• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

Anybody have that list I think from reddit or something of deals? I want to see if Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is going to get cheaper soon.

MRORANGE

I bought Tomb Raider for a friend, wasn't interested in the game, but I scrolled down and saw the Tomb Raider Collection:

So fucking tempted to drop on this, if you don't own any of the games it's a steal.

I bought Tomb Raider for a friend, wasn't interested in the game, but I scrolled down and saw the Tomb Raider Collection:

So fucking tempted to drop on this, if you don't own any of the games it's a steal.

Never played a Tomb Raider game in my life. How do the old games hold up?

3dmodeler

Is there a difference between Borderlands 2 game of the year edition and the season pass? They're the same price. I'm looking at the game of year edition and it looks like there's more content there. I could be wrong but it doesn't look like season pass includes the extra characters and vault upgrade. Anyone know which is better value? And I also already own the main game so does that mean I'd get an extra copy Borderlands 2?

LuffyZoro

Jørdan;94582489 said:
Is the top sellers by units or revenue? I'm guessing the latter but the former would be more interesting to me.

It's obviously revenue, because the top seller by units would be Bad Rats.
:p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Damn.

Motor Rock was removed from the store today, but two days ago they patched out the "Classic" narrator (aka, the Samples they took from the SNES game).

The new narrator is TERRIBLE.

Everybody on the Steam Forums is asking if anybody kept the original audio (they're just .oggs). I wish I didn't allow that game to patch yesterday.. :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there a difference between Borderlands 2 game of the year edition and the season pass? They're the same price. I'm looking at the game of year edition and it looks like there's more content there. I could be wrong but it doesn't look like season pass includes the extra characters and vault upgrade. Anyone know which is better value? And I also already own the main game so does that mean I'd get an extra copy Borderlands 2?

Borderlands 2 GotY edition is currently a better deal than the season pass as it includes the season pass content + two character class DLCs + vault hunter upgrades.

Unfortunately, you will not get a giftable copy of the game when buying the GotY edition.

JakeD

Damn.

Motor Rock was removed from the store today, but two days ago they patched out the "Classic" narrator (aka, the Samples they took from the SNES game).

The new narrator is TERRIBLE.

Everybody on the Steam Forums is asking if anybody kept the original audio (they're just .oggs). I wish I didn't allow that game to patch yesterday.. :(

dammit, i saw a patch download and i feared it could be something like that.

Never played a Tomb Raider game in my life. How do the old games hold up?

I've only played the ones done by Crystal Dynamics, and they're incredibly fun. They're not perfect, but I find the movement and platforming more satisfying than anything from the reboot or Uncharted. They do feel like older games, but I think there's a lot of fun to be had with them.

I've only played the ones done by Crystal Dynamics, and they're incredibly fun. They're not perfect, but I find the movement and platforming more satisfying than anything from the reboot or Uncharted. They do feel like older games, but I think there's a lot of fun to be had with them.

Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Sorry Brits, my bad.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Do it. Tomb Raider (the new one) was one of my games of the year. The older games are still great (especially Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld). Although I feel I should point out, it has been cheaper in the past at GMG (but not much).

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FEZ -- MB-C6C8FB52A5AFE83D - Taken by HowardRoark

Howdy errybuddah, go play that FEZ.

Arkanius

Wait a second. I really wanted to buy Shadowrun Returns, but now I see it still doesn't have the promised "Save anywhere" patch and there is an expansion coming up in January (No price set yet)

What to do GAF.

(I wanted to buy Arma III as well, but my PC can't handle it in the glory it deserves)

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Grabbed Contagion for $3.74 like I was going to last time. Also grabbed Shadow Warrior after hearing good things, but the clincher was the video where
the laser-guided missile took out that guy
. Funny shit. The gameplay looks a bit like Chivalry/Borderlands 2 in terms of first-person action, but I hope it doesn't feel as soulless as Borderlands.

The only thing I'm waiting for now is a Daily/Flash deal for the first 4 Splinter Cell games. I want all of them for close to $10.

Skyrim hasn't been a daily yet.

It was in the last sale. $7.49 for the game, $20 for the Legendary Edition. I grabbed the Legendary Edition.

Borderlands 2 GotY edition is currently a better deal than the season pass as it includes the season pass content + two character class DLCs + vault hunter upgrades.

Unfortunately, you will not get a giftable copy of the game when buying the GotY edition.

Can you gift it to yourself and save the actual game for another person while keeping the extra content for yourself? Someone mentioned doing something like that earlier.

Arthea

I'm confused now. So, in previous community vote 7 Grand Steps didn't win, if it won, -70% discount would have been available, I just checked and it has 70% discount, is it mistake or discount would have been higher?

Mr_Elysia

Just put a Snow Globe #3 for 39.98€ the exact same amount it would be required for TWD Season 2 and MGS Revengeance. Come on glitch in the Matrix + Holiday spirit, make it happen!

Holiday spirit for whom? The person who accidentally buys the thing you purposefully overpriced in the hopes that someone would get ripped off or hopes that someone would buy it out of pity? I generally don't comment in this thread because it moves quickly, and most of the people here are on my friend list on steam anyways, but I thought it might warrant a mention as I'm hoping you wouldn't do something in bad faith considering the persona you generally attempt to play to. Most people here seem to like you well enough that you probably don't need to resort to something like this if you're just hoping someone buys it because they want to be charitable. I assume the potential that someone accidentally buys it instead of another one was more an oversight than malice.

Edit: I see you said it was a joke. My sincere apologies.

jshackles

Can you gift it to yourself and save the actual game for another person while keeping the extra content for yourself? Someone mentioned doing something like that earlier.

Unfortunately not. If you buy it as a gift it's stored in your inventory as the GotY "package". If you add that to your library from your inventory, it's the same as if you just purchased it (no extra copy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom