• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Avoid.

Ask you yourself

"Do i really need this game?"
"Do i have other better stuff in my backlog"
"Why do i need this?"
I've been doing this all sale, but there hasn't been anything I've been remotely interested (that's somewhat expensive and borderline good/bad) in since it started. Completely forgot about this philosophy, thanks for the reminder! I'll play some RFG instead :D

Minsc

Gold Member
Wait, so you can buy Dawn Of War: Gold Edition and Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade seperately for £3.39, or together for £3.39?

That's... odd.

Also, how are they?

Dawn of War Gold just includes the Original + Winter Assault. Dark Crusade is a standalone game that's done in a more RISK / conquer the map style presentation than the level 1, 2, 3, etc style campaigns in the first two titles. The original campaign is really well done and worth the package price alone if you enjoy single player RTS campaigns, one of the better single-player RTS campaigns I've played. I didn't enjoy Winter Assault as much myself, but it was still fun for the first time. I've replayed the original game a few times.

As for DoW 2, I haven't played much Retribution yet, but Chaos Rising >> the original game. The missions are more varied and story is more enjoyable. It plays off the story from the original DoW 2 though, so it's still worth trying if you can tolerate it (skipping the extra missions helps speed it along).

Has anyone else had a problem with this - I bought the Renegade Ops 4 pack - and everyone else BUT me got access to the coldstrike DLC which it said was included in the special offer.

I thought I had the same problem, but in the end, the DLC did download and work for me.

With the extra copies of the 4 pack that you have, are they labelled with the Renegade Ops orange logo or are they grey and labelled as Steam Gifts? For some reason, I got both.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
To be fair, I endured this and then started playing, and the game is awesome. It's worth it!

Man, you were so right. Alice completely caught me off guard. What an absolutely hidden gem of a game. Gorgeous, gorgeous game. The first one way back when was sort of forgettable, but this one is great!

I highly recommend y'all pick this up while it's cheap.

Lyonaz

Also, reposting due to post #100 graveyard:
Wait, so you can buy Dawn Of War: Gold Edition and Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade seperately for £3.39, or together for £3.39?

That's... odd.

Yeah the Platinum Edition which contains Gold and Dark Crusade is cheaper than the Gold Edition alone. Gold edition is 6,79€ while Platinum is 3,39€. So I bought Platinum with Soulstorm for under 6€. They should have just made a Complete package for that price.

Jintor

I can't give specifics, but...

In the first ninety-six minutes of this sale I made more money than the previous thirty days combined

It's, like, raining platinum or some shit

Mind if I drop you that interview line I've been talking about dropping you for like a solid three months now?

Durante

Wow, I got something that's actually kind of neat!

w2011gifte6jql.png

(I have Fallout 1 and 2, but only on outdated media)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You guys were right about Jamestown being awesome. I played a few extra levels after unlocking the cheevo, the charge ship owns. So glad I traded some shitty coal for it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Coal crafting gaf is best gaf. Go for it.
NO, don't do it, I got a whole bunch of shitty coupons last time, 25 percent off on Duke Nuke Forever, F it man, go trade it.
So you are 1 coal short of 6 awesome games...
coupons
This for sure!

Or you can get lucky and get awesome packages with your crafts. Codemasters racing pack (5 different games) is what I got with my first set of 7 coals today.

I'll wait and see how much coal I have towards the end of the sale before I decide what to do with it. Judging by my (lack of) luck thus far, should I opt to craft some coal, I'll likely end up with another Valve coupon. :p

Divius

You guys were right about Jamestown being awesome. I played a few extra levels after unlocking the cheevo, the charge ship owns. So glad I traded some shitty coal for it.
^Yeah Jamestown is awesome.

You build your city on a hill,
Some day those tears are going to spill

Um. Bastion is slightly amazing.
I should really download the demo to check it out, but I already missed out on the daily deal ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom