approach the various missions, which is great, and there's some really good cyberpunky themes and story going on. It's a little on the nose with it's analogies, but I still appreciated them.

The ending is not necessarily weak, but it's crying out for a sequel. Human Revolution stood alone. This doesn't.

thanks guys,i think tomorrow morning i'll pull the trigger

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So did Idle Master just stop working at some point?

The program runs but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
So did Idle Master just stop working at some point?

The program runs but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I dropped cards with it like 2-3 days ago and it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom