• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

What's the point in keeping coal when there's an extremely slim chance of getting any of the grand prizes?

I'm trying to find a way to justify using this coal >__> lol

inky

Just keep some coal for the draw and craft the rest. When there's millions of entries having 20 coal vs 5 doesn't make that much of a difference.

Shaneus

Received a free copy of Zeno Clash today, for no apparent reason since i can't remember completing any particular achievements, not that i'm complaining. Thus far i have done very well out of the achievements, even the coupons i have received have been at least half decent. Only done 13 objectives.
Probably linked your FB to Steam in the past? I found that one automatically done today along with Edge.

Cth

I finally got a game! What's Jagged Alliance 2? :p

Fun older game..

3rd person/overhead strategy game with mercenaries.. each character has full personalities and quirks (Crazed Russian op who doesn't speak english), etc.

Like X-Com and those sort of games.

The Boat

Holy crap, I haven't had the time to check Steam out lately asides from buying a few deals, I was checking it out now and... I got L4D and the Valve Complete Pack! If I unpack it can I give away/trade just the games I already have?

Volcynika

Holy crap, I haven't had the time to check Steam out lately asides from buying a few deals, I was checking it out now and... I got L4D and the Valve Complete Pack! If I unpack it can I give away/trade just the games I already have?

You won't get extra copies of every game you own, it's a small set of games (I think someone else posted which ones somewhere).

The Boat

You won't get extra copies of every game you own, it's a small set of games (I think someone else posted which ones somewhere).

Sorry, I don't quite get what you're saying. It's every Valve game, but I own most of them. What I want to know is if I choose unpack gift will I be able to keep the ones I don't have and gift everything else.

Sorry, I don't quite get what you're saying. It's every Valve game, but I own most of them. What I want to know is if I choose unpack gift will I be able to keep the ones I don't have and gift everything else.
Right. He's saying you WON'T get extra copies if you already own them, except for the few where you CAN, but he doesn't recall what those few are.

I think.

The Boat

Right. He's saying you WON'T get extra copies if you already own them, except for the few where you CAN, but he doesn't recall what those few are.

I think.

Oh OK got it. Sorry, it's late here heh. I don't know what to do then, seems a waste to open it for just a few games :p

I forget if it's been asked, but when do new daily deals stop happening and repeats appear?

Oh OK got it. Sorry, it's late here heh. I don't know what to do then, seems a waste to open it for just a few games :p
Just find a decent trade for it...which itself will be a challenge. Good luck! :p

I'm totally not bragging but....
XaqCW.png

I don't think it would get as much use by me, I've never played a MOBA and don't have a lot of time right now to put into a new game. Is this still worth much?

catabarez

XaqCW.png

I don't think it would get as much use by me, I've never played a MOBA and don't have a lot of time right now to put into a new game. Is this still worth much?

Definitely not, I'll give you 2 coals for it max.

:p

XaqCW.png

Some people would happily trade for that. You could probably get some decent games.

Every single copy of Dead Space on PC should come with a giant flashing red text "TURN OFF V-SYNC TURN OFF V-SYNC" holy hell that mouse lag in the starting menu.... wow

I still haven't played the game and I hear that the turning speed is super low even on full sensitivity but I'm gonna wait to see it first because I don't want to download a third party program to fix it just yet.

Man how did that even pass QA (EA:"what QA ? lol")

Deadstar

Try D3Doverrider. V Sync + triple buffering. I've been rolling that way for months now and it's the only way to go when v sync is necessary.

Every single copy of Dead Space on PC should come with a giant flashing red text "TURN OFF V-SYNC TURN OFF V-SYNC" holy hell that mouse lag in the starting menu.... wow

I still haven't played the game and I hear that the turning speed is super low even on full sensitivity but I'm gonna wait to see it first because I don't want to download a third party program to fix it just yet.

Try using different combos for the vsync. Off ingame and on in GPU control panel, off in GPU control panel but on in game, off on both. If none of those work then turn it off in both and turn on vsync + triple buffering using the D3D Overrider tool

Babalu.

so is shogun 2 good? I'm probably gonna get it. What about all the DLC. the samurai campaign or the different elite unites and blood pack. Are those worth it? they are pretty cheap. can I use those units in campaign?

edit: and holy crap there is medieval total war and rome total war and a whole crapload. Which one is the best or newest?

So anyone remember Lord of the Realms? I have found memories of that game and how does shogun 2 match up to it?

Edit: Holy shit at the 15GB of storage Shogun 2 requires... reminds me of BF3.

I am seeing some mouse lag in Far Cry 2... I have V-Sync enabled both on my card and in the game. Is there a difference between the 2? I have a 60hz monitor and my machine will climb up to the point I recognize and see horizontal tearing...

so is shogun 2 good? I'm probably gonna get it. What about all the DLC. the samurai campaign or the different elite unites and blood pack. Are those worth it? they are pretty cheap. can I use those units in campaign?

edit: and holy crap there is medieval total war and rome total war and a whole crapload. Which one is the best or newest?

I enjoyed it and it was well worth the purchase at 50 dollars. For 7 bucks its a no brainer. Lots of content.

I have never played the DLC so I cant comment on that.

XaqCW.png

Awesome, after ~30 achievements I crafted some coal and just won the same thing. Also never played anything like this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom