• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Ascheroth

Very nice.
If it's a great port and sells a ton, maaaaaaybe KT will start thinking 'Wait, we could actually make a lot more money if we put in just a little more effort.'
But that's a big "if".

Jawmuncher

Glad to see we are indeed getting a PC port.
Now to wait for the port quality. If it's a high class port i'll be alright with $60.

Pretty sure I can't run it but will wishlist it for later down the road.

Interested to see what the price will be but that 100GB storage is a bit crazy.

Arthea

did Nioh just drop from the amazement cliff with that announcement?
take your guess

apparently it's a great game, or was anyway

Wait a minute. 100 fucking gigs. Jesus that'd take me a week to download.

it's time to get used to it, it'll become a norm pretty soon, for big budget games anyway

PS4 version was only 40 gbs, ULTIMATE TEXTURES

Glad I got pissed off at a hard boss a few months early on and didn't get too far in. Don't have a pro so I was using the 60 fps 720P mode

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
100GB strongly suggests dual audio support, if you ask me.

Edit: Never mind!

Sarcasm

I know nothing about it, but I read "Diablo" in the last page so I am in for Nioh!

Its Diablo for the loot shower.

Souls for the secret doors and trash mobs > boss > trash > repeat

The combat? Not really souls. Didn't have that ooomph to me. Close though.

I got really freaking bored of the game, glad it was a gift.

gelf

I hope they keep the dynamic resolution setting in the PC version of Nioh. I'd much rather a fluctuating resolution then framerate. Even if it is just a direct port with no PC extra settings I'll be happy if it at least keeps that.

Nice to see its coming as I was close to buying the PS4 version. Those minimum specs are way too high for me though, but its a Japanese port and they are almost always inflated so I'll wait for impressions.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Naisuuuuu. Let's hope the port is actually good this time around.

The entire loot and smithing system is 1:1 Diablo

So any loot game is like Diablo now? I mean to each it's own, but if you tell me a game is like Diablo, I will expect a lot of things and not just "loot". But when I said what I said anyway he hadn't edited in your post, he literally just said "I know nothing of the game but I saw the word Diablo so I'm in!" so I was just telling him the game is not like Diablo.

Hektor

That vindicating feeling of reading through old threads

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222773675&postcount=90
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222777579&postcount=106

giphy.gif

So any loot game is like Diablo now? I mean to each it's own, but if you tell me a game is like Diablo, I will expect a lot of things and not just "loot". But when I said what I said anyway he hadn't edited in your post, he literally just said "I know nothing of the game but I saw the word Diablo so I'm in!" so I was just telling him the game is not like Diablo.

I mean, yea? The Term Diablo-like has been used to describe lootgames for a long time.

Hektor

I'm fully okay with games coming late as a full, all in one package. Wonder what the price will be?

The game is still full priced on PSN and the PC version includes all DLC (10€ each, 3 pieces).
So i wouldn't expect anything beneath full price.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I mean, yea? The Term Diablo-like has been used to describe lootgames for a long time.

I've never seen anyone describe a game that is not a isometric / top down action rpg as "Diablo-like" nor should they. You can say that it has Diablo-like loot (or just loot) but when you say the game is Diablo-like it implies gameplay, aesthetic etc no? At least it should imo.

Again, notice he had not edited in your post where you say "it has souls-like combat with Diablo loot" when I posted earlier, which is a lot more accurate.

Hektor

Given that the game already supports different framerates as well as different resolutions, both static and dynamic, it should theoretically be really easy to make this a good port.
But this is Koei-Tecmo we are talkin about, they'll find a way to insert assets of a scrapped vita version or something.

I've never seen anyone describe a game that is not a isometric / top down action rpg as "Diablo-like" nor should they. You can say that it has Diablo-like loot (or just loot) but when you say the game is Diablo-like it implies gameplay, aesthetic etc no? At least it should imo.

Again, notice he had not edited in your post where you say "it has souls-like combat with Diablo loot" when I posted earlier, which is a lot more accurate.

I guess what it implies depends on your immediate association with Diablo. For many it's just the loot aspect, hence why Hellgate London and Borderlands were often reffered to as such, at least in my memory anyways.

How's the crafting in Diablo?

There's a huge emphasis on crafting in Nioh. At endgame, you'll be mostly grinding for mats rather than unique loots. Well, maybe it's balanced though as I didn't really deep into crafting back then.

I fell off Nioh really fast, don’t think I’ll spend $60 on it again, hopefully the ports good though it ran pretty well on a PS4 Pro so hopefully that translates over to the PC version.

Top Bottom