• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Think I messed up the inventory achievement, knew I should have waited until the servers had calmed down :(

I clicked on it, it loaded the objectives, clicked the Inventory link where I should see two gifts, but I see one (25% off any Valve game). When I go back to the achievements page and refresh it, the inventory achievement's still locked.

yeah I'm not touching shit till at least 3pm

Derrick01

Banned
This gift pile thing they have going on is evil genius. They're actually going to make me buy games I didn't want just to complete objectives for the possibility that I'll get a coupon or free game.

Think I messed up the inventory achievement, knew I should have waited until the servers had calmed down :(

I clicked on it, it loaded the objectives, clicked the Inventory link where I should see two gifts, but I see one (25% off any Valve game). When I go back to the achievements page and refresh it, the inventory achievement's still locked.

Same for me :(

Hopefully it'll sort itself out.

edit: It just did!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sir Roderick gives Cyl a Christmas present, Cyl gives him coal in return :( :( :(

HQcVc.png

What a jerk! :/
But coal gives you an entry into the super mega ultra whatever thing at the end of the sale!

cicero

Dead Island price keeps on glitching. I keep reloading and getting the $10 price, but it hangs after I try to buy it with my wallet and it asks for more to cover a $40 price. I keep on trying because I just know that IT WILL EVENTUALLY GLITCH IN MY FAVOR!@#

1-D_FTW

Skyrim didn't even nudge. Is it safe to assume it wont drop in price for the entirety of the sale?

No. It just means they're playing it cool and when they run that whopping 25 percent off Daily Deal, lots of fence sitters will be clicking with excitement.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about Singularity, but $7.49 is a bit much in the grand scheme of things.

I'll probably end up buying nothing today.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Thinking about Singularity, but $7.49 is a bit much in the grand scheme of things.

I'll probably end up buying nothing today.

It's a great game. Well worth it at that price.

inky

OMG, so either craft gifts from coal or leave them just for a chance to win the mega raffle. You can also exchange your coupons (or full games) for pieces of coal or the other way around. I wonder if people will start offering games in exchange of pieces of coal!

Damn Valve, you wicked, sly sly bastards!

mrgone

I'm not too sure if I'm down with the idea of random drops for this :p I liked the tickets being both gifts and contest entries at the same time. I can't even read the page right now, though, so I might be missing something. Also, I think Steam ate my inventory

PaulLFC

same here :(

EDIT: Nope. Works now! Just refreshed a couple of times. Guess the servers getting hammered right now.
Yep, same for me, got the achievement and Steam is showing 2 gifts in my inventory. If only it'd load the page properly so I could see what the second one was!

Peagles

Can anyone tell me what the third game across from the left at the top is, in the daily deals image? It's not available in my region and I'm just curious.

Lolerzors

Just wondering... dead island four pack was only 50% off yesterday right?... so is the 83% off 4 pack a new daily deal even though its unlisted?

Thomper

I have a coupon for 50% off Anomaly: Warzone Earth. Not really interested in that game, though - anyone have another coupon and want to trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom