• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Is that the same artist from Quartett! ? It sure looks like it.

I think so. It's the main reason I preordred the physical version, because it comes with an artbook.

Any European guy or gals interested in the FFXIII-2 50% discount code from the SE Christmas pack? I don't need it so first quote gets it.

It... arises... anew

We defcon 5 here folks
Y8v3P22.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i'm not against having fun but i think that's one of the main reasons why we shove into community

This got shoved to community because it belongs to community just like WrestlingGaf, PopGaf, etc. This is more than talking about 1 or 2 games people here share more than just talking 1 thing. This is a bit more general on the games with a few moments of slips like these. SteamGAF is where its at because it belongs here and not because of the behavior. SteamGAF as a whole is a bigger thread than game OTs and always staying there taking views from other threads. The active OTs are in the community sections not the game OTs with 1 or 2 pages of talk, because SteamGAF its a very active thread. The minor laughs here are not what got SteamGAF into community but the whole thing it was Community Worthy even without the Off Topic material.

Coreda

Welp Firefox flat out refuses to load Javascript for Steamcommunity.com, while Steampowered.com is just fine, as are other browsers. Can't log in, can't view dynamically loaded images, or click many links... Not an ideal start to the sales.

so you guys think it's good go crazy once in a while because we're in community now?

i personally don't mind but there were so many angry folks the last times.

Vazra

so you guys think it's good go crazy once in a while because we're in community now?

i personally don't mind but there were so many angry folks the last times.

Hmmm as long as it doesnt derail for too long I believe it should be okay. It's not like people are fighting or anything.

Vazra

Almost every recurring thread was moved. Having said that I thought this thread was to remain open to escape the idiocy of the 'official' sales thread.

It was explained before why many threads that were in Off Topic and Gaming Side were moved to community and it was pretty much because they were too busy clogging the main pages lettings the news blocked or move to fast away. The gif is a joke following the alpaca thing and nothing else.

This is so sad, people shouldn't have to live like this.
Sad but that's the world we live.
``````````````````````````````````````
I see that Dunder's still killing everyone at speedrunners. Almost everyone had their chances but the chicken is damn too fast. please nerf.

Vazra

Sad but that's the world we live.
``````````````````````````````````````
I see that Dunder's still killing everyone at speedrunners. Almost everyone had their chances but the chicken is damn too fast. please nerf.

I see Dunder still has it going on lol

It was explained before why many threads that were in Off Topic and Gaming Side were moved to community and it was pretty much because they were too busy clogging the main pages lettings the news blocked or move to fast away. The gif is a joke following the alpaca thing and nothing else.
i am out of the loop with the rest of gaf.
didn't know most ots got moved.

also, hope you don't take my comments too personal.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
This got shoved to community because it belongs to community just like WrestlingGaf, PopGaf, etc. This is more than talking about 1 or 2 games people here share more than just talking 1 thing. This is a bit more general on the games with a few moments of slips like these. SteamGAF is where its at because it belongs here and not because of the behavior. SteamGAF as a whole is a bigger thread than game OTs and always staying there taking views from other threads. The active OTs are in the community sections not the game OTs with 1 or 2 pages of talk, because SteamGAF its a very active thread. The minor laughs here are not what got SteamGAF into community but the whole thing it was Community Worthy even without the Off Topic material.
That's basically how I felt about the whole move as well. Well said.

This comes from Shadownet to all of you guys and gals!

He really loves you and wishes you great holidays and a good new year!
Great giveaway. In for FF13.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
please read the whole post, we must save the prinnies before they become extinct.

I read it, including the part about saving the prinnies and not owning a PS4. Just saying that I'll buy their stuff when I can play it :p

Though that reminds me that I still need to find a copy of Disgaea DS at some point.

Oh, suddenly Cladun X2 and Clan of Champions aren't good enough for you?

I'd be interested in Cladun X2 if it actually went on sale. If they put Disgaea and Phantom Brave on PC, sure I'd be all over that. Mainly just to own Phantom Brave again since I sold my Wii copy a while ago.

I think I'll pass on Clan of Champions though.

If Sekai Project fixes their machinery by then :p

tebunker

Banned
Welp Firefox flat out refuses to load Javascript for Steamcommunity.com, while Steampowered.com is just fine, as are other browsers. Can't log in, can't view dynamically loaded images, or click many links... Not an ideal start to the sales.

I feel like the last few updates to Firefox have made the platform considerably worse and moved more and more in to Chrome. Shame too, cause I always liked Firefox and all the plugins and customization

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's the holidays, so it doesn't really feel right to me to give away games from bundles with rules attached. Go crazy, I guess.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Avadon 2: The Corruption -- MB-72ACBB789A057FC5 - Taken by ModBot
Skad -- MB-2A4F2E3774993F83 - Taken by ModBot
Alpha Kimori -- MB-A0E6D1DB84D862C5 - Taken by ModBot

That middle one should be Skara: The Blade Remains.

Lomax

The improve store search is nice for the sale, being able to search and sort by lowest price is pretty great:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=ut2#sort_by=Price_ASC&category1=998&filter=ut2&page=1

I'm really wondering if those weekly deal prices are ever going to be fixed if they are an actual mistake.

Dead Rising 2 complete for $13.59

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18253/

it was $20 last sale and summer sales

I'd probably bite at 75% off, always been curious about them. Maybe GMG will have a similar deal.

I, for one, welcome our alpacan overlords.

if someone can alpacafy my avatar that would be great :(

and maybe add a christmas hat on top

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Can't participate for this sale since I'm broke but I get these nifty holiday cards for voting! I hope I can craft something cool once I get all of them

Toki767

It's the holidays, so it doesn't really feel right to me to give away games from bundles with rules attached. Go crazy, I guess.

That middle one should be Skara: The Blade Remains.

Avadon 2: The Corruption -- MB-72ACBB789A057FC5 - Taken by ModBot

Taking first dibs.

strafer

So I've been messing around with some console commands in Half Life 2, mainly the viewmodel_fov, and I have now found the perfect number, I then tried adding that stuff in the config file in the HL2 directory which didn't seem to work, then I tried adding it as a launch option on Steam, didn't work.

Is it even possible to make it auto set that when I enter the game? I sorta want that so I don't have to open the console and type it myself everytime.

Sorry for all the HL2 questions. :p

baterism

Guys guys, MGSV GZ is amazing. It doesn't feel like a port. It runs at quite well on my laptop at 1280x720 low. Even with a lot of enemy it's still at around 45fps. My laptop i52.5ghz, Geforce GT 630M 2gb vram, 8gb ram.

Fox Engine scalability is real. Based Konami.

Annubis

I am still baffled how americans still live like savages with limited bandwidth. We have unlimited Flatrates for a decade now in germany and I don't know anyone who has no flatrate internet at home. How do americans even survive in this day and age?
If you're not american, I apologize.

Canadians too =(

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
How would Ground Zeroes run on i5 3350P, GTX 760, 8 GB RAM?

60fps locked with settings at high/very high (I haven't fiddled around with it to find the exact limit) judging from my initial experiments. I have a similar setup but a i5 2500k which is marginally more powerful than the i5 3350.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom