• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Helpdesk Site: Lots of upcoming games maybe leak, slowly getting confirmed

Odrion

Banned
It was.

Times have changed, maybe it will be dead again in the foreseeable future :p

Well, with the ways things are going with Steam's lack of quality control and high content saturation AND on top of that Nvidia's sole competitor is circling the drain...

SgtCobra

i honestly don't know why anyone owns a PS4.
Well, I own one for Destiny? (I don't really know anymore) which is also playable on the Xbox One. Sony is not really targetting people with a capable PC with the "console debut" stuff they seem to love I think. They want non-PC players to buy a PS4 instead of a Xbox One.

But hey, if you want to play lots of content and games (especially JRPG's) early then there you have one of your reasons to keep your PS4 if you already own a PC I guess?

patapuf

Well, with the ways things are going with Steam's lack of quality control and high content saturation AND on top of that Nvidia's sole competitor is circling the drain...

honestly, i think people overstate that problem. If you are small/indie, there's really no option to avoid competition anymore .

PSN, XBL, Android, IOS, Steam, even the Vita, all of them are getting flooded with games.

There's like, the 3ds but that's only really attractive if you are a japanese dev.

The big guys just do marketing. If it becomes a problem, it'll be an industry-wide problem. Meanwhile, everyone tries to spread everywhere.

Which is why games in here start to come over, that never would have previously.

Akara

Banned
honestly, i think people overstate that problem. If you are small/indie, there's really no option to avoid competition anymore .

PSN, XBL, Android, IOS, Steam, even the Vita, all of them are getting flooded with games.

There's like, the 3ds but that's only really attractive if you are a japanese dev.

The big guys just do marketing. If it becomes a problem, it'll be a problem everywhere. Meanwhile everyone tries to spread everywhere.

Which is why stuff like the games in here start to come that never would have previously.

I remember one of PS vitas biggest problem was Playstation Mobile which had no quality control what so ever. Doesn't steam have quality control with titles needing to be greenlit and what not?

patapuf

I remember one of PS vitas biggest problem was Playstation Mobile which had no quality control what so ever. Doesn't steam have quality control with titles needing to be greenlit and what not?

It's minor. getting on greenlight is a 100 dollar, i'm not sure you even need a certain amount of votes anymore.

Basically if you are serious about your game, you'll get it on steam.

ArjanN

Its possible all these leaks are fake. Normally these are very accurate, but this is a weird case of someone might be changing names to false things.

If you look into this leak more than..not at all, its very obvious these aren't fake.

Someone probably did throw in Half-Life 3 as a joke though. But otherwise there's way too much detail and stuff that lines up with what we already knew.

So uh...If all these turn out to be true, which games are you guys planning on buying?

BASEBALL STARS 2
GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES
METAL SLUG 2
SHOCK TROOPERS
TWINKLE STAR SPRITES
Caladrius Blaze
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend
Dranganronpa 1 and 2
Xrd -Sign-

For starters :p

Nzyme32

Is the half-life 3 image in OP a troll?

Yes. All other HL games are Half-life, not Half Life. Chances are it is just a dev using it as a pseudonym to protect their game should exactly this leak situation occur. It could also just be a dev experimenting with some stuff and throwing out funny names. Could also be a Valve dev doing the old double bluff. Who knows

Corpekata

Banned
Its possible all these leaks are fake. Normally these are very accurate, but this is a weird case of someone might be changing names to false things.

"Someone" doesn't have access to all of these apps. While a few (Half Life 3) are likely someone pulling our legs, it would require massive coordination between several Steamworks developers for more than a few to be fake.

Nzyme32

No. The leak comes directly from Valves own Steam help site. They are 100% things put on Steam --- however:

- Things may not refer to what you think they do, as devs sometimes use pseudonyms for this exact situation or because they are testing things or otherwise joking around.

- There is no way of fully understanding the state of development. You can look at the subs and their history along with the change numbers to have an educated guess, but some of these may be abandoned or have changed plans. So a release on Steam is not fully guaranteed.

Sblargh

Banned
Oh, neat! Now I can stop pretending I don't really care about FFX HD remaster when FFX is one of my favorite Final Fantasy of all!

No. The leak comes directly from Valves own Steam help site. They are 100% things put on Steam --- however:

- Things may not refer to what you think they do, as devs sometimes use pseudonyms for this exact situation or because they are testing things or otherwise joking around.

- There is no way of fully understanding the state of development. You can look at the subs and their history along with the change numbers to have an educated guess, but some of these may be abandoned or have changed plans. So a release on Steam is not fully guaranteed.

Oh well, in case it doesn't come out, I didn't really wanted it anyway.

patapuf

A good example of this is the HL3 entry. Even if it's Valve's own, it just means they intend to put it out at some point. That can take a while.

Vegito

Banned
this reminds me of when halo showed up in the steam database. What a cocktease that was. We know rise of the tomb raider is legit. And the final fantasy games I guess could be on the way if the lightning trilogy made enough money on PC. But Half Life 3? People need to move on lol. Valve is clearly done making games. Sure source 2 seems to be a thing but are they actually doing anything with it?

Nzyme32

this reminds me of when halo showed up in the steam database. What a cocktease that was. We know rise of the tomb raider is legit. And the final fantasy games I guess could be on the way if the lightning trilogy made enough money on PC. But Half Life 3? People need to move on lol. Valve is clearly done making games. Sure source 2 seems to be a thing but are they actually doing anything with it?

In the leak, you can find:

Dota2 - IHV Vulkan (ie the Vulkan version)
RPG - Source2 (same as the txt file in the HL3 "leak" in October)
Dota2 Source 2 Breakpad - No idea what that is.

More importantly though, we know of one person who has seen L4D 3 beta testers, and another who has actually been shown the game. So that is pretty much a thing. The role out of source 2 is looking the same as Source, which started with CS Source to work out the bugs and then HL2 came along.

Kyougar

It's funny how we accept that niche vita games like Dangenronpa are legit in this leak but Half-Life 3, the game from the company who runs the website where the leaks came from is an obvious fake ;)

I also think that HL3 entry amounts to nothing in the immediate future

Lingitiz

Yeah I honestly wonder what happened with those Halo ports. Wouldn't be surprised if it was in the works and then scrapped when The Master Chief Collection started becoming a thing. And then when development on that became difficult a PC version moved completely out of the picture.

Valve is very clearly making games, they still have writers at the company and Erik Wolpaw referred to some projects in the works a few months ago. L4D3 is almost a certainty from the multiple leaks throughout the years, and if they were any other company they would have announced it already. The luxury of Valve is that they don't need heavy marketing or platform deals to sell a game. They could say L4D3 is out tomorrow and millions would buy it.

jmga

I have seen on reddit that thatgamecompany twitter guy claimed 6 months ago that Journey would never come to PC.

Now I wonder if this is another title with the same name or if things at Sony have changed a lot in the last 6 months.

MUnited83

For you.
L4D3 is in development and it's their next game.

jmga

It seems we will have to wait a couple of generations to see Journey at 4K then.

But the answer is nonsense, Sony just published Helldivers on PC.

Nzyme32

Well Journey debunked?

Probably, it's an ambiguous title anyway. That being said "Everybody's going to the rapture" is still in the running.

The twitter account for thatgamecompany also denied it less than an hour ago. https://twitter.com/thatgamecompany/status/673632135480107008

Well the statement is false since Helldivers is on Steam published by Sony with all the Playstation branding you could ask for. Having said that, Journey remains ambiguous and could easily refer to a different game, and obviously I take the weight of the devs any day over speculation.

FLD

Well the statement is false since Helldivers is on Steam published by Sony with all the Playstation branding you could ask for. Having said that, Journey remains ambiguous and could easily refer to a different game, and obviously I take the weight of the devs any day over speculation.

Yeah, that occurred to me after posting. I still think Journey is pretty unlikely to hit Steam, though. Some of these leaks I'm willing to take at face value but Journey isn't one of them.

Momentary

Banned
I'll be getting Journey on STEAM when it releases.

This has been happening over and over for a while now. Game pops up on database, dev/pub deny existence, game is released. They can't even lie right with their statement.

This has been happening over and over for a while now. Game pops up on database, dev/pub deny existence, game is released. They can't even lie right with their statement.

Journey is such a generic and widely used word in game titles that this could easily be referring to another game.

UnrealEck

i honestly don't know why anyone owns a PS4.

I bought it for Bloodborne and I wanted to play Until Dawn too for some reason.
I rented UD, finished it, quite liked it, nothing great though.
I now have BB rented. Have had it rented for about 2 months now and I've barely played it. Got to the spider boss, killed that and that's the last time I played it.

Now it's sitting doing nothing.
Wish I bought a Skylake CPU instead.

At least I've got the thing if I want to play games on it I can be sure won't come to PC. Those however are very few.

I'm sure though other people have a longer list of games they need a PS4 to play right now, or people who don't have a decent PC.

Sure. FFX collection on steam seems like a thing that makes sense. Square has been making some decent money porting old games like that to the platform.

Still waiting on Halo 1-4 on steam.

Its been a few years since those listings.

Nothing SMT or Persona related, unfortunately. Has anyone found anything related to Melty Blood or Under Night In-Birth?

Has Atlus Japan ever gotten its feet wet on PC? At least Square have prior history doing PC ports.

Top Bottom