• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Mivey

Why start the gen with a new IP if you're going to make a new IP in the same genre as your biggest hit?
It's the New Coke strategy. You release a slightly inferior new IP, and then proceed to relaunch the original IP as a return of the "classic" one. It ensures that it doesn't get old, making it seem newer and fresher than it really is.

To keep this thread alive, let me post Agents of Mayhem screenshots to promote it's -66% off discount
42DC994ED2BDBAB1312C06816EF59CF907C726EA
87AB4342553CAEAFF70AE59255237EA255011184
BBD75B9FFA5EDE44F51DCFD64605413CBFEFC752
03AC5EE4EDF80FA6C912B6A3B81B5F9E3B200347
87BDD4C82905E94610D7961FA7D0F51599C83F37
B1939EDDEFC8D054AF11A42AAFFB0B85AD9434AF
3DAC3C31175AA53060A781471CB0C1E5B7AF17D9
51C022EAF61A73B219CF44DF52BED49ED72225DB
78F559D2B9CD37805772587C0AB8564D7B10AD98
97BF5D749B3B147A9CC2093F7433907DFF0AB177
2BBBE861E7D33FF74024732E2DB9468DBD80AF1A
DAD2B6393568CE2744A10DFBC36167E8F638C159
Thought timing for this discount is really stupid, there is so much hot stuff coming soon, so most people probably won't get it anyway, but it'll piss off some folks who bought it for full price only like month ago. Volition simply can't win in this situation...

abracadaver

To keep this thread alive, let me post Agents of Mayhem screenshots to promote it's -66% off discount

Thought timing for this discount is really stupid, there is so much hot stuff coming soon, so most people probably won't get it anyway, but it'll piss off some folks who bought it for full price only like month ago. Volition simply can't win in this situation...

Is this game like Crackdown 1?

Is this game like Crackdown 1?
I never played Crackdown, but judging by gameplay videos, it's definitely looks the same, same triple jumping around city, same procedurally generated sidequests (like destroy enemies vehicles and patrols), same hunt for glowing orbs (shards in case of AoM) that usually hidden somewhere on the top.

Does Agents of Mayhem run well yet?
Performance is really inconsistent and very depends on how old your hardware is. I had around 40-50 FPS on my old GTX770, no major drops but it was noticeable, i didn't managed to get stable 60 FPS on it even after tweaking graphical options (it should be fine on GTX 900-1000 series though). On the other side, game is very stable and never crashed for me during gameplay, and Volition also fixed a lot possible crashes and audio issues via latest patch. There is no straight answer on this topic, best way to find out is to buy game, play first hour and refund it if performance is not acceptable for you.

I reinstalled Warframe for that new "open world" expansion. I have 2 hours on file from before. The gameplay itself is fun, but I dont really care for the loot in this game. "Frames" and whatnot, I like being able to find new armor and weapons. Oh well, I will give it another go.

I don't like the prospect of juggling around characters as tools for different weapons, but I do like Daisy's design.

I dont understand paypal friends and family payment. I am trying to send payment for a bundle but it keeps wanted to charge me a fee equal to what I am sending. I never had this problem before. Also it doesnt matter if I change the currency to CAD to CAD or USD to USD it still charges the same fee.

I am using bank account so there shouldnt be any fee.

madjoki

I dont understand paypal friends and family payment. I am trying to send payment for a bundle but it keeps wanted to charge me a fee equal to what I am sending. I never had this problem before. Also it doesnt matter if I change the currency to CAD to CAD or USD to USD it still charges the same fee.

I am using bank account so there shouldnt be any fee.

Paypal added fee to send money from Canada. Someone else complained too, it's pretty insane for small payments.

ismY85h.png

Damn, Killer Instinct multiplayer is definitely not for me, i keep getting my ass constantly lol. Game also keeps throwing me at lvl 40+ guys from killer league, sometimes even against same player twice in row. But i turned this into win by not mashing any button at all in first match, and when in next match my opponent saw that it's me again and decided to pick fighter he never played before (probably to get achievement), i suddenly started playing and beat him. Surprise, mothafaka!

Backlogger

The 'purchase' went through fine for me. What do you see on the GOG Connect page - are the games just listed as "unavailable"? Maybe an unnecessary question, but you're sure that you have both games on Steam and they're not already in your GOG library? IIRC, at least the first game has previously been available to add via GOG Connect.

They don’t show as eligible or ineligible. Nothing shows. I already have the first one on GOG and in the past it would still show on the page as already owned.

I’ve heard of this happening to people before. It’s reslly annoying

The homepage tile for this offer seems to be gone so I’ll be pissed if I missed it

Jawmuncher

Why didn’t you post your most famous screenshot?

Hektor

Threadtitle "[INDIEGAME] had its best launch on Switch!"

Article/Tweet "[INDIEGAME] sold more units in its first day on Switch than it did on any other console"

This feels like 20th time this has happend in a few weeks on GAF *suspicious eye emoji*

Uzzy

A three way fight between Nier Automata, Life is Strange: Before the Storm, and Doki Doki Literature Club for GOTY will be difficult for me to decide upon.

Tizoc

A three way fight between Nier Automata, Life is Strange: Before the Storm, and Doki Doki Literature Club for GOTY will be difficult for me to decide upon.

Doki Doki sounds pretty messed up from what I read on TVTropes
I prob. should play it down the line >_>

Top Bottom