• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
So, is there actually a good Gsync monitor available? All I'm seeing are models with severe to disqualifying QA issues...
Anyone has a model they can recommend?

If you want IPS 1440p/144hz there's a bunch of monitors but they all use the same panel and it's a total lottery quality-wise. TN Dells (S2417DG / Dell S2716D) are great but not as cheap in Europe.
New TN 1080p/240hz monitors (like the Asus PG258Q) seem pretty good.
There's also a bunch of 35" VA ultrawides with gsync coming next month.

Ladekabel

Getting some real annoying screen tearing in Momodora: RutM. Normally it is an issue I don't always notice but here it's really distracting.

Tizoc

Holy crap
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/317370/?snr=1_4_4__tab-Upcoming

This was originally only available on the 3DS and is now getting a PC remake.
Price will be EUR 15/USD 15 according to devs.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Virus Named Tom -- MB-D6CA08F272EC980B - Taken by Hakkelus
Race The Sun -- MB-F4AE0D4829E97590 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Rocketbirds Hard Boiled Chicken -- MB-E8F1025491EA1381

t1487602614z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ThirtyFour, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shogun 2 Blood Pack -- MB-E50391AA154A813F - Taken by fspm. 2 entrants total.
Total War Attila: Blood and Burning -- MB-4A8429C477473AFC - Taken by Popstar. 1 entrants total.
Total War Rome II: Blood and Gore -- MB-B0E5141B80C340DC

t1487624934z1.png

Nillansan

So, is there actually a good Gsync monitor available? All I'm seeing are models with severe to disqualifying QA issues...
Anyone has a model they can recommend?

It's a gamble to be honest, I bought the IPS version of Acer XB271HU and I had to return the first one due to severe bleed light bleeding. I got really lucky with the second shipment. It's perfect. Make sure that you buy from a retailer with a decent return policy.

Ladekabel

Giveaways are back.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ladekabel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chroma Squad -- MB-3B6BB87F3F3ABF9A - Taken by Hereafter. 2 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle -- MB-BFDDFED493609AF5 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
Invisible Inc. -- MB-C8D516E812E0408A - Taken by maty. 17 entrants total.
Nuclear Throne -- MB-2D3F33D912E991C3 - Taken by Tellaerin. 12 entrants total.
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-C301A90D413BE89D - Taken by Nabae. 4 entrants total.
Rocket Birds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-5B5A5958E72A3A2B - Taken by Platy. 2 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-913F4139DC167871 - Taken by TheLight. 15 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-5C94EAFF932F2D9E
The Stanley Parable -- MB-85B11677D0F7675A - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-2DE6A4C1BB8D0819
World of Goo -- MB-22FEA7CACD44DFF3 - Taken by longlivegaming. 1 entrants total.

t1487635117z1.png

Here, have my leftovers!

tumblr_mvlnvpcGT11r5zq6ao4_250.gif

gngf123

The game is trying to tell you to stop playing it so you have more time to try other games again.

According to the steam forums those things could help: 1) Make sure your game files under Documents\My Games\Rocket League aren't Read-Only.
Running Steam as Administrator will usually fix this so the game can have correct Read/Write access.
or
2) Delete your Replays.

Deleting replays and then waiting for Steam to resync seems to have fixed it for now!

Must've been using up all the cloud storage.

C4rter

Sega Bla 2

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Comix Zone -- MB-BC8DDC6D17E7DA76 - Taken by KainXVIII
Shogun 2 Blood Pack -- MB-BFDAFFEEB1E9B963 - Taken by rainking187
Total War Attila Blood and Burning -- MB-3C26F0BAC10B9DEC - Taken by PaulSane
Total War Rome II Blood and Gore -- MB-4DDF2D666C26F266 - Taken by Popstar

Well shit, I done bought some of those GMG Loot Boxes against my better judgement, I must have some sort of onset gambling disorder. Got crap, probably won't learn my lesson.

DISHONORED: VCER7-L560T-3YCVR
PARANAUTICAL ACTIVITY: GYXG2-JMQI7-T969C
HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE: DYR8H-IMYQE-ZZHD2
DIRT SHOWDOWN: 7YLBA-75CTI-DM4BF
THREE DEAD ZED: AW7TI-F7DY4-4G2GI
CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR: LPLBE-I656M-B5FWP

Well shit, I done bought some of those GMG Loot Boxes against my better judgement, I must have some sort of onset gambling disorder. Got crap, probably won't learn my lesson.

DISHONORED: VCER7-L560T-3YCVR
PARANAUTICAL ACTIVITY: GYXG2-JMQI7-T969C
HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE: DYR8H-IMYQE-ZZHD2
DIRT SHOWDOWN: 7YLBA-75CTI-DM4BF
THREE DEAD ZED: AW7TI-F7DY4-4G2GI
CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR: LPLBE-I656M-B5FWP

is that the dishonored? because i thought the gmg loot boxes were just cheap shovelware nobody gives a fuck about

also, it was already used :(

edit: by parsnip I see, better than some random lurker, enjoy!

Grabbed Dishonored, thanks.
����

No prob!

is that the dishonored? because i thought the gmg loot boxes were just cheap shovelware nobody gives a fuck about

also, it was already used :(

Yeah that was the only thing of note, the rest was bundle trash, a few which of I didn't have though. These are different than the mystery bundles, these "Loot boxes" have a chance for GMG gift cards and relatively new games.

Tektonic

Did anyone work out if that G2A bundle was legit? (As legit as G2A could be, that is)

I couldn't find anything in the thread, other than the initial shock, and hypothesis

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did anyone work out if that G2A bundle was legit? (As legit as G2A could be, that is)

I couldn't find anything in the thread, other than the initial shock, and hypothesis

Codemasters confirmed that it didn't supply the Dirt 3 keys.

NeoRaider

ow yeah i forgot about your freak chance miracle. kinda tempted to get it because of that, fingers crossed for dark souls 3? :(

Oh I'm sure I'll buy more eventually.

Yeah it was some crazy luck but i wouldn't do it again... i think.

Chances for anything worth more than 15$ (In 7/10 boxes) are probably 1 in 1000.

Edit: I actually got another one (10 pack) after that first with Battlefield 1/50$ Gift card and got games that i gave away here. Also they were all duplicates from my first box and few more. So yeah... chances are minimal.

Sajko

Had something laying around.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sajko, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kholat -- MB-76C7E43161668B30 - Taken by Costa1774. 2 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-503C111209BB261B - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.

t1487637237z1.png

data

No idea, there's this article on pcgamesn that would explain why Superhot is in it: https://www.pcgamesn.com/g2a-direct

but for the other games I have no idea. I mean the Syberia keys might be the ones the devs gave out themselves on their website, Dirt 3 might be the ones Humble gave away before it got delisted, but then it doesn't make sense how they got 60k keys.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No idea, there's this article on pcgamesn that would explain why Superhot is in it: https://www.pcgamesn.com/g2a-direct

but for the other games I have no idea. I mean the Syberia keys might be the ones the devs gave out themselves on their website, Dirt 3 might be the ones Humble gave away before it got delisted, but then it doesn't make sense how they got 60k keys.

Codemasters binned the Humble keys that hadn't been used by the "expiry" date. It's why there was an expiry date -- keys don't actually expire, but they can be blacklisted.

Grief.exe

I think the SUPERHOT guys signed up with "G2A direct" some time ago... that part could be legit

They're intentionally devaluing their product, while not promoting a sale?

Seems circumspect. The rational answer is the entire situation is completely bogus.

Danielsan

Started playing Lords of the Fallen this weekend. It's nowhere near the quality of the Souls games, in pretty much every way, but I'm enjoying it more and more as I progress (and get to terms with the sluggish feel of the combat). Apparently the game is 15-20 hours, so I can see myself finishing it.

some DLC from the MWNL thing...

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Shogun 2 Blood Pack -- MB-4E1BA0B438524E94 - Taken by Popstar
Total War Attila: Blood and Burning -- MB-F1FABCF26E05A32F
Total War Rome II: Blood and Gore -- MB-CF0EA58C72E63689

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom