• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Helpdesk Site: Lots of upcoming games maybe leak, slowly getting confirmed

ZoddGutts

Spike Chunsoft said in an interview not too long ago that they wanted to support Steam, makes sense that their putting up the Danganronpa games on it. Hope they later put Jiro games on Steam (999/Zero Escape games) as well.

kagamin

At least I still have reasons to keep my Vita if all this is super real (namely Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2, and Project Diva X, other rhythms games etc).

FLD

It's good to not have games stranded on the Vita.

Yep, pretty much. And I say this as a Vita owner. That system isn't going to last forever and it would suck to have gems like Danganronpa forever stuck on it. This is true for any console, really. Once a game comes to PC, you generally don't have to worry about platform obsolescence or backwards compatibility. It's why I'll always gladly double dip or even hold out for the PC version if it's known to exist ahead of time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
All the "now I dont have to buy a Vita" and the "now I can sell my Vita" comments though, that does suck. That handheld is fucking sweet. Its dead as shit, but its fucking sweet.
Everyone buy a Vita.

Cry more? People would've bought a PSP2 if the system wasn't dead as shit and these were titles they absolutely wanted then and there and didn't mind buying them on a portable. Obviously, people didn't want to buy a portable for them. Hence, the "YAY I DON'T HAVE TO BUY A PSP2!" comments. They can get the thing for far cheaper than the PSP2 + memory card and other bullshit that said system has (game saves are attached to 3GIG+ game files because Sony is paranoid as shit) and enjoy the possibility of modding the game for extra longevity, something that couldn't be done on the handheld.

In other news, I'm still pissed it's taking Square so long to announce FFXII:HD. They just need to announce it already.

The more games ported to PC, the better preserved their legacy. I welcome this.

This is the most important thing for me. Currently I play all the major releases on PS4 (even though I have a more than capable PC) but it's nice to know that a few years from now when I decide to replay some of these games the PC version will be available.

Tagyhag

I've never seen so much excitement for late ports.

You have to think long term.

Let's say Danganronpa never made its way to Steam.

In 20 years, if someone really wanted to play those games, they'd have to buy a Vita (Although in 20 years there will probably be a Vita emulator) and all the baggage that comes with buying a 20 year old piece of hardware.

I know a lot of people only think about consoles for exclusives, but some of us think about the long term preservation of games and PC is clearly the best home for them.

Kalentan

You are proving my point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why is it wrong or insufferable by stating a fact? It is only a problem if you feel that your own choice of gaming Platform is inferior.
And why only PC gamers? You can go in every DF Thread that talks about the difference between Xbox and playstation Titles and these "Playstation looks better" or "Xbox has more stable Framerate" Posts take whole pages.

I think your missing the point. Imagine you have a friend. This friend is better at something then you're. This is an objective fact, he is better than you at this thing. He knows it and you know it. But he doesn't simply let that be the end of it. No, rather he needs to ensure that you are reminded that he is better at every change he is given, even when it's not even part of the discussion.

That's what I'm talking about. Stating the fact and doing what I mentioned above are two different things.

I refer to you to that 7th core unlocked on the PS4, for example. Don't act as if a subset of console users (and PS4 users in concrete this generation) weren't smug as fuck once in a while. Or every day.

Uh... Firstly, calm down. Two. I already said how similar issues persist in the other fandom's. In fact this will be the third time I've reiterated this.

It means hopefully you're not so attached to Vita keeping it's exlusives that it makes you physically ill if they go to Steam, like some people.
Who's "ill" over this? People are just tired of thread after tread popping up every time a console born game or remaster is rumored or confirmed for the pc and acting like it's the second coming to christ. Either that or begging for ports lol see the entire thread dedicated to getting Sega games on pc(which on any normal day you would be banned for port begging of any sort).

Hektor

Who's "ill" over this? People are just tired of thread after tread popping up every time a console born game or remaster is rumored or confirmed for the pc and acting like it's the second coming to christ. Either that or begging for ports lol see the entire thread dedicated to getting Sega games on pc(which on any normal day you would be banned for port begging of any sort).

lmao

Ullus

Dude, have you seen the countless PS4/XB1 remakes threads? It's crazy. Or how about the PS2 BC wishlist thread?

Cry more? People would've bought a PSP2 if the system wasn't dead as shit and these were titles they absolutely wanted then and there and didn't mind buying them on a portable. Obviously, people didn't want to buy a portable for them. Hence, the "YAY I DON'T HAVE TO BUY A PSP2!" comments. They can get the thing for far cheaper than the PSP2 + memory card and other bullshit that said system has (game saves are attached to 3GIG+ game files because Sony is paranoid as shit) and enjoy the possibility of modding the game for extra longevity, something that couldn't be done on the handheld.

In other news, I'm still pissed it's taking Square so long to announce FFXII:HD. They just need to announce it already.

I...can't cry more. I've cried all I could. What should I do now?
I guess I can cry tomorrow.

derExperte

I've never seen so much excitement for late ports.

Check out threads about the TLOU and Uncharted Remasters or any halfway decent oldgen title. And yes, I know you'll come up with reasons why that is a totally different situation but it isn't really. Or what about backwards compatibility for X1 and PS4? People are getting mightily excited to be able to play way older games without having to dig up old systems (I mean someone made a new OT for friggin' Rogue Galaxy).

This is hilarious. Anytime a game gets announced that isn't on PS4 people cry about it not being on there.

You have to think long term.

Let's say Danganronpa never made its way to Steam.

In 20 years, if someone really wanted to play those games, they'd have to buy a Vita (Although in 20 years there will probably be a Vita emulator) and all the baggage that comes with buying a 20 year old piece of hardware.

I know a lot of people only think about consoles for exclusives, but some of us think about the long term preservation of games and PC is clearly the best home for them.

I'll be honest, for me, preservation is very low on the list for why I care about the PC release of many of these games.

My reasoning is more selfish.

I'm a fan of "X", which is a niche Japanese game (say Danganronpa for example). It releases on multiple platforms on which it'll do decent numbers (PS4/Vita/PC, all which have sizable Japanese fanbases). The sales ensure more sequels are made.

^ Anyone who has a problem with a larger fanbase buying these niche games resulting in more games isn't a fan of the series to begin with IMO.

Akara

Banned
A lot of these are niche games that could use more sales. I don't get why anyone could be mad. And also you'll have a computer for a long time, it'll allow you to play the games whenever. Maybe even when you're 80, this is good news!

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I know we all like making fun of people(I know I do), but I said I was bothered by it. Im not literally or even figuratively throwing anything out of my window. Thats sarcasm.
This bothers me about as much as a fly going around my head. There's nothing to be upset about, but I cant say I like it either.
And its not list wars or who has the best console whatever, it just seems a bit dishonest. Had these games come out at the same time on every system on the planet I wouldnt even have noticed it, less objected to it. But I feel like I agreed to buy one thing, then it got changed into another thing without my say so, whether I personally care about exclusivity or not is moot. It just "feels" wrong to do that, though its really not.

All the "now I dont have to buy a Vita" and the "now I can sell my Vita" comments though, that does suck. That handheld is fucking sweet. Its dead as shit, but its fucking sweet.
Everyone buy a Vita.

You agreed to buy a game, and you still have your game. Now other people get to play the same game. What exactly is ruffling your feathers here?

Alfredo

I hope the Steam version of Danganronpa are ports of the Vita version, instead of like, PSP emulation or something.

So we can maybe get an English version and, most importantly, finally rip some high-resolution Danganronpa sprites. >_>

It's weird seeing people who are either blind to things purposely or subconsciously

Maztorre

The same people who don't seem to have this issue when console remasters are announced, seemingly. But that's totally different of course because reasons.

And if you have a problem with the moderation policy around what constitutes port begging you should PM a mod instead of whining in here.

Do you feel the same way about patches?

If they took things out that used to be there before and weren't glitches? Yes.

I didn't know this was such a sensitive subject. I just said I felt wrong about it. But now I'm a butt hurt fanboy that apparently needs to cry more.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Would you like an explanation of our moderation policy in this regard or are you just venting?

Hektor

If they took things out that used to be there before and weren't glitches? Yes.

I didn't know this was such a sensitive subject. I just said I felt wrong about it. But now I'm a butt hurt fanboy that apparently needs to cry more.

That is because there is objectively no reason to feel this way unless you're into platformwarrior listwars nonsense. Like really, there is otherwise no rational reason to feel this way.

T

bYS04AJ.png

bruh

Top Bottom