• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

Hey guys,

I'm looking to pick up the Warhammer DoW 2 games just to play the co-op campaign with a friend. I'm not really one for RTS games, but my understanding is that this is maybe more action-rpg'ish, unless I'm wrong. If anyone else here has done the co-op campaign with a friend, any impressions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

You are not wrong. There's little to no resource management or base building required in the campaign. I kind of loathe RTS games but the DoW2 series is pretty great. It's more Warcraft than Starcraft in gameplay.

Mihos

Gold Member
I can't give specifics, but...

In the first ninety-six minutes of this sale I made more money than the previous thirty days combined

It's, like, raining platinum or some shit

I'll admit it... I bit on this sale also.

Good job, man!

kamspy

So what are the good $1 games this year? Got $1.71 left in the Steam Wallet. I like shooting things, and playing with things that shoot or slice, cut or maim.

KKRT00

If buy a collection of games, for example all Paradox ones, i can individually select what games add to my library and what to my gift inventory?
Thanks for info :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Not much for me today, but everyone should pick up FEAR and Terraria, they're both fantastic games. FEAR, in my humble opinion, is one of the best single player FPS games ever made. The gunplay is so, so satisfying. Still haven't bothered with the sequels, though. Terraria is super addictive, my no. 2 goty after Rayman.

BTW, has anyone given a rundown on Solar 2? It looks interesting.

Tobe

fuck this i keep getting ONE coal per achievement :(
just crafted 7 of my 11 coal to get a stupid 50% off storm:frontline nation ticket :(

the only remotely good thing steam has given me is Two Worlds 2 and day of defeat anybody wants to trade?
edit TW2 is over just got DoF for trade and a bunch of useless tickets

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
My own game and achievement gave me coal?

; ;

if I get yet another piece of coal from your game I'll be demanding a refund! aside from Serious Sam 2 (which I gifted), I've only earned coal and a couple lousy coupons. no christmas luck for me. :(

wilflare

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

RAGE

Moobabe

Has anyone else had a problem with this - I bought the Renegade Ops 4 pack - and everyone else BUT me got access to the coldstrike DLC which it said was included in the special offer.

I just got a Valve complete holiday pack, If I own all of the games but crack it open does it just add the games as extra copies to my inventory? Or do I need to just let it sit as a collection? I'm wondering because I wanted to gift my friend portal 2 but he already has the rest.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Card Boy

Banned
OK definatly getting that Jedi Knight Pack for $4.99. Do i want to get involved in any of the Gothic games? Or should i just avoid?

Shaneus

Are you rich now?
NeoFeep. Believe.

Holy FUCK at the sales data

Jesus fucking Christ
Sales data... only posted an hour or so after the sale went live? Dude, fucking awesome.

I mentioned this to someone last night, but what you've done on GAF and what's happened today with the Steam sale is almost a precursor to what Louis CK pulled off with his $5 video thing. Make it available easily enough and not only will people get it for themselves, they'll also likely pay it forward.

Shit, I'm going to buy my brother a copy! Well done :)
(will probably cross-post so you see it :) )

Oh, hey NeoGAF. Red Faction Armageddon is still on sale for an hour or two longer at $7.50. Worth it in the slightest?

Nabs

I just got a Valve complete holiday pack, If I own all of the games but crack it open does it just add the games as extra copies to my inventory? Or do I need to just let it sit as a collection? I'm wondering because I wanted to gift my friend portal 2 but he already has the rest.

I don't think you get anything but HL2 and Ep 1.

I believe you will only receive Half Life 2, Ep. 1 and Ep. 2 as gifts. All the rest will just disappear. I'm pretty positive, but someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom