• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
100/100Mbps here for 33€ o/ it also includes TV and phone.. The economy of my country might be terrible, and income values awful, but at least we have some pretty darn cheap internet.

Tizoc

FOR ANYONE WHO IS GETTING SPIDERMAN SHATTERED DIMENSION
I've found a fix for the resolution issue with the game.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers...red-dimension-resolution-issue.html#r17100975

Note that when you double click on Height or Width to change their value you can switch to Decimal and set your preferred resolutions.

Pictopix needs Paint it Back's method of splitting bigger grids into 2-4, etc. sections. I'm stumped at various 15x15 puzzles like this-
6D6081894BEC8E2F6FA2ACC239C47CA4205CC936

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats stumping you? cross off that entire column above the lone 2 for example, which reveals the 4 correct ones next to it, and so on, and so on.

^ and that column that's 3 where you have two squares colored in with X's above and below is wrong

since you'd need to have 3 in a row (I assume)

yeah I didnt even notice that, that is indeed wrong.

^ and that column that's 3 where you have two squares colored in with X's above and below is wrong

since you'd need to have 3 in a row (I assume)

Lain

100/100Mbps here for 33€ o/ it also includes TV and phone.. The economy of my country might be terrible, and income values awful, but at least we have some pretty darn cheap internet.

I pay 52/54€ monthly for telephone and 7mega adsl. My salt is through the roof.

Tizoc

whats stumping you? cross off that entire column above the lone 2 for example, which reveals the 4 correct ones next to it, and so on, and so on.

yeah I didnt even notice that, that is indeed wrong.
Oh i didnt notice that 2 colomn :p thanks
Will Try it tomorrow when i am not too sleepy xp

derFeef

So I finally played that RE7 teaser (bad ending).
I think I like it, but I still have many questions what this game actually is going to be.

30€ for 1/1Gbps with TV and phone... and there's even limited sale 15€ offers for the same service.
As for mobile phone, you'd pay 20€ for everything unlimited and 20GB of 4g data.

By the way SteamGAF, I'm nearly done finishing Dead Rising 1. What a crazy ride. Although now I have to keep the game IDLE :")

Momentary

Banned
Guzz over at the Guru3D forums got Dragon Quest Heroes to downsample with cheat engine, but when you start the game back up, it crashes due to Koei Tecmo enabling tamper protection... So they even stop you from fixing the damn thing yourself.

MUnited83

For you.
Guzz over at the Guru3D forums got Dragon Quest Heroes to downsample with cheat engine, but when you start the game back up, it crashes due to Koei Tecmo enabling tamper protection... So they even stop you from fixing the damn thing yourself.
A perfect example of why Denuvo and similar programsviruses are a damn blight upon gaming.

fastest internet speed in the area I'm in is 50/5 (actual speeds are a bit higher but that's the advertised ones)

I doubt any faster speeds come to this area for a while...sadly I live pretty much in the forgotten zone between major areas above here and below here so nobody really cares what we get

Lomax

Humble Store has winter sale, also Dirt Showdown is free
https://www.humblebundle.com/store
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-showdown-free-game
lol Spiderman SD is on sale too.

I enjoyed Dirt Showdown until the damn gymkhana stuff.

Okay, I'm buying Shattered Dimensions before Activisiom removes that one from Steam as well.

Hate that I missed out on Amazing Spider-Man 1, and the two Ninja Turtles games.

I suspect the others were only pulled because the movies they are based on are basically being erased from existence. I'd imagine the SD license is different (and safe for the time being, especially with the new movie coming).

Nillansan

That's a shame, I would've bought it for full price if there was a reliable way to unlock the resolution.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dirt Showdown -- MB-B8975DB9D6E8D722 - Taken by Jason Frost

bigzgod

Okay, I'm buying Shattered Dimensions before Activisiom removes that one from Steam as well.

Hate that I missed out on Amazing Spider-Man 1, and the two Ninja Turtles games.

I will be looking into this too. I can see them being removed someday when the licenses expires. And I am missing a lot of them.

If you really want the first one, some people are selling steam gift copies for 10 keys or ~$20. Haven't seen anything for the Ninja Turtle games cheaper than regular price yet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
huh, anyone tried Meltdown? It looks like a standard dual stick shooter but its actually more of a isometric cover base shooter kinda? Just played a few levels and its pretty cool.

There's a variety of stuff going on, you have 2 weapons, a melee attack, you can dodge roll, hide behind cover and walk along walls using cover, vault over cover, there is gear to buy and upgrade (as in head/chest/pants type gear), which gives you more xp, more money drops, more ammo etc depending on how you want to play.

The only thing against it so far is that levels look very same-y so I can see it getting repetitive, althought the level up appeal of it helps negate that a bit (oh yeah, you level up and put points into skill trees too). It has online co-op too, some random dude joined one of my levels >_>

I also like the look of it quite a bit. Net little game.

Tfw humble doesn't have Shovel Knight on sale

its a good thing i bought it last time it was on sale a few weeks back, got lucky there.

Yeah true sorry it is kinda weird seeing it when it is a free game.
Yeah hb requires an email so it makes sense. Sorry if you found it offensive.

what? dont apologize, takes like 20 seconds to make an account. He's just trying to remove that "lock" on his acc in case a giveaway comes along that requires you to have given a game since the last time you won.

I'm on to you, Mackenzie 92.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Context would help.

A survey of 4,500 people working in the industry, the question asked is above, the survey was administered by an industry group.

In terms of should you believe it:
- Well, we don't know how many people are working for the same company. So if 100 people from Sony answer that they're working on PS4, that's the same as if 100 independent people say they're making a PC game on that chart, but the meaning is clearly very different.
- Most people at big companies are ballparking it; that they claim they are or will be imminently working on a platform doesn't mean that games will come out in that proportion.
- There is probably non-random non-response bias (certainly platforms have more norms of talking about unreleased products than others, the Switch is probably artificially depressed due to people interpreting NDAs as prohibiting them from discussing Switch versions of their games)

But really I think all of these concerns are sort of moot. Everything said by the graph is obvious. I feel like a broken record today for saying this in multiple threads, but if someone reports something that doesn't tell you something you didn't already know, it doesn't really do much for how you think about things. If the graph said 100% of devs were on Switch or Xbox One was spanking PS4, or VR collapsed overnight, then that would be new info. But this is pretty much what you'd expect if you pay any attention to gaming at all.

The percentage of indie developers that are developing games for each system. They asked more than 4,500 game developers.

Not indie developers, developers. There is probably a sampling bias AWAY from indie developers (because some aren't registered with various industry directories to get the survey) and a non-response bias TOWARD indie developers (because an indie is going to speak more freely about their work and is more likely to bother responding to some survey)

Ascheroth

Beat Shantae and the Priate's Curse

You guys weren't kidding with the difficulty spike in the final area. I liked it though. Boss fights were also all pretty good.
My earlier 'complaints' were mostly rendered moot once I got the Sabre and Cannon shortly afterwards, so that's good. In the end I guess it was just that part in the middle of the game that was kind of a lull for me, and I've reaffirmed that I really don't like the Mud Bog Island.

Good game.

--
I think I'm also getting addicted to N++, pls send halp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom