• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Okay, I'm still only in the Mortuary and I'm already fascinated by Planescape. I actually restarted the game after about 30 minutes because I didn't realize you could talk with/interact with everyone and had made the place hostile. Any other game would have generic flavor text for undead workers. Not here

If Tides can match that, it'll be something special, especially with the crazy world
it gets silly with the combat and difficulty spikes sometimes, but it really pulls really compelling dialogue and story for the entire game and it's got just a ton of range, it goes from laughing out loud hilarious to gut wrenching drama and it's all wonderfully written

it's so good, i wish its combat didn't suck or that it just wasn't there

Tizoc

Goes without saying but i al certain many people are expecting the next jimquisition episode with bated breath :v

MUnited83

For you.
Goes without saying but i al certain many people are expecting the next jimquisition episode with bated breath :v
Only if the entire episode is about how Nintendo fucked over their customers by making the new and revamped Battle Mode for Mario Kart 8 a Switch Exclusive |:< .
hopefully someone hacks the fucj out of the switch day one and we can mod the Wii U version with the files from Switch version.

Do you still need to have CEMU connected to the pc to emulate games?

Edit: The sentence should read as "Do you still need to have a Wii U connected to the pc to emulate games with CEMU?

Kudo

Yeah, Switch announcement didn't really convince me either, chances are few months from BOTW launch it'll look better on PC emulated from the Wii U version, and I already have that console so going to skip Switch initially, going to pick it up eventually when Splatoon 2 hits though.

Uzzy

Okay, I'm still only in the Mortuary and I'm already fascinated by Planescape. I actually restarted the game after about 30 minutes because I didn't realize you could talk with/interact with everyone and had made the place hostile. Any other game would have generic flavor text for undead workers. Not here

If Tides can match that, it'll be something special, especially with the crazy world

Chris Avallone is a mad genius, so I'd be surprised if Tides managed to hit the heights that Planescape reached. I hope it gets close. Even that'd be fantastic.

Chris Avallone is a mad genius, so I'd be surprised if Tides managed to hit the heights that Planescape reached. I hope it gets close. Even that'd be fantastic.
The bits of lore from the recent thread and Eurogamer's early 2016 preview seem pretty insane and fascinating. If anything else, it should be a really interesting world to explore

Hektor

I can only look at Screenshots atm but that new Mario looks pretty intruiging. Too bad about the paid online tho.

Believe me, I tried. I completed the game (all missions 100% and all three secret levels 100%), but I just couldn't care about anything coming out of Bunnylord's mouth. I think the parody/satire was just too obvious, lacking subtlety. Of course, that's just my taste, I find that humour is very subjective.

Iirc all of Bunnylords dialogue is randomly generated.

We GOG now.

The only thing I know about this game is that Germanys biggest games mag refused to cover this game due to it promoting violence too much.

Gaming side is a mine field. Portbegs everywhere.

Typical PC Portbeg race.

Torment is suddenly one of my most anticipated games of 2017. I didnt realize it was far future scifi.

Playing Planescape for the first time right now. Still in the tutorial area

You're about to play one of the best CRPGs there is. Enjoy it and take your time with it.

God bless whoever greenlighted that money loser NMH3.

Switch and its entire ecosystem looks like overpriced garbage. Maybe they can try gold-plated amiibo next.

I used to root for them but it looks like they are not going to change so 3rd party it is.

The initial Switch teaser had me pretty excited for it as it seemed like the least gimmicky Nintendo console in over a decade, but this presentation has made me SWITCH (read in the over-emphasized translator tone) my enthusiasm off. Touch screen that can't be used when docked, Arms looks great but I never want to play a waggle game ever again, $400 CAD MSRP, paid online play, and Mario Odyssey is giving me uncomfortable Sonic Adventure vibes. Woof.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
I really like the concept of the Switch, but

battery life
launch lineup
paid online service and
price

are dealbreakers for me :(

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Just learned about this tool while browsing reddit.

Steam Cleaner is a tool that will remove large amounts of data left behind by Steam, Origin, Uplay and GoG. This tool can clear up gigabytes of data in a few seconds. There is no configuration needed, simply run it and it will detect all your installed games and then some.
https://github.com/Codeusa/SteamCleaner

Gained about 5GB

BorntoPlay

I'm kinda surprised by it.

At launch, I'm getting Zelda and Puyo Puyo Tetris, very excited for both. New SMT is coming. New game from the Bravely Default team is coming, with a really crazy 16-bit in 3D art style. Splatoon sequel. Mario Kart with real battle mode. First Mario in the adventure style of 64 since Sunshine. Fuckin' Xenoblade 2 announced. Dragon Quest XI coming down the road.

I hoped it would be the 3DS lineup and the WiiU lineup meeting on one console, which is exactly what it looks like so far. And it's a portable.

The only huge bummer for me is paid online. I'm still unsure if I want to bother with that for a secondary device when I can happily play countless PC games for free. Like, Splatoon is pretty good but I'm probably going to play it for a month or two and move on. Maybe if Smash has decent online, but even then I doubt it could tear me away from Street Fighter V as the game I play most days.

Yeah, paid online is the worst, but overall it was great presentation... I'll playing Zelda on WiiU, so i could wait for super mario odissey to buy the Nintendo Switch...

Weak hardware

what are you expecting?, it's a 6.2 inch tablet... ;)

Monooboe

I kind of really want the Nintendo Switch. Not at that price but if they also bundle in Zelda then maybe. Also first Mario game since 64 that I really want to play, seemed like an oldschool openworld platformer that I've missed.

It was interesting to see the off screen games to play in multiplayer, while gimmicky it is something that feels somewhat "new" and if it works well I can see it being fun way to spend half an hour here and there.

I do agree with the paid online sucking, I just can't see how they will get away with that, either it will be crazy cheap or they have to be offering a bunch of virtual console games every month. No one will have a Switch as their main online gaming console, so it will be monstly for Nintendo games the online is for and to pay for that is just crazy.

Ozium

lmao you guys are so shook about the switch, making excuses, hoping Ninty goes 3rd party.. PC is threatened by the Switch Nation and you guys are lashing out!

beggar race confirmed

Uzzy

The bits of lore from the recent thread and Eurogamer's early 2016 preview seem pretty insane and fascinating. If anything else, it should be a really interesting world to explore

Yeah, I've got a PDF of the Numenera RPG and it always looked like an interesting world. Sadly I never got to run a campaign in it, so I hope that I get to explore the world in Tides. There's certainly enough talent working on the game to deliver.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
When is my Switch VR headset getting announced?

Keep in mind I no longer have a good grasp on dates and time since the head injury so I may be asking this question again over the next few years because my head injury also impacted the part of the brain that uses previously acquired information and applies it to new situations.

Pretty awkward that the price of a Switch, a game, a pro controller, and an online subscription would be better spent on a budget PC.

The rain in cali is nice Btw guys is so relaxing.

Tizoc

I wake up and see that the Steam thread has turned into a Switch thread. Should I go away for a few days?
Sit ur ass down
It is just business as usual
Just talk about steam and pc and ull get replies as u can see in posts above yours

I use the WiiU Pro for my PC gamepad because it is no-frills and has great battery life. $70 is stupid overpriced but if the battery is good I will probably get the Switch one like a chump.

Just watch the conference to check the trailers for all the games that will be coming to Steam in 2018.

On a related note LEGO City Undercover is dropping this year.

BorntoPlay

lmao you guys are so shook about the switch, making excuses, hoping Ninty goes 3rd party.. PC is threatened by the Switch Nation and you guys are lashing out!

beggar race confirmed

yeah, that make me sick, i generally love this thread but not today...:/

Ascheroth

yeah, that make me sick, i generally love this thread but not today...:/

Steam thread is always talking about bigger console things when bigger console things happen, it's nothing new. And anime.
And I like it, because I get all the news just by following this thread and don't have to venture into Gaming side myself :p

But we can also talk about Steam stuff of course!

Started up God Eater 2 again, and boy the Difficulty 8 Urgent mission is brutal.
4-part survival mission with the second mission having you fight a Susano-o and Kyuubi in the same area.
I fucked up the first time and failed to keep them apart. Those fuckers nearly completely wiped my entire team and I barely made it through the remaining 2 missions.
Now I already know better and it's not that brutal anymore, but man, a Kyuubi has an insane moveset.

Eila

There are still audio issues tho right?
If not i should grab that used copy of 3d workd and Test it out :p

A bunch of Wii U games you'd care about are kind of cheap thanks to their nintendo select re-releases ($20 USD). I saw Zelda Wind Waker the other day and thought that was cool.

Ozium

Pretty awkward that the price of a Switch, a game, a pro controller, and an online subscription would be better spent on a budget PC.

The rain in cali is nice Btw guys is so relaxing.

why would you need to buy an online subcription at launch if it doesn't cost anything until the fall? you also don't need to buy a pro controller right away..

does that budget pc you are building include a monitor, a mouse, a mousepad, a keyboard, etc.?

Ludens

Banned
The Switch is simply overpriced. I considered the option to buy one if Zelda was included and the bundle was 250&#8364; or so, but 350&#8364; (Amazon price and I believe the price adopted in EU since taxes) for the console only is simply too much. I mean, with 50&#8364; less you can buy a new PS4 Slim or a XBox One with a game bundled (like XBox One S+GOW4 was 250&#8364; in GS during christmas).

The Plus-like subscription could be good IF you have access to all the already available Nintendo library on WiiU, so including Nes, Snes, GB, GBA, GC games.

Ozium

The Switch is simply overpriced. I considered the option to buy one if Zelda was included and the bundle was 250€ or so, but 300€ for the console only is simply too much. I mean, with 50€ less you can buy a new PS4 Slim or a XBox One with a game bundled (like XBox One S+GOW4 was 250€ in GS during christmas).

The Plus-like subscription could be good IF you have access to all the already available Nintendo library on WiiU, so including Nes, Snes, GB, GBA, GC games.

Shin Megami Tensei V is worth 300 alone

Eila

Nintendo Switch reveal honestly redeemed the Wii U for me. I was going to be all pissed if BotW was amazing on it and automatically make the Wii U worthless but paid online for stuff like Mario Kart 8, Smash and potentially the Xenoblade X port that was teased + not so powerful machine changes a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom