• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To this day I picked up X3 Albion Prelude, Anomaly, EYE and Hard Reset. Plus from the achievements got Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Kick It! and Orcs Must Die. I got to say, looking at the inventory and not seeing another coal or coupon is a pretty good feeling :D.

I'm about to buy the Two Tribes Pack (Toki Tori, Rush and Edge) for $6.99, any thoughts on those games? I need to get something today since the daily deals don't intrigue me. I'm an addict!

Just played the demo for bulletstorm. Seemed pretty fun, but for some reason I cant convince myself to shell out 5 bucks for it.

The demo is a poor representation of the game in my opinion. They just gave one closed time trial level with very few skillshots available. The actual game, the single player part, is far better than what the demo would lead you to believe. If you thought the demo was fun, you really should get the full game asap.

Epic really screwed up with the demo of this game. Instead of time trial, if they had given just one of the co-op maps to be played for free without restrictions, that would have given a much better impression of the game and it could have led to more sales.

To this day I picked up X3 Albion Prelude, Anomaly, EYE and Hard Reset. Plus from the achievements got Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Kick It! and Orcs Must Die. I got to say, looking at the inventory and not seeing another coal or coupon is a pretty good feeling :D.

This is the opposite of my luck... fuck my luck.

I didn't buy anything today... Should I buy bite and buy Sonic?

At 7 quid you should.

Chavelo

If anyone needs to do the Dawn of War achievement, just add me to your friends list and I'll try and assist you.

Please do NOT capture points! *glares at Chavelo* =D

Just leave the game for 30 minutes and at the end someone can surrender or something.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/commander_ike

I should be in an hour at home.

XOaPN.png

HTuran

Aw man. Steam crashed whilst PayPal was processing. Got the payment confirmation but no game.

Steam says it's "pending", so I'll just wait for now.

Haha sorry. I guess I dont get the chance aversion based on how lucky I've been during this event.

I just feel like the risk/reward is better with crafting coal as opposed to saving them for the grand prize.

It's got to be region based, unless someone in the UK is getting games for attachments and crafting multiple games + more coal.
This can't just be me being unlucky.

I'll trade Trine coupon (-50%) for a coal. PM me, please, or I'll forget everything in the morning.

Already got Trine, sorry.

Dawn of War 2 worth it if i usually enjoy RTS games and i sort of liked the SC 2 campaign?

Talking mainly for the single player campaign here as i probably won't play any multi in this!

and if so is it enough to get the regular stand alone DoW 2 or should i grab any particular expansion?

Dawn of War 2 worth it if i usually enjoy RTS games and i sort of liked the SC 2 campaign?

Talking mainly for the single player campaign here as i probably won't play any multi in this!

and if so is it enough to get the regular stand alone DoW 2 or should i grab any particular expansion?

The single player campaign is interesting to say the least and I don't do MP myself. I've played through campaign several times.

For that price for a complete pack, it's pretty damn good.

30 minutes left to pick up bulletstorm for $5. PM me your steam id if you need someone to buy it for you. Or if there is anything in todays sale you need someone in the US to purchase for you, I can help with that too.

WOW, after trading my TW2 for renegade and solar 2 i got ANOTHER TW2 anyone want to trade?

This guy has The Witcher 2's falling out his ass and I get a 10 percent of Valve games coupon... something's up.

30 minutes left to pick up bulletstorm for $5. PM me your steam id if you need someone to buy it for you. Or if there is anything in todays sale you need someone in the US to purchase for you, I can help with that too.

Are you talking about buying people games for free?
That's pretty out there if so.

Suairyu

Banned
Wait, so you can buy Dawn Of War: Gold Edition and Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade seperately for £3.39, or together for £3.39?

That's... odd.

Also, how are they?

Sanic

Somehow i've ended up with TWO two-packs for The Ship.

Cool, I guess. Also, shout-out to Yeef who gifted me Limbo sometime during the last couple days. I'm ending up with a pretty good haul from the gifts so far I would say. What I have currently:

Metro 2033
Left 4 Dead
The Witcher
The Ship x2
Coal x6
25-50 percent off valve game coupons
Bioshock 2, Atom Zombie Smasher, and Recettear coupons.

Suairyu

Banned
Up to 10 coal now. I never receive anything but. Why are people risking the crafts?

Also, reposting due to post #100 graveyard:
Wait, so you can buy Dawn Of War: Gold Edition and Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade seperately for £3.39, or together for £3.39?

That's... odd.

Also, how are they?

Up to 10 coal now. I never receive anything but. Why are people risking the crafts?

I saw on the second or third day of the sale some guy had around 250 coal just by trading tf2 items. So I just said screw it and told myself I would craft my coal because I'll have less than a 1% chance to win the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom