• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey now NIS have ventured on to Steam a while back you know. Granted they haven't discounted Cladun X2 in years. My VIta is my Disgaea machine so we'll see as I've barely got started on 4.

I also prefer disgaea on the vita which is why I still haven't gotten D2 but I'll be buying D5 day 1 to support NIS

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
While I'm not much a fan of the game itself, I really do like what Verdun is doing to celebrate the Christmas period. Just like the real First World War, there is a truce for several days in which no one will fire a shot. Instead playing Football, throwing snowballs, and other non-deadly actions.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/242860/announcements/detail/201865555897827733

My fellow gaffers, Bayonetta and I are teaming up to save NIS, and I'm here to spread the word, if you have no intentions of buying anything during this sale do us all a solid and pre order yourself a copy of Disgaea 5 for the Playstation 4. Now you're probably thinking "but I don't own a PS4." Don't focus so much on the small details, instead think of the positives, you'll be saving the prinnies. for every 1 copy of Disgaea 5 that is bought you save 5 prinnies. Think of the prinnes ladies and gentlemen.

#savetheprinnes

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhdudqzYZg1qev3clo1_400.jpg[/][/QUOTE]

Unless Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? or Prinny 2 show up on Steam or PS3, I'm not saving any of them.

Unless one of my top 5 games drops in price, I'll join you.
fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg

Lomax

word on the street is if you buy Disgaea 5 the gods grant you 1 wish. I don't know man, $60 is pretty cheap for 1 wish, plus you get the latest entry of the greatest strategy RPG.

if D5 fails they're going to close up shop.

#savetheprinnies

bayo post the hashtag dammit

PC ports of any in the series would undoubtedly be huge. #PCtheprinnies would be a smarter hashtag. Doesn't Sega own NIS now or something anyway?

Lain

Given the thread title for this thread, the sale thread should have had the title A thread for mods that don't like to post in community threads.

Terra_Ex

word on the street is if you buy Disgaea 5 the gods grant you 1 wish. I don't know man, $60 is pretty cheap for 1 wish, plus you get the latest entry of the greatest strategy RPG.

if D5 fails they're going to close up shop.

#savetheprinnies

bayo post the hashtag dammit

They're probably going to shut down if Disgaea 5 doesn't do better than any Disgaea game has ever done before.

edit: In Japan, no less. The place where consoles are pretty much dead.
Didn't know things were so bad for them and Disgaea is one of my favourite series, I just don't have the time to devote to it that I used to :(. Game's not out until next year though so that gives me enough time to catch up and buy it. Never mind the prinnies, Etna needs to be saved.

They seriously need to get the series on PC.

Vibranium

Banned
Man, I want to double-dip on Ground Zeroes. Too many games to play but screw it.

I'm pretty sure it will do great on Steam. hopefully we get the HD collection someday.

Lomax

Sega owns atlus.

Well, maybe Sega/Atlas could work with them for PC releases of the games they released for the PS2.

Seems like their business plan is pretty sound if they only need to sell 150k copies. Shame there's not more niche developers like that. But it's really a shame they don't bother with PC because that's where their target market outside of Japan almost certainly is now.

i wish the phantom pains was up for pre order that way i could buy it before valve continues to fuck over games from other countries.

_hekk05

Banned
My fellow gaffers, Bayonetta and I are teaming up to save NIS, and I'm here to spread the word, if you have no intentions of buying anything during this sale do us all a solid and pre order yourself a copy of Disgaea 5 for the Playstation 4. Now you're probably thinking "but I don't own a PS4." Don't focus so much on the small details, instead think of the positives, you'll be saving the prinnies. for every 1 copy of Disgaea 5 that is bought you save 5 prinnies. Think of the prinnes ladies and gentlemen.

#savetheprinnes

tumblr_lhdudqzYZg1qev3clo1_400.jpg

Already done, my prinny. Already done

Prinny platformers on steam when?

Chariot

Ground Zeroes is really as short as people say. I took my sweetass time in finding Paz while running around guns blazing and still had more cutscenes than actual gameplay. There is still a lot side stuff to do and the cutscenes were really nice, but it feels a bit empty even for the price of 10 Euro.

--
I got the voucher wrong, the voucher's for FFXIII-2, so it's still $6.40. I'm not sure, I've never used the store. If you've got problems, I can just get it for you and you can paypal me the equivalent of whatever $6.40 is in euros I guess?

MUnited83

For you.
This sale is pretty terrible. So many things on my wishlist that are not even on sale at all. Including old stuff. Meh :/

Jawmuncher

Girlish Grimoire Littlewitch Romanesque: Editio Acturi is on Steam Greenlight.
JastUSAs first attempt at a release on steam.
Also if you buy the 18+ version from their store you will get a key for the all ages steam version.
They're tallking of putting more on the service as well.

Hinomura

#savetheprinnes

tumblr_lhdudqzYZg1qev3clo1_400.jpg

I wouldn't like to sound mean, but... if your game is not Uncharted or Halo (...) it's pretty hard to stay alive on consoles.

I love Nippon Ichi games, I own almost every game they released (double dips included). But as a few Japanese publishers noted, you must port your games to Steam to have a bit more of hope... Since it's a PS4 game it should be pretty easy to port... include achievements and cards, do a good marketing involving exposure to media and even the most peculiar game (ie Valkyria Chronicles, which is not mainstream at all) should give you a nice boost of cash, allowing survival and a hope for the future.

Console gaming industry changed a lot since PS2 generation, games cost a lot more to make and the userbase is very picky and oriented mostly to AAA production games where graphics and production values are the main selling points.

I really doubt that randomly buying a game (without even having the platform to play it!) from a few gamers could save anyone...

And sorry for the rant :/

Ruruja

Hmmm, just thought - I bought a few games earlier and didn't get a pop-up that shows my progress towards receiving a holiday card (usually every $10). Are they not doing that this time?

StAidan

Hmmm, just thought - I bought a few games earlier and didn't get a pop-up that shows my progress towards receiving a holiday card (usually every $10). Are they not doing that this time?

They are. Go to your badges page and click the "How do I earn card drops?" on the holiday badge.

AsylumX

Straight from steam's faq...

Make a purchase - As an extra reward for purchasing, for every $10 USD or equivalent spent in the Steam Store during the sale you’ll receive a Holiday Sale trading card. From your Holiday Sale 2014 Badge page select “How do I get more cards?” to track your purchasing progress. (Microtransactions do not qualify to earn additional cards.)

Toki767

Did holiday cards hit rock bottom yet? Last I saw they were heading to under 10 cents. And gems are at like 55 cents or so.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
did you sleep longer than 15 hours?

You don't need to sleep for 15 hours, just over one 8 hour period of voting. I think in GMT the votes would be 6PM-2AM, then 2AM-10AM, then 10AM-6PM. If I slept in past 10AM or forgot to check when I woke up, I'd miss my chance.

Ayup. I like that. 8 hours was seriously bad for my sleep cycle.

Same here. Might get less game deals but I don't need to stay up at 5am EST, waiting for the next deal to show up. And yes, I stay up that late to see if there are any price errors showing up.

zkylon

zkylewd
even tho i appreciate no more flash sales and whatnot, it's kinda disappointing to return home and find everything's the same

i'm impossible to please

dani_dc

You don't need to sleep for 15 hours, just over one 8 hour period of voting. I think in GMT the votes would be 6PM-2AM, then 2AM-10AM, then 10AM-6PM. If I slept in past 10AM or forgot to check when I woke up, I'd miss my chance.

Yeah, the 2AM-10AM one was really easy to miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom