• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

What fee is this? I just went to the purchase screen for paypal and it didn't indicate any additional fee (I canceled out 'tho).

It is on the last screen before you send money via friends and family to someone outside of Canada. Its $3 if the money you are sending is over $3.

dex3108

Perfect timing :D

eWvjw0r.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Started Arkham Oranges. Did I change, did the times changes, do I like Yakuza better now or was the free flow system always shit but everyone thinks it's good because it looks cool? So many combos end because Bats targets not the enemy right next to him, sometimes he makes insane leaps to an enemy and sometimes he refuses to make two steps to punch someone. And the best is not hitting the enemy you want to hit.

You are just bad at the game.

Xater

Dream game that will never happen: X-Wing vs Tie Fighter 2 with dynamic campaigns for both sides. Also MP support.

So far EA’s Star Wars output is just bumming me out and I quite often think of the cool game concepts we will never see again.

Dream game that will never happen: X-Wing vs Tie Fighter 2 with dynamic campaigns for both sides. Also MP support.

So far EA’s Star Wars output is just bumming me out and I quite often think of the cool game concepts we will never see again.

Same, I often get sad thinking about all the cool Star Wars games we used to get while EA is now basically wasting the license.

At least FFG's output for board and card games is good.

Lanrutcon

Eh, I compared them because both are more button mashy. My playthrough of City and Asylum are too long ago for me to remember how they were. I have Knight, too, though I won't start it until next year.

Did the controller support in Grim Dawn get better? Last time I played it, it was awful.

Not sure how it was earlier, but apart from inventory management it's pretty slick.

Did a Windows update kill the Wii U Pro Controller workaround where you’d just hit next when it asks for the PIN and it would still pair. I can’t get this to work at all now.

It's so hard to learn lessons from your past games in a community that values sales over day-to-day purchasing. I mean, I have a fairly good grasp on the takeaway from my last project, but still. Well, at least the Halloween sale is soon enough, starting the gauntlet of final three sales of the year.

Perfect timing :D

eWvjw0r.png

Friggin perfect.

Amzin

That would suck so bad if true.

There are PayPal alternatives out there already. Venmo seems to be reasonably popular, might be worth trying out. I live in the U.S. though so I have no idea what is available worldwide.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Street Fighter‏Verified account @StreetFighter Oct 13
More
The last character of #SFV Season 2 will be infiltrating South East Asia Major 2017 Top 8 this weekend! http://twitch.tv/capcomfighters #SEAM2017

99% certain its
Guy's old master, so its a Ninja guy,
I forget his name tho.

Doki Doki Literature Club! is quite something.

It's not really possible to say much without spoiling something, but I will say that it was definitely worth the 3½ hours I put into it. The soundtrack is also lovely, so I'll probably be picking up the DLC down the line to get a copy of that and to support the developer.

Street Fighter‏Verified account @StreetFighter Oct 13
More
The last character of #SFV Season 2 will be infiltrating South East Asia Major 2017 Top 8 this weekend! http://twitch.tv/capcomfighters #SEAM2017

99% certain its
Guy's old master, so its a Ninja guy,
I forget his name tho.

His name is Zeku (cfn profile).

Zeneric

Lost my DOOM save progress (I even backed it up and it disappeared too, weird). Was recording. I have to restart. Great. At least I get to enjoy the ride again.

Vibranium

Banned
It is on the last screen before you send money via friends and family to someone outside of Canada. Its $3 if the money you are sending is over $3.

Wow that sucks. Only will buy games from people through Paypal if the price is good from now on. I've already stopped buying new games anyways though.

As usual, us Canadians get screwed.

I wasn't hyped for DOS2 at all but it's probably one of my favorite CRPGs of all time now. XD

The game is amazing. I had some moments of frustration with the learning curve but I always came back for more and now that I know what I'm doing it's even better.

I can't get out of fort joy.
There's a fight that just straight up murders me in
the prison.

Yeah, that was my first roadblock as well. Do all the sidequests you can find to get better gear.
Putting shields on my characters was the gamechanger for me, they give you the shield up ability which replenishes physical and magical armor.
Don't go into the room or the archers will destroy you, stay back and let them come after you, in the meantime take care of the others.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I can't get out of fort joy.
There's a fight that just straight up murders me in
the prison.

There are multiple escape routes, and sneaking is very effective even if you don't have points in sneaking.

Focusing down a single character, looting them mid-fight and then running away is perfectly viable.

Edit: Teleportation is the solution to problems you didn't even know you had.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You cannot purchase multiple things at one time on Origin. Guess I will get one of those stupid cards.

To be fair, nobody uses Origin for third-party games, so odds are the vast majority of people do browse the store with a specific title in mind. ;)

Arulan

Yeah too bad poor optimization doesn't mean anything for overall reviews, see pubg or Nier or any Koei Tecmo game or anything else with terrible performance.

The game still performs like crap.

NieR: Automata performs great on certain PC configurations. It's not meant to excuse the issues a lot of people had with it, but I think it's important to note that not everyone experienced those issues. I can't speak to PUBG or The Evil Within 2.

Posted more in the Warframe topic currently in gaming, but that game man....

The short of it is that it's completely off-putting for a new player like me, for several reasons.

It might be better than Destiny 2 on a systems level, but at this point I think I'd rather just try Destiny 2 anyway. The analogy I made was that it seems to be like the Diablo III vs. Path of Exile situation.

To make a point: the current EVE Online tutorial, which still isn't very good mind you, is better than what I experienced in Warframe's first few hours.

Maybe I've changed, but I don't think I should have to feel like I need to watch tutorial videos/streams and/or read a wiki within the first couple hours of gameplay, even for an extremely dense game. That's just not good design, and even if it's intentional to an extent - the marketing/general air about the game doesn't radiate that.

Annubis

Posted more in the Warframe topic currently in gaming, but that game man....

The short of it is that it's completely off-putting for a new player like me, for several reasons.

It might be better than Destiny 2 on a systems level, but at this point I think I'd rather just try Destiny 2 anyway. The analogy I made was that it seems to be like the Diablo III vs. Path of Exile situation.

To make a point: the current EVE Online tutorial, which still isn't very good mind you, is better than what I experienced in Warframe's first few hours.

Maybe I've changed, but I don't think I should have to feel like I need to watch tutorial videos/streams and/or read a wiki within the first couple hours of gameplay, even for an extremely dense game. That's just not good design, and even if it's intentional to an extent - the marketing/general air about the game doesn't radiate that.

Completely agree. The only reason I managed to understand the game is that I started playing with a friend who had been playing it for a year prior.

The wiki and the Reddit are where you'd get most of the info. The game says nothing about itself. Even now, the changes to the gameplay brought by the expansion aren't even displayed anywhere in the game itself.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Game -- MB-8FC9B12A902DAA3B - Taken by Popstar
waifu game

Top Bottom