• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllogism

Because there never are any winners! CONSPIRACY!
No worries~

For a copy of these rules or notification of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Steam Holiday Sale 2012 Contest and Sweepstakes Official Rules/Winners List Request, P.O. Box 1688, Bellevue, WA 98009-1688. Requests for winners' lists must be received by February 29, 2012.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Final haul:
  • Anomaly Warzone Earth - 2.49
  • Bionic Commando Rearmed - 2.99
  • Blur - 4.99
  • Chronicles of Riddick - 4.99
  • Dawn of War 2: Retribution - 9.95 (amazon)
  • Dead Rising 2 - 14.99
  • Defense Grid: You Monster - 1.24
  • Deus Ex: HR The Missing Link - 3.06 (GG)
  • Deus Ex: HR DLC - 1.68
  • Double Fine Double Pack - 5.74
  • Edge - 2.71
  • Fable: The Lost Chapters - 2.49
  • GRiD - 3.74
  • GTA Classics - 7.49
  • Lara Croft GoL DLC - 0.86
  • Magicka DLC - 1.49
  • Red Faction Guerrilla - 4.99
  • Renegade Ops - 2.99 (amazon)
  • Sonic Generations - 10.19
  • Splinter Cell - 2.49
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2 - 2.49
  • Terraria - 2.49
  • Tomb Raider Legend - 3.74
  • X Superbox - Free

Total: 100.28
My limit was 100, so I was barely over budget XD

ubisoft -50% seems pretty nice, $25 for revelations. is that better then the daily?

everything else isn't though!
Yep, it is!

A very conservative holiday for me, had to really hold back. What I ended up for Steam:

Bastion + Soundtrack - gift (I would like to thank TheNix once again, went well beyond what he had to do)
Humble Indie Bundle 4
Dungeon Defenders x2 + select DLC
X3: Albion Prelude
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (retail)
Dreamfall + The Longest Journey (missed it last year)
Same. I bought:
Indie humble bundle 4
Terarria
X1, X2, X3
Puzzle Agent
STALKER: Clear Sky & CoP

...I think I spent about 30 dollars total on everything which wasn't terrible... I mean I am probably set for PC gaming for the next year again. Last year I think I bought Boarderlands, Trine and Torchlight and that kept me fairly busy as far as PC games go for the past year.

NMnvN.png

Surprisingly little I was interested in was on sale. Still happy with what I got, though.

Relax.MX

18 usd for me, 20 usd for gift to friends, a lot of trades coal for games, 3 excellent free games for steam(Rage, Tropico Triology and one Dota 2)..and great friends :) one of my best sales..(ah, and now im in the club of 200+ steam games :) )

0seAl.jpg

NMnvN.png

Surprisingly little I was interested in was on sale. Still happy with what I got, though.

You got The Witcher, so is a very good sale

bonesquad

Dungeons of Dreadmore + DLC
Bastion
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Rock of Ages
Binding of Isaac
Terraria
Blocks that Matter

Total damages: 16.93

Now I can go play... Uncharted 3.

rezuth

18 usd for me, 20 usd for gift to friends, a lot of trades for coal 3 excellent free games for steam(Rage, Tropico Triology and one Dota 2)..and great friends :) one of my best sales..(ah, and now im in the club of 200+ steam games :) )

0seAl.jpg

You got The Witcher, so is a very good sale

How did you get all these games while I got jack shit?

JADS

Trades (Crafting 3 Ebeneezer hats in a row got me some games off my wishlist)
Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: Tropico 4 Free
Gundemonium Bundle Free
Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: Men of War: Assault Squad Free
Rochard Free
Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: SEGA Genesis Classics Collection (NA) Free
Puzzle Quest 2 gifted to me by mrgone! Free
Alice Madness Returns thanks to SephirothRK €7,5
Shogun + DLC thanks to wilflare! €11,-

Bought
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes + DLC 8,98€
Universe Sandbox 2,49€
Dawn of War 2: Complete DLC Bundle 7,47€
Solar 2
Aaaaaa! Awesome 4,73€
Rock of Ages 1,99€
3X Terran War pack 4,99€
AI Wars DLC 5,47€
Jamestown DLC 0,74€
Wings of Prey + DLC
Hard Reset 10,97€
Greed Corp 2.49€
EYE Divine Cybermancy 4x pack 7,49€
Defense Grid DLC 1,11€
Batman Arkham CIty DLC 9,71€
Dungeons of Dredmor DLC 0,74€
AI War
Duke Nukem Forever
Costume Quest 12,22€
GTA Complete Pack 9,99€
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Cargo! (UUgh, why did I buy this? Game isn't that good)
Edge
Bunch of Heroes + DLC (Which is the second game that I regret buying) 16,95€
Dead Island + DLC 10€ (Steam pricing error before the first day FTW!)

Total Damage to my wallet 137,03€

Wthermans

Banned
I got 1 33% Valve Coupon, CSS (which I traded for Stalker: CoP), and 6 Coal. Only did the achievements for games I already had installed and everything else was from Steam achievement (although I didn't do the FB one since I don't use FB).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I also got absolutely nothing of value from the gift pile. Just a couple of worthless coupons and a bunch of coal. Not a single game. But several people were kind enough to gift me extra copies of games they already owned, and I also won one round of GAF Bingo (got Deus Ex: HR and two indie games), so I'm not complaining!

Lucario

but yeah .. i only got 2 games .. and one was counter-strike =/

Did you seriously just post an obnoxious rageface wall of text image cussing the previous poster out for what was at best a mild complaint about terrible drops, then proceed to do the exact same thing, despite two games being far better than what most people got?

Mikeside

My32K.png

but yeah .. i only got 2 games .. and one was counter-strike =/

I spent quite a lot of hours doing the achievements and ended up with 60 achievements complete... but then, I didn't do it just for the chance of getting free games, I really enjoyed having an objective in each game, then moving onto the next one for a fresh challenge

It really seems to sit better with the MTV-way I seem to play games these days...

Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: The Binding Of Isaac with Soundtrack

Magicka: The Stars Are Left

Rochard

HOARD

Puzzle Agent 2

Universe Sandbox

SpaceChem

Civ V Cradle DLC: Bundle

Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Rise of the Samurai DLC

Total War: Shogun 2

Sanctum

Space Pirates and Zombies(SPAZ)

Revenge of the Titans

Dungeon Defenders

Rock of Ages

Worms Reloaded

Killing Floor

Hard Reset (RoW)

E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy

Frozen Synapse

Fate of the World

Greed Corp

Audiosurf

Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition

Civilization V

Dungeons of Dredmor

Bunch Of Heroes

Exuro

I'm an asshole for being jealous that some people got stuff and I didn't? Wow, that is a new.
Are you complaining about Valve cheating you out and being a terrible company like many whiners are? If not then the image isn't targeted towards you.

Sober

Great, the sale is over and now I actually have to play my games now? Preposterous!

(Also, has someone made the 2012 OT yet? )

gblues

Banned
My loot:

- 2011 Valve Everything Pack (won for first objective of the give-away)
- Jagged Alliance 2 Gold + Unfinished Business (major thanks to Feep because I got this from Sequence's cheevo)
-50% Valve coupon
-10% some random game I'll never buy

I also got Deus Ex: HR for $9.99, Civ V GOTY for $10.07, and Dungeon Defenders for $3.86 from Amazon and activated them all on Steam.

Since I won the Valve 2011 Everything pack and the coupons don't work for games released after today, the Valve coupon is pretty useless for me so it's up for trade. Make me an offer.

rezuth

Are you complaining about Valve cheating you out and being a terrible company like many whiners are? If not then the image isn't targeted towards you.

Valve cheated me out of nothing, other users did however by abusing the system but that is besides the point. I'm just jealous that people got games while all I got was coal and coupons :( Thank god for Sinners who gifted me a game, without him I would have hated this christmas sale :)

UrbanRats

Barely bought anything in the end.

A 1€ dlc for Napoleon, Deus Ex's Missing Link and the Jedi Knight pack for 5€, stop.

A personal record.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My haul (bought fewer games than I thought I would):

Bought:
Max Payne Bundle
Half-Life 2: Episode Two (actually, I bought and traded an even cheaper game to get this)
Psychonauts
Defense Grid: The Awakening + DLC
Rush

Gifted to me by generous people:
Portal
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Terraria
Left 4 Dead 2

Won playing GAF Bingo:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Osmos
E.Y.E.

Won from the gift pile:
-

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I like Steam and all, but if they know it's going to be so busy during these sales why don't they upgrade their servers? Having only bad experiences the past two months... Also does it have preferences between devices? I always get over 1mb on my PC and barely hit 300kb on my laptop (both wifi), also seems to depend on the sort of game maybe? I do an old game and it goes slow, a new and more popular one and it goes fast

Apologies if this has been answered on every page, but when is the prize draw? Do I have to do anything to gain entry, or is just having the lumps of coal in my inventory enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom