• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
"Most coupons will be usable starting January 2nd, but keep your eye out for golden coupons, which can be used during the Holiday Sale"

1-D_FTW

I just used the Gift Pile thing, it's awesome.

5-6 objectives per day, when you beat an objective you EITHER get a gift or coal. Valve sent me 2 coupons to my inventory: 33% off any Valve game from January to March, 50% off any Konami game from January to March. Pretty swell.

You've got one good Steam server then. Because I can't get past the second stage of anything. And even when I do get a couple stages in, once the server hangs, I can't go back to the last page. I have to restart.

I mean, this always happens at the start of sales, so I'm not surprised. I'm just surprised anyone could get that much done already.

Prezhulio

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition is on sale @ £12.49 or £37.48 for a 4 pack (£9.37 each). What's the chance of Capcom going lower than the current 50% off?

Anyone want to go for a 4 pack? I can't host, but I'd be happy to paypal gift the host. :D

the chances are relatively good. wait until the last day of the sale to buy it at that price.

Chavelo

Bumped the steam gifting and group thread. Started a Bunch of Heroes pack. Should we make a separate one for this occassion (sale)?

EDIT: HOLD UP, IT GOT MOVED TO THE COMMUNITY THREAD. D:

masterkajo

I got the original Hald Life as a gift from steam. Already got it of course, still its the thought that counts. Thanks steam :)

Tenck

Wait so the gifts are all different? I got Counter Strike Source for free :lol

Edit: Willing to trade it. I already bought it a while ago.

Peagles

Yep, that's what happens with me, I've tried it 15 times now, and the price always corrects on the last step.

Same, was trying this about 20 min ago and always changed at the last step. Ffffff... :/

I already own it but really wanted it as a gift for a friend, guess I'll just have to see how cheap it gets in the real sale.

Also...

Where can you see your gifts (or how can you get some gifts) ?

Mine just took me to the objective page. Or do we not get one just for getting started?

Got my 50% off Valve games.

Portal 2 for 2,5-ish€ if it adds to the 75% discount. Soooooooooooooooo glad I didn't buy it during the Autum Sale!

TekDragon

Banned
What the hell is the deal with Dead Island? I can't tell which is bugged - the home page price ($10) or the price on the game's page.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sir Roderick gives Cyl a Christmas present, Cyl gives him coal in return :( :( :(

HQcVc.png

What a jerk! :/

what are todays objectives? anybody manage to get that page to load?

Steam
Check your inventory - you've got a gift! - A Mobius Achievement: simply go to your Steam Inventory and see what you got, then we give you something else just for looking for that.

Orcs Must Die!
Deck the Halls - Complete the Hallway using only the Arrow Wall trap, weapons, and spells

Bunch of Heroes
Holiday Survivor - Survive up to the 20th wave in Santa's map

EDGE
Snowblind - Find the six hidden switches in the snow-covered levels in December

Cargo! The Quest for Gravity
2012 - it’s almost there - The Christmas bell tolls! You have been blessed with a present.

Anomaly: Warzone Earth
Santa's Challenge - Grab 20 Santa's gifts from missions 2-4 to get yourself a nice prize

masterkajo

Steam
Check your inventory - you've got a gift! - A Mobius Achievement: simply go to your Steam Inventory and see what you got, then we give you something else just for looking for that.

Orcs Must Die!
Deck the Halls - Complete the Hallway using only the Arrow Wall trap, weapons, and spells

Bunch of Heroes
Holiday Survivor - Survive up to the 20th wave in Santa's map

EDGE
Snowblind - Find the six hidden switches in the snow-covered levels in December

Cargo! The Quest for Gravity
2012 - it’s almost there - The Christmas bell tolls! You have been blessed with a present.

Anomaly: !@#$%^&* !@#$%^&*
Santa's Challenge - Grab 20 Santa's gifts from missions 2-4 to get yourself a nice prize

I didn't get the first achievement even though I looked in my inventory... :(

PaulLFC

Think I messed up the inventory achievement, knew I should have waited until the servers had calmed down :(

I clicked on it, it loaded the objectives, clicked the Inventory link where I should see two gifts, but I see one (25% off any Valve game). When I go back to the achievements page and refresh it, the inventory achievement's still locked.

masterkajo

Think I messed up the inventory achievement, knew I should have waited until the servers had calmed down :(

I clicked on it, it loaded the objectives, clicked the Inventory link where I should see two gifts, but I see one (25% off any Valve game). When I go back to the achievements page and refresh it, the inventory achievement's still locked.

same here :(

EDIT: Nope. Works now! Just refreshed a couple of times. Guess the servers getting hammered right now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

chill out, you have two weeks to do it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom