• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowestdregs

Neo Member
Thinking of buying Total War Shogun from US if there is a kind soul over the pond.
What DLC is worth buying?
Any other deals cheaper in the US?

Gamersgate (and Amazon) have it for $7.50

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TWS2/total-war-shogun-2

Not sure about other countries, but I can buy at GG from Australia, and I get the US price.

At Amazon look for "game downloads" section - you'll need to use a US address to buy from there though.

If you buy from either place, you can use the key to register in Steam - in fact I think it's required with Shogun 2.

deleted

So I downloaded 10GB of Crimecraft - Gangwars, registered with my E-Mail address and started the game, just to get kicked out, even before I can log in, because there was a "cheat attempt"?

Is this a known problem with an existing workaround?

Edit: Apparently it was the D3DOverrider

Feep

Banned
So, in the 28 hours my game was on sale for 75% off, I made approximately 366 times as much REVENUE (even counting that fact that I only gained one-fourth as much per purchase) as a single day before the Holiday Sales started.

366 times.

Guys, I made a video game pretty much for fun and people are buying it and liking it and sending me nice E-mails about it.

Life is so awesome right now.

<3 everyone

Edit: Check this out: first post I ever made on GAF regarding Sequence, dated July 22nd, 2008

OniShiro

Banned
So, in the 28 hours my game was on sale for 75% off, I made approximately 366 times as much REVENUE (even counting that fact that I only gained one-fourth as much per purchase) as a single day before the Holiday Sales started.

366 times.

Guys, I made a video game pretty much for fun and people are buying it and liking it and sending me nice E-mails about it.

<3 everyone

You deserve it Feep.

Sequence is a truly awesome game, the love put into it really shows.

Congrats

Thoraxes

366 times.

<3 everyone

Edit: Check this out: first post I ever made on GAF regarding Sequence, dated July 22nd, 2008

<3

Small question regarding NDA (unless there's also an NDA on this question too): Are you ever allowed to ever discuss numbers of copies sold through Steam, do they permit it ever, or is it up to the person who holds the right to the game?

Feep

Banned
<3

Small question regarding NDA (unless there's also an NDA on this question too): Are you ever allowed to ever discuss numbers of copies sold through Steam, do they permit it ever, or is it up to the person who holds the right to the game?
I'm not allowed to discuss exact figures. I can do stuff like "I sold ###x this amount" or whatever, but the specifics are all under NDA. Otherwise I'd just tell you guys, I don't care.

Jzero

366 times.

<3 everyone

You deserve it for giving it to us for free

I can't sleep anymore.

Because I know that Feep is out there, forever circling in his fame like some sort of predatory bird.

The apocalyptic pace-car of developerGAF, to which every one of us will forever be compared to. And judged.

The judgement shall be swift and merciless as if each and every one of us were to be sliding across the Dragon Age franchise with our bare bottoms.

I wish everyone the best of luck in this field, and I hope that the lessons of independent PR in the digital age that Feep has imparted are well-learned.

Thoraxes

I'm not allowed to discuss exact figures. I can do stuff like "I sold ###x this amount" or whatever, but the specifics are all under NDA. Otherwise I'd just tell you guys, I don't care.
Thank you, and hopefully tonight you sleep on a bed made out of money :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Dungeon Defenders achievement is such bullshit. I even used Grandeu to give my character and towers utterly ridiculous stats, but I still can't get through the first wave due to the sheer number of enemies pushing through into the arena.

Edit: Done.

SimonM7

I did the crafting thing with 7 pieces of coal and got 50% off Serious Sam HD The First Encounter. Which I already own on Steam. Who would even buy that game at just 50% off? It's slashed down to 75-85% for the most fickle of reasons all the time!

I'd likely have an easier time giving away a dead pet. Thanks a lot Steam. :I

TGMIII

Yeah Feep congrats, suggested the game to my friends while it was on sale and they seem to be having a lot of fun with it.

Pretty tempted to craft the 36 coal I have right now, I've started to realize I have everything I want from steam and like 7 of the games on my wishlist are just filler anyway or I might just see if I can trade them for anything worthwhile.

rakhir

<3 everyone
I was too weirded out to take the free game from you, so i just bought it at this sale. :)
It played only the first couple of fights, but it's really cool so far (and kudos to the voice actors and writing, i'm in love with the tutorial girl!).

Great to see it worked so good for you.

nny

366 times.

<3 everyone

Congratulations!

BOO! I am about to buy Shogun 2 + all DLC but the blood pack is not avaiable in my country.
Can somebody from the U.S or UK gift it to me, will trade for 1-2 coal? It will work with my version of the game right?

lowestdregs

Neo Member
BOO! I am about to buy Shogun 2 + all DLC but the blood pack is not avaiable in my country.
Can somebody from the U.S or UK gift it to me, will trade for 1-2 coal? It will work with my version of the game right?

Are you from Australia? Check out Gamersgate - the game is $7.50 and i'm pretty sure they'll have the blood pack there too. It'll register in Steam no matter where you get it.

Guys, I want to buy a new hard drive to fit my games on because the one I'm using now is full. Is it okay to just buy an external 1tb or should I get an internal? I would rather not have to mess around in my PC but I've done it before if I need to.

Turfster

Guys, I want to buy a new hard drive to fit my games on because the one I'm using now is full. Is it okay to just buy an external 1tb or should I get an internal? I would rather not have to mess around in my PC but I've done it before if I need to.

You really don't want to run games from a USB hd.

cicero

366 times.

<3 everyone

wow, that is great. Congrats Feep. Thanks for all the free copies you gave us too.

mrgone

Did the price of external drives skyrocket along with the bare drives after the Thailand floods? If you can get one at a decent price, though, move other stuff onto the external to make room for the games. Or just pull the drive out of the enclosure and toss it in your system :) USB 2.0's not the speediest

1-D_FTW

366 times.

<3 everyone

So cool. Congratulations. Success deserved.

So what's the word on Xotic? The concept seems pretty awesome and right up my alley (arcade score attack FPS) but I won't have time to try the demo by the time the daily is over.

wilflare

feeling bad i used a save to unlock 9 other Isaac achievements.
hope this won't invoke the ban hammer :/

now left with Dungeon Defenders..
this is insane

mrgone

So what's the word on Xotic? The concept seems pretty awesome and right up my alley (arcade score attack FPS) but I won't have time to try the demo by the time the daily is over.

I've only played a little of it but it seems to be worth $2.50. Not the best game of its type, and not the worst. Reminds me of Outtrigger by SEGA, but with more movement options and a cover system that I'm still somewhat baffled by

feeling bad i used a save to unlock 9 other Isaac achievements.
hope this won't invoke the ban hammer :/

now left with Dungeon Defenders..
this is insane

I don't think anyone'll get uppity about it. It's a single player game that you've paid for that you could've been playing for weeks and still never have gotten the achievement. They've got more pressing issues right now for their support staff :)

I have some questions guys.

Its shogun II the best Total War? How is the non battle aspect? Is it interesting?

And what do you think about Medieval II, a firend told me so many great things in the non battle parts of Medieval 1 so many years ago, does Medieval II have the same greatness in the non battle parts (like politics, or putting you daughter to be with another land king, etc...)

mrgone

Its shogun II the best Total War? How is the non battle aspect? Is it interesting?

And what do you think about Medieval II, a firend told me so many great things in the non battle parts of Medieval 1 so many years ago, does Medieval II have the same greatness in the non battle parts (like politics, or putting you daughter to be with another land king, etc...)

It's definitely the biggest Total War :)

I was having a lot of fun with the non-battle mechanics from Medieval II. I liked it more than the battles usually. Although I cannot compare it with the rest of the Total War series.

About that, what Total War games are recommended? Thinking of Shogun II, since I heard some bad stuff about Empire and Napoleon. And is the DLC worth it? Already have Medieval II.

Darkhadou

Neo Member
So, how many objectives has everyone actually done so far? 34 for me:
2LLVF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom