• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboShmup

Banned
I may just wait until the last day before doing anything. Still have a few more objectives to do.

I'll check out the trading thread though.

Zzoram

The Binding of Isaac achievement is trash, it's completely random whether or not you can even get a chance to get it.

Also, only being able to shoot in 4 directions is weird, and nothing is explained.

Try using different combos for the vsync. Off ingame and on in GPU control panel, off in GPU control panel but on in game, off on both. If none of those work then turn it off in both and turn on vsync + triple buffering using the D3D Overrider tool

Thanks, will try D3D overrider if the tearing is too much or the mouse sensitivity is absurdly low.

I am seeing some mouse lag in Far Cry 2... I have V-Sync enabled both on my card and in the game. Is there a difference between the 2? I have a 60hz monitor and my machine will climb up to the point I recognize and see horizontal tearing...

Yes, I also had some big mouse lag with FC2, I deleted the game since I wasn't gonna play it for now, but I really have to look into it once I get back to it.

The thing that pisses me off though is that you have to press and HOLD right mouse to aim down the sights, now I know this makes much more sense on console/gamepad, but it's so unnatural to try it on a mouse, I really hope there is a way out there to change it into a toggle.

TDLink

I crafted "Uplink: Trust is a Weakness". Not really interested in it so is anyone interested in trading like...anything that isn't a bad coupon for it?

LQX

Crafted "Jamestown Deluxe Pack" but already have the game. Anyone has good shooter or adventure game for trade?

Feep

Banned
The Steam trading system is great because it let me trade a bunch of League of Legends PAX Sivir Skin codes for a bunch of cool stuff without using the hellhole known as eBay.

DTKT

The Steam trading system is great because it let me trade a bunch of League of Legends PAX Sivir Skin codes for a bunch of cool stuff without using the hellhole known as eBay.

Thank you for not implementing a "Binding of Isaac" achievement for Sequence.

Thank you.

Relax.MX

Thank you for not implementing a "Binding of Isaac" achievement for Sequence.

Thank you.

Well yes, but Feep you have a good game, i think it would be better another achievement with more dificulty (to make more people play more time, to discover at least two stage to meet with boss battle's)

Danj

dLMN8R

Yeah Feep, your game was such a pleasant surprise! You gave me a free copy a while ago but I didn't get around to trying it until the objective for it showed up. It's totally charming and fun, and I'll definitely go back to it a lot :)

cicero

I can't access it either. I'd love some help on this one, I spent quite a while attempting to unlock it myself with no luck.

I went back in my history and found the url with the serial.txt file that you can use to replace the serial.txt file in The Binding of Isaac Steam folder. But it also instantly unlocks 70% of the other achievements as well once you restart the game after replacing the file. There is that, and also the problem of how Valve might view this type of achievement getting, which seemed to elicit a different type of response from other achievement farming or save file using threads.

If you are fine with all of that, here is the url from that now closed Steam thread. Caveat emptor!

http://www.mediafire.com/?p7b4jot5b6ywd73

cicero

I know on sale stretches like this, they repeat some deals on the final deal. Think there's any chance they'd put up Skyrim for $40 again?

If they do their typical last day being a compilation of the best selling titles during the sale thing again? Sure, it could happen.

Feep

Banned
Well yes, but Feep you have a good game, i think it would be better another achievement with more dificulty (to make more people play more time, to discover at least two stage to meet with boss battle's)
The achievement had to be "gettable" within a certain timeframe, and since my game is linear, it had to be near the beginning and therefore easy. Besides, easy cheevo = more sales. = D

Darkkn

Sigh... Crafted my first batch of coal and got -10% for paradox titles :/

Otherwise it's been a good sale. Dead Space 2, Batman AC, Bastion, Anomaly Warzone and DX: Missing Link bought. None of these has dissapointed thus far.

deduce

I told myself I wouldn't craft again but then I see people crafting coal into DOTA2 . . . crafted 50% off Strong Bad Season 1 . . . smh . . .

Benedict

Thinking of buying Total War Shogun from US if there is a kind soul over the pond.
What DLC is worth buying?
Any other deals cheaper in the US?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Though I haven't had great luck with the raffle, I have had some pretty solid luck using it for trades. A few coal trades and one purchase(For the price I was waiting on anyways), I basically netted everything I wanted.

And between Amazon and GamersGate sales. I'm down to Skyrim being the very last title for this year I want to own. Saints Row III with DLC for 23$, Dead Rising for 13$, Missing Link for 3$, Bulletstorm gifted(Chu Chu!), and Portal 2 for 7.50$. With several titles I didn't even know I wanted :p

DTKT

Are gift obtained through the Holidays achievements "permanent". I have counter strike source but I dont want to trade it yet. Safe to wait ?

Jzero

i've been playing Binding of Isaac all day and i still haven't gotten any of the achievements i'm supposed to get -_-

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Got the Winter sale cheese mint for Sequence, really enjoy what I've seen so far of that game. Nice music.

Danj

i've been playing Binding of Isaac all day and i still haven't gotten any of the achievements i'm supposed to get -_-

The wikia page says:

Steam Treasure Hunt Wikia said:
WARNING: Achievements are broken for some users, and there is no known reliable fix, so make sure they are being awarded for you before you spend time trying to get it!

Steeven

I'm currently hooked on Binding of Isaac. Because of the huge amount of items and combinations of them, you never know what's going to happen next. I got the achievement Steam wanted me to get, although you have to have a lot of luck. If you want to laugh, read the Steam forums of this game, full of people moaning how hard it is to get. Great game, wouldn't have minded spending ten euro's for this one.

NGKrush

Neo Member
never played a total war game and would like to dive in.
which would you recommend?
i'm an experienced civ player, played a few rts games, but never a "hardcore" one.

Aaron

never played a total war game and would like to dive in.
which would you recommend?
i'm an experienced civ player, played a few rts games, but never a "hardcore" one.
None of them are super complicated, so whichever era you like best. Rome is the most simple, while Empire/Napoleon is the most complex, but you could start with Empire and still be fine. I haven't played Shogun 2 yet myself, but from all reports it's an excellent game also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom