• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I bought a steam controller.
Best decision. I'm a controller kind of gamer and I love my Steam controller. It's so versatile. Bit of a learning curve but that's fine. Most controllers did but we just grew up using them.

Wok

Nice, this works great!

Kinda wish that you had a bit more control on the pricing

It works super fast but I HAVE NO IDEA how it selects the price it decides to sell cards at.

dEuBSy3.png

1 / 5 - Holly added to market for 0.25€.
2 / 5 - Mayor Scuttlebutt added to market for 0.35€.
3 / 5 - Mr Brown added to market for 0.06€.
4 / 5 - Mr Brown added to market for 0.06€.
5 / 5 - Uncle Mimic added to market for 0.41€.

Mayor Scuttlebutt
3ez95Ul.png
Uncle Mimic
WcwPrmp.png

Deques

It works super fast but I HAVE NO IDEA how it selects the price it decides to sell cards at.

I think it prices 1 cent lower than the currently cheapest listed card

Edit: Found Steam Link sold for 219 SEK ~ 24 dollars at GameStop. But the none of the GameStop stores in my town sell it :(

Wok

I think it prices 1 cent lower than the currently cheapest listed card

Which is too bad since you can almost always sell for 1 cent higher than the cheapest price, so that would make 2 cents more per card, which is 40€ for 2000 cards.

madjoki

dEuBSy3.png

I believe it uses (based on my quick code preview)

Highest of:

1) Average selling price during last week
2) Lowest sell order

and lists one cent below.

Volimar

My sale wishlist is basically ff6, Witcher 3, ff4. That'll probably take care of my meager savings. And if ESO puts crowns or the guts and glory pack on sale...

Hmm, I still have a Dead Island: Epidemic Beta gift in my inventory but the game has been removed / shut down

Same here.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This thing is quite difficult to use! Comfortable to hold though, so that's cool.
Check the controller OT. Helpful group of people in there. All have great taste. Very impressive!

Wok

I believe it uses (based on my quick code preview)

Highest of:

1) Average selling price during last week
2) Lowest sell order

and lists one cent below.

I imagine it should be easy to modify the javascript and make it list one cent higher instead.

In which case, this extension would be just perfect.

Actually, the code is well commented.

Code:
        // If the highest average price is lower than the first listing, return 1 cent below that listing.
        // Otherwise, use the highest average price instead.
        if (historyPrice < listingPrice) {
            if (belowFirstListing) {
                return listingPrice - 1;
            }
            return listingPrice;
        } else {
            return historyPrice;
        }

This piece of code is present in two functions in the javascript source, but only called for one of the two functions in practice. So I have changed this piece of code in calculateSellPriceHistogram() to:

Code:
        if (historyPrice < listingPrice) {
            return listingPrice + 1;
        } else {
            return historyPrice + 1;
        }

It seems to do exactly what I want it to. It has never been so easy to sell 2000 cards at the right price.

Endruen

About the Steamcontroller...
pile_of_shit.gif

Going back to PS4 and Xbone controller.

It takes a while to get used to it, but it works very good and it's great for games without controller support. I should try to play a game that relies on the camera, because I usually avoid using it on any game that requires the use of a d-pad or a right stick.

Deques

Looks like you can use the coupons on currently discounted prices in the Square Enix store.

The upgrade pack for Hitman cost 10 euro after coupon

btw, if I buy the upgrade pack will the it be treated as complete full season 1 game when I redeem it?

MUnited83

For you.
Hmm, I still have a Dead Island: Epidemic Beta gift in my inventory but the game has been removed / shut down

My sale wishlist is basically ff6, Witcher 3, ff4. That'll probably take care of my meager savings. And if ESO puts crowns or the guts and glory pack on sale...

Same here.

Same, and an old Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 beta gift.
Feel free to send those Dead Islands to me ;)

maguskain

Do the other major legit key selling sites try to beat Steam's prices during the sales? In other words, if I see a game at a good price on Steam, should I wait to see if another site will beat the price?

fantomena

It takes a while to get used to it, but it works very good and it's great for games without controller support. I should try to play a game that relies on the camera, because I usually avoid using it on any game that requires the use of a d-pad or a right stick.

I sadly don't have the patience to get used to a controller. For me it has to be usable the first time I try it out.

They really, fuckin really should put the demo on PC, that would boost the sales so damn hard.

Compared to what?

Deques

Do the other major legit key selling sites try to beat Steam's prices during the sales? In other words, if I see a game at a good price on Steam, should I wait to see if another site will beat the price?

More often you can find a game cheaper than on Steam on other sites, so keep an eye on those sites before purchasing on Steam

gngf123

Just use isthereanydeal to see if it is cheaper elsewhere or has been recently. If Steam has the lowest ever price, it's pretty safe to assume anywhere that does beat it probably won't do by much. Most of the time Steam sales are beaten by somewhere else. Last sale I only bought 1 game on Steam compared to like 8 games on other sites.

You can also import your steam wishlist to isthereanydeal and they will email you any time the game goes cheaper.

Also, with no flash/daily sales, there is no harm in waiting if you can be patient. The deals don't change.

Just use isthereanydeal to see if it is cheaper elsewhere or has been recently. If Steam has the lowest ever price, it's pretty safe to assume anywhere that does beat it probably won't do by much. Most of the time Steam sales are beaten by somewhere else. Last sale I only bought 1 game on Steam compared to like 8 games on other sites.

Also, with no flash/daily sales, there is no harm in waiting if you can be patient. The deals don't change.

Not all deals last as long as the sale does.

Hopefully this sale will be a discount on Exanima. I have it on my list since 4 or 5 sales and it never was discounted. The combat and its physics seem really accurate and i like the dark setting.

header.jpg

store.steampowered.com/app/362490/

Maybe someone has played it yet so ill get it even without a discount. Its an eraly access game btw.

duppolo

Hopefully this sale will be a discount on Exanima. I have it on my list since 4 or 5 sales and it never was discounted. The combat and its physics seem really accurate and i like the dark setting.

header.jpg

store.steampowered.com/app/362490/

Maybe someone has played it yet so ill get it even without a discount. Its an eraly access game btw.

i also want this game so much. id like to read some impressions...

Pachimari

WINTERSALE10

WINTERSALE10

Thank you! [edit] Oh boo, it cannot be applied to LEGO Jurassic Park+3 DLC or Tropico 5 Complete Edition.

So I've been playing the Resident Evil 7 demo, and I am sold, but I can't seem to complete it.
I have yet to use the dummy finger, and when I go to the basement I shoot the monster and try using my axe but I die. I am supposed to kill the monster
to progress, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom