• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
berserk is that tentacle rape game right

No, it's that old arcade game where the robots were all "Get the humanoid! Get the intruder!" and the happy face was the worst one of the lot.

berzerk_screenshot.png

Vuze

Platy

It will eventually when you visit a page with a giveaway on it. Or atleast that was the case for me.

That page had a giveaway !

It worked the first time but I put wrong info for the api key but now it won't ask again and in the settings for tampermonkey I can't find where the info is stored to change and deleting and installing again don't make it ask again =(

Berskerk seems interesting but I think Musou games are not for me.
I've bought Dragon Quest Heroes to try one and it's nice to spend some time, but the fact that the combos are like 4 really makes it repetitive imho

AHA-Lambda

All about that RNG

As irritating as the RNG is, the far bigger problem imo is quite simply that the enemies all kill you in 1-2 hits, and it's just unreasonable.
Best I can do is get to the second floor, haven't even made it to the boss, and I've been at this for hours now.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Hey man, great script! But it keeps telling me to insert my Steam account, I've done this multiple times already but it keeps asking me again. Have I done something wrong? (Also, I don't see it displaying games that I already own.)

Are you pasting your entire profile link or just your steam ID? I just used my ID (the part after /id/ in your profile link).

kagamin

What would be a good baby's first CRPG
I kinda already have my eyes on Divinity: Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity because of this thread but not sure if either would be a good entry into the genre

I run KOTOR 2 every other year, this year is my off year but I highly recommend trying the games out (the second's writing is much better but you should still play the first).

eefara

I've got no use for the various game DLC given away from the recent Make War Not Love 4 event, so I'll post it here for whoever wants it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Endless Legend - Echoes of Auriga Add-on -- MB-D37E15FC906D1735 - Taken by Lain
Endless Legend - Echoes of Auriga Add-on #2 -- MB-2205AE59BC28013C - Taken by LurkerPrime
Shogun 2 Blood Pack -- MB-EF39E8E16D6F05C3 - Taken by PaulSane
Shogun 2 Blood Pack #2 -- MB-6C0D85D6C461219E - Taken by hardcastlemccormick
Total War Attila: Blood and Burning -- MB-857599633F4ED358
Total War Attila: Blood and Burning #2 -- MB-0EBFB8D1D1D17D9D
Total War Rome II: Blood and Gore -- MB-8E30AB8D8B44BA93
Total War Rome II: Blood and Gore #2 -- MB-CDB7464525B0CCB9 - Taken by Javier23

What's the best way to determine the value of a game removed from steam in my inventory?

Searching reddit game swap everyone is just asking to offer prices.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cisce, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cisce, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Aveyond: Lord of Twilight -- MB-61A43F0E2ACC00B8 - Taken by Costa1774. 4 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-2EAE7191538A80D5 - Taken by TheVoidDragon. 7 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 #2 -- MB-C7661821C31BB810 - Taken by Majukun. 7 entrants total.
Cosmic DJ -- MB-1605365019061CFD - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Eets Munchies -- MB-E085CCE99FEB16C9 - Taken by Hakkelus. 4 entrants total.
Five Nights at Freddy's 3 -- MB-7914AC3642889649 - Taken by 73V3N. 8 entrants total.
GalakZ -- MB-DE66DB305BE6EC9E - Taken by dorikyasu. 7 entrants total.
Goats On A Bridge -- MB-1EC06F8F9A8768B5 - Taken by lindarasta. 4 entrants total.
INK -- MB-A6FA0AA56F6A2DD9 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Labyrinthine Dreams -- MB-B0EA4C2F0BCE1910 - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
Metal Slug 2 -- MB-521D214EB8D04B5E - Taken by Nomadic Sparks. 19 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-83326B5E7FEC60B5 - Taken by Whitebison. 18 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-6D6D11D2DBCBCD9E - Taken by impliedsignificance. 20 entrants total.
Necromonads -- MB-E0B390B958833070 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee -- MB-751DA0B97D187681 - Taken by Vipu. 3 entrants total.
Plantera -- MB-4F1A15B19BAD0045 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
Quadle -- MB-A2A13F27FE4E2121 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Remnants of Isolation -- MB-CDFDCD85D73BF1A0 - Taken by Valahart. 1 entrants total.
SHOCK TROOPERS 2nd Squad -- MB-11A72A24DEA3FB20 - Taken by WinterDemons. 3 entrants total.
Tick Tock Isle -- MB-B77D563EEA54BB46 - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.
Whisper Of A Rose -- MB-604190639F3E9111 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
1hFaqwB.png
Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 (PSN) -- MB-1E8FAAE62028CE1E - Taken by Nola. 2 entrants total.
room13 -- MB-EC36EBB77680998D - Taken by WhupTroyGAF. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-5054B6A50500AADF - Taken by Nabae. 5 entrants total.

t1487729853z1.png

sadblob

I haven't gotten a prompt for it and I can't get the original prompt to pop up again

You have to look for it in your browser's local storage. I will give you instructions for Firefox, in other browsers I suppose it's similar.

1) Press F12 to open the dev tools.
2) Click on the config icon in the upper right of the toolset.
3) Under Default Developer Tools enable Storage
4) This will make a new tab appear in the toolset, access it.
5) Click on Local Storage and select http://www.neogaf.com
6) There you should have all the monkeyBot values, you can double click the apiKey and insert the correct value.

From what I've read in Chrome you access the local storage like this: Developer tools > Application > Storage > Local storage.

EDIT: image for reference

2LLTFBs.png

Grief.exe

Thinking of canceling my switch pre order and getting Nier since they release so closely.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Jawmuncher

The combat based DLC for RE7 just continues to show how fun it is to fight the same type of enemy over and over and over and over again.

Playing these modes makes me wonder how people complained about Mercenaries in RE6. Like damn, there's more comabt variety in one map of that then there is Survival, Ethan Must Die, or Jack's Birthday

Is there branching in Night in the Woods or encounters you can miss if you interact with one group? Or any sort of time based system based on doing things. Think someone compared it to Shenmue somewhere.

Battlechili

Banned
So if Nier Automata actually does come out next month, with all the other great games coming out then I'm thinking about buying two games next month. Nier Automata would be my first, but I can't decide on the 2nd. What do you guys think? I'm trying to decide between the following:
  • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
  • Monster Monpiece
  • Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
  • Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey
All of these are coming out next month and I can't quite pinpoint which one I want to play alongside Nier. Or should I save my money and just stick with Nier for now, assuming its coming out then?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thinking of canceling my switch pre order and getting Nier since they release so closely.

����������

You may be able to play the Wii U version of Zelda via CEMU, in which case you can pick up the inevitable Switch + Super Mario Odyssey bundle later in the year.

My Zelda-edition WiiU has been collecting dust for a while now. I might pick up the new Zelda for when family visits. I never got the TP remake either.

Next month is going to be crazy on here.

You have to look for it in your browser's local storage. I will give you instructions for Firefox, in other browsers I suppose it's similar.

1) Press F12 to open the dev tools.
2) Click on the config icon in the upper right of the toolset.
3) Under Default Developer Tools enable Storage
4) This will make a new tab appear in the toolset, access it.
5) Click on Local Storage and select http://www.neogaf.com
6) There you should have all the monkeyBot values, you can double click the apiKey and insert the correct value.

From what I've read in Chrome you access the local storage like this: Developer tools > Application > Storage > Local storage.

EDIT: image for reference

2LLTFBs.png

Worked like a charm, thanks

Teggy

Nier NG+ is going very quickly. I was already overpowered at the end of the game and now I am ridiculously overpowered.

OMG PC is a terrible monster. Actually, there is much that doesn't make sense about this revelation so I will probably need to do a bunch of reading after I finish up everything.

The Guardians, the wedding, the summons, Sin, Gullwings, Tidus, the parties' gender...

It is kind of amazing how most people don't pick up on the X/X-2 games being an allegory for a woman's sexual awakening an eventual acceptance of self.

zkylon

zkylewd
tried bayonetta 2 on cemu, sadly it seems to be emulating the ps3 version for me cos i can't get it past 20 fps lol

i guess my videocard is just not up to snuff, which is understandable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom