• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone simply ignoring this because it's a Worms game, I suggest giving it another look. It's not a team combat title, but rather a single player side scrolling puzzle game using the Worms mechanics to move a ball across the stage. Collect coins, find secrets on the stage, figure out how to get the best score (fewest shots or hole in one), lot of fun value in a warm and relaxing package that will never stress you out.

I really do believe it's one of the most overlooked and underrated titles on Steam and that most people in SteamGAF would enjoy it for a casual fun game to play.

I won't take this game, but I will endorse your giveaway.

I've heard great things about this from friends.

Oh, is there no problem for me to buy in NA shop when I'm in EU?

Interested in this, too. Such a shame the coupon is not for the first FF XIII, though…

Can I play XIII-2 without enduring the first one? My brother bought it for the PS3, but it looked so damn boring, cutscene after corridor after cutscene, and ain't nobody got time for getting to a good part after more than 20 hours :/

Lomax

Edit: to avoid confusion, this is redlacs's giveaway, not mine. I'm just quoting it.

For anyone simply ignoring this because it's a Worms game, I suggest giving it another look. It's not a team combat title, but rather a single player side scrolling puzzle game using the Worms mechanics to move a ball across the stage. Collect coins, find secrets on the stage, figure out how to get the best score (fewest shots or hole in one), lot of fun value in a warm and relaxing package that will never stress you out.

I really do believe it's one of the most overlooked and underrated titles on Steam and that most people in SteamGAF would enjoy it for a casual fun game to play.

Yeah, it's a fun little game. It most likely hasn't been taken because it's been bundled a few times now and most people have it already.

Phinor

11 euros on my Steam account (thanks to gems). Steam sales only last 15 more days. If I can resist buying anything for 4 more days, I can happily spend a euro a day.

I might have to re-think my strategy later on but at this point my plan is solid for the first day! (Bought Ground Zeroes from Nuuvem)

Pachimari

I have never played a Total War game before and suddenly Rome II Emporer Edition on sale with 75%. It seems interesting, wonder if it's highly tactical and easy to get into. I really like Civilization V if it's anything like it.

Lomax

I have never played a Total War game before and suddenly Rome II Emporer Edition on sale with 75%. It seems interesting, wonder if it's highly tactical and easy to get into. I really like Civilization V if it's anything like it.

From what I can tell, Rome II has been the worst received Total War game ever, so you might want to go with one of the older, cheaper ones that are widely loved.

That's one mean thread title (><)

Could have been worse, I'd have made it "For the community that doesn't like gaming"

_hekk05

Banned
Alright bit on that indiegala deal. Got vertical drop heroes, wasteland 2 and this war of mine for 34.88 usd

notbad.gif

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, is there no problem for me to buy in NA shop when I'm in EU?
I got the voucher wrong, the voucher's for FFXIII-2, so it's still $6.40. I'm not sure, I've never used the store. If you've got problems, I can just get it for you and you can paypal me the equivalent of whatever $6.40 is in euros I guess?

Wait, where is this coupon? I wasn't planning on double dipping on FFXIII, but I might for $3.20.
I fucked up, I thought the FFXIII-2 50% off coupon was for the first game.

That title.

BZkgGLj.gif

I created a thread for newbies to the series like me.->Some gaffers there have some good opinions about some games on the series, it's worth checking out.

I really like Civ5 too (check my profile) and despite the difference of the two series, I also liked the Total war series. Personally haven't played the latest game, since I downloaded the demo and it seems that my computer can't run it properly.

Speevy

Banned
So the other thread can be ended.

So the other thread can be ended.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dark Souls 2 -- MB-0D30DB963ABE54CB - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 110 entrants total.

t1418949220z1.png

My fellow gaffers, Bayonetta and I are teaming up to save NIS, and I'm here to spread the word, if you have no intentions of buying anything during this sale do us all a solid and pre order yourself a copy of Disgaea 5 for the Playstation 4. Now you're probably thinking "but I don't own a PS4." Don't focus so much on the small details, instead think of the positives, you'll be saving the prinnies. for every 1 copy of Disgaea 5 that is bought you save 5 prinnies. Think of the prinnes ladies and gentlemen.

#savetheprinnes

tumblr_lhdudqzYZg1qev3clo1_400.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My fellow gaffers, Bayonetta and I are teaming up to save NIS, and I'm here to spread the word, if you have no intentions of buying anything during this sale do us all a solid and pre order yourself a copy of Disgaea 5 for the Playstation 4. Now you're probably thinking "but I don't own a PS4." Don't focus so much on the small details, instead think of the positives, you'll be saving the prinnies. for every 1 copy of Disgaea 5 that is bought you save 5 prinnies. Think of the prinnes ladies and gentlemen.

#savetheprinnes

Im not saving anything.

Risgroo

Is it worth sticking with Lords of Shadow 2? I really liked the opening sequence, but this future, EVIL CORPORATION, stealth sequence bullshit isn't fun. Does it get better?

Deitus

#savetheprinnes

A Sarah McLachlan song played in my head as I read this post.

Momentary

Banned

#savetheprinnes

I'll buy the Steam version when it's released.

Dr Dogg

To be fair my grievances are more than just sale side posters so the title is quite apt but I'm old and miserable!

Speevy

Banned
Will saving Nippon Ichi bring their games to Steam?

You know, PC gamers tend to like games with lots of stats.

Woo, Speedrunners got an update with new map and new weapon?
Well we need to play some runs then, maybe I even put in some small prize if you win!
Have barely played the next latest map so there are two maps you can probably pretty easily beat me in.

Was thinking to play in about 1 hour, who's in?

1. DunderHassan
2. Nabs
3. Ozium
4. dot

Terra_Ex

#savetheprinnes

What danger is NIS in? I would get it but I still have half of Dis 4 & all of Dis-D2 to complete, plus I don't agree agree with them releasing the "complete" versions of their games solely on handhelds (and I have no reason not to suspect that won't be the case here). They should join the PC porting bandwagon and get their series on PC.

#savetheprinnes

Ehhh if anything I'll preorder the next Experience DRPG game being localized for 2015. It'll be on a system I can play on.

I'll buy the Steam version when it's released.

word on the street is if you buy Disgaea 5 the gods grant you 1 wish. I don't know man, $60 is pretty cheap for 1 wish, plus you get the latest entry of the greatest strategy RPG.

What danger is NIS in? I would get it but I still have half of Dis 4 & all of Dis-D2 to complete, plus I don't agree agree with them releasing the "complete" versions of their games solely on handhelds (and I have no reason not to suspect that won't be the case here). They should join the PC porting bandwagon and get their series on PC.

if D5 fails they're going to close up shop.

#savetheprinnies

bayo post the hashtag dammit

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

#savetheprinnes

I'd save NIS if they put stuff out on PC. I don't have a PS4 :p

Grief.exe

#savetheprinnes

Remind me January 2016.

Dr Dogg

Hey now NIS have ventured on to Steam a while back you know. Granted they haven't discounted Cladun X2 in years. My VIta is my Disgaea machine so we'll see as I've barely got started on 4.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
They're probably going to shut down if Disgaea 5 doesn't do better than any Disgaea game has ever done before.

edit: In Japan, no less. The place where consoles are pretty much dead.

#savetheprinnes

Unless one of my top 5 games drops in price, I'll join you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom