• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Helpdesk Site: Lots of upcoming games maybe leak, slowly getting confirmed

ZoddGutts

Japanese developers and publishers taking interest in Steam and finding some profitability there is probably one of the things I'm the happiest about in gaming right now. If I wouldn't have to buy Danganronpa for my Vita, that would be fantastic.

Took them long enough to figure out PC/Steam is a goldmine for more revenue to be made from. Just look at the Idea/Compile games at Steam, each one of their games have made good revenue in such a short time.

MUnited83

For you.
Who's "ill" over this? People are just tired of thread after tread popping up every time a console born game or remaster is rumored or confirmed for the pc and acting like it's the second coming to christ. Either that or begging for ports lol see the entire thread dedicated to getting Sega games on pc(which on any normal day you would be banned for port begging of any sort).

LOOOOOOOOOL
Man, you really have to brush up your reading skills then. Port begging is only banned when you're derailing a unrelated thread.

Jigorath

Banned
Heh, even Sony's starting to see the potential of selling games on Steam. With Microsoft already there, I guess Nintendo's up next :p

orochi91

I always figured Sony had something to do with FFX never appearing on other platforms.

Same with Kingdom Hearts, as all the mainline games were on PS platforms.

Ludens

Banned
I always figured Sony had something to do with FFX never appearing on other platforms.

Same with Kingdom Hearts, as all the mainline games were on PS platforms.

As I wrote sometime ago, I was waiting for the release of Lightning Returns to see if FFX costumes were included: they are.
So probably the exclusivity elapsed, the Steam entry is just another confirmation.

If you remember due to license issues, SE made unavailable (if not by modding the game) ME and AC costumes in FFXIII-2, they would remove X/X-2 costumes from LR too.

Heh, even Sony's starting to see the potential of selling games on Steam. With Microsoft already there, I guess Nintendo's up next :p
Nintendo can keep their first party exclusives but I see no reason the third party games are restricted to a platform. Yo-kai Watch, Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney, Persona Q, Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey, Dragon Quest and Bravely Default please.

Arthea

I tried to read all thread but that prove to be a bit much.

Anyway, very happy about news, especially Danganronpa, Steins Gate and even if I unlikely replay FFX yet again, good that more people can play it.
If Journey is that Journey so going to buy it day one and play again and again, an adorable game.

Very sad about lack of Atelier games, Star Ocean, Resonance of Fate, Atlus games and more The Legend of Heroes.

Also Sega pls

orochi91

Nintendo can keep their first party exclusives but I see no reason the third party games are restricted to a platform. Yo-kai Watch, Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney, Persona Q, Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey, Dragon Quest and Bravely Default please.

For real.

Nintendo's got a fucking strangle-hold on some pretty big 3rd party franchises lol

As I wrote sometime ago, I was waiting for the release of Lightning Returns to see if FFX costumes were included: they are.
So probably the exclusivity elapsed, the Steam entry is just another confirmation.

If you remember due to license issues, SE made unavailable (if not by modding the game) ME and AC costumes in FFXIII-2, they would remove X/X-2 costumes from LR too.

This is quite observant, I never made those connections at all :eek:

What about FF12 and Kingdom Hearts?

Have you noticed anything about them coming to Steam?

That is because there is objectively no reason to feel this way unless you're into platformwarrior listwars nonsense. Like really, there is otherwise no rational reason to feel this way.

You're absolutely right.
I just know I woke up this morning, read the title, read what was posted and thought, "oh god here we go again."
I suppose people's overexcitement just bothers me. The irony is that I care the very least about getting exclusives for my preferred system(s). I've never been into these console wars. But I'm annoyed when other people are. I think this sort of thing just ignites people in bothersome ways. It stirs things up.
As I said earlier, had these games all come out at the same time on every platform I wouldn't have even noticed. That's how it should be. But I can see the value in getting as much money from one platform and then going to another to get more. It makes sense.

Every game should just release on every platform at the same time so people can just play their games in whatever way they want and shut up. That's really it.

MilkBeard

They throw all of their mobile ports on Steam, easy money.

Well I suppose if people actually buy it. At least the mobile version can't be found on every platform known to man.

It's almost certainly the mobile port. It was rated for PC by PEGI a few weeks ago, so it's not entirely unexpected.

As for the second part, III, IV, IV: The After Years, and V are already on Steam, and are all ports of the mobile versions of the games.
I see I'm behind the times. They have ported a lot of them to Steam.

30l.jpg

:^)

Peff

There was never any. I'm not sure why people cling on to the whole "If it hasn't come out then it can't possibly come out in the future" thing but it doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Vamphuntr

I tried to read all thread but that prove to be a bit much.

Anyway, very happy about news, especially Danganronpa, Steins Gate and even if I unlikely replay FFX yet again, good that more people can play it.
If Journey is that Journey so going to buy it day one and play again and again, an adorable game.

Very sad about lack of Atelier games, Star Ocean, Resonance of Fate, Atlus games and more The Legend of Heroes.

Also Sega pls

The Atelier musou game is there

This is hilarious. Anytime a game gets announced that isn't on PS4 people cry about it not being on there.
I don't see the basis for your response when this particular two games already have a release on the ps4 and as I said to the individual I quoted who's I'll about this the games coming to the pc? I simply stated a fact in which I never said other console fan bases never do it either. People wonder why threads do turn to crap and ita because of attitude like some of the people have in this or others. Bunch of grown men acting like kindergarten kids just when a game gets released on one platform and not another, it shouldn't be about rubbing anything in or throwing it in someone's face. A game gets released to more people everyone should be happy instead it's chest beating because it runs better or sales better. It's sad when I see others provoking negative responses.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Then why not include the Aerith costume since 7 is already on Steam. Those costumes were also on the 360 version.

Battlechili

Banned
Is there any issue with KH games being sold digitally? They've never been available digitally before (for instance you can't buy BBS on PSN), disregarding [chi] which is a browser game anyways.

I'd love to see KH games get ported, but they seem like the farthest games away from PC ports.

-MD-

I got to the room before the final boss in FFX on ps2 and my brother deleted my save.

I shall buy and beat this game 13ish years later.

Battlechili

Banned
WTF?

Is Sony testing waters?
I would so love it if they did.
They would have a second platform to sell all their really old titles on too. They don't have to worry about losing many sales, while gaining a whole new slew of sales on older titles if they so desired (if they chose to sell like, PS1 Sony exclusives on Steam for instance)

novablue

Banned

Makes sense for MS considering all these games go to Windows, none of them will end up on Mac or Linux. Nintendo are trying mobile, so if that works get ready for that Nintendo soft ports. Sony knows what's good.

Short story, Windows win and will continue to keep on winning.

Akara

Banned
Makes sense for MS considering all these games go to Windows, none of them will end up on Mac or Linux. Nintendo are trying mobile, so if that works get ready for that Nintendo soft ports. Sony knows what's good.

Short story, Windows win and will continue to keep on winning.

Gamers win

novablue

Banned
WTF?

Is Sony testing waters?

Older obscure titles in the future is a possibility. They have a lot of IPs that need loving. I think MS may but I can see a lot them being Windows 10 store exclusive, Rare Replay is coming though I know that for sure, I have a sexy feeling about it.

orochi91

Bloodborne on PC 60fps ;))? lol

Fuck that, gimme some MLB: The Show.

I would so love it if they did.
They would have a second platform to sell all their really old titles on too. They don't have to worry about losing many sales, while gaining a whole new slew of sales on older titles if they so desired (if they chose to sell like, PS1 Sony exclusives on Steam for instance)

Legend of Dragoon on PC would be ace :3

Maybe if it sells well, Sony would consider a sequel...

Lingitiz

It's a smart move to secure a place in the PC market for the future.

The idea's been thrown around that the next Xbox may have further Windows integration, like somehow making Xbox 4 games playable on PC natively, or the Xbox 4 ends up being a steambox style solution that runs a TV friendly version of Windows and is just a lightweight PC.

Whatever it ends up being, that would potentially open up MS to a huge pool of new people buying their games that Sony wouldn't have access to. It's smart to the explore the market now while the stakes are low and they're doing well.

Top Bottom