• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humbled

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered -- MB-334B89CEAFFF8194 - Taken by Iron Badger. 12 entrants total.
Epic Battle Fantasy 4 -- MB-28B53953DA0C9E6D - Taken by D3RANG3D. 4 entrants total.
Pony Island -- MB-5D1A2BE9F4CAE42A - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.

t1484281296z1.png

yuraya

What happened to Shadow Complex's reviews?

CAQ51OY.png

I've played through most of it and there is not much wrong with it other than some occasional framerate dips. Usually when you change areas or enter auto save room. Nothing that makes it unplayable or anything like that but it could have been a better effort on their end. Still tho it doesn't deserve mixed reviews. The game does get kind of boring at times so maybe people didn't like it all that much.

Catshade

It's been 25 years since the nekos were freed, but things are no better now than they were years ago. Most live in slums and some resort back to selling their bodies or doing domestic work. Now with rumors of a conspiracy arising to send them back to slavery, a charismatic, charming, influential, likable, intelligent, and compassionate man is tasked and given the power to help hide the Nekos that poses as students in his school and help close the racial divide in society. Unfortunately however...you got it instead...

I guess this is one way to teach the concept of 'racism' to those with anime avatars...

Parsnip

Played through Invisible Inc, and it's great.
But now that I've seen the story, I don't know that I will play any more of it. It's the same thing I have with games like XCOM as well, there are so many games I've yet to play that playing the same game over and over on ironman or whatever is just not for me.
If they ever make a sequel I'll definitely be in though, and hopefully in a year that it comes out so I can vote for it on goty stuff.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I went to Walmart and they had TS2015 for 1 dollar and I bought it.

I think this is rock bottom

They also had Space Engineers for 5 dollars but I passed

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Maybe the owners are squeezing all they can before sale? Pls make a humble bundle before selling. I don't have any of their games on steam.

I can see Nordic (or whoever buys the IPs/publishing contracts, but I'm fairly confident it's going to be Nordic) doing a Humble Interplay Bundle.

ArjanN

What happened to Shadow Complex's reviews?

CAQ51OY.png

Dunno, but I've noticed reviews often seem to get lower
and dumber
the bigger and more general the audience becomes, i.e. after sales when it's no longer just informed people already knowing what they're buying.

zkylon

zkylewd
i get two week vacations starting monday, what's a good game (or couple good games) to play in that time?

i'm kind of considering booting up persona 4 for the first time

i've been putting it off for years because i don't want to "waste it" but since 5 is just around the corner it might be a good time to

also was thinking doing either tyranny or the age of decadence or the eternity dlc, since those also seem like long rpgs that might be good to tackle in my vacations

tho maybe i should just visit my wii u friend and force him to rip me some wii u games to play on emulator

chixdiggit

I am looking to revisit the RTS genre. I was never very good at them but feel the itch to play one. Any recommendations on a easy to learn RTS?

Prison Architect is weird. Dunno if I like it. Feels like a lot like Rimworld (by design, since Rimworld was heavily inspired by it) but feels weighted down by a lot of less interesting logistical mechanics.

Also the tutorial/campaign is weird as heck,
i get two week vacations starting monday, what's a good game (or couple good games) to play in that time?

i've been putting it off for years because i don't want to "waste it" but since 5 is just around the corner it might be a good time to

also was thinking doing either tyranny or the age of decadence or the eternity dlc, since those also seem like long rpgs that might be good to tackle in my vacations

tho maybe i should just visit my wii u friend and force him to rip me some wii u games to play on emulator

Do it. Play Persona 4! Learn why Junes is the best place in the world.

In two weeks you will know just how wrong gngf123 is. Persona 4 is one of those GOAT-tier games.

zkylon

zkylewd
Do it. Play Persona 4! Learn why Junes is the best place in the world.

In two weeks you will know just how wrong gngf123 is. Persona 4 is one of those GOAT-tier games.
yeah i mean, i doubt i'll beat it in two weeks, but i'm for sure gonna be able to play dozens of hours of it and i'm already a huge persona 3 fan so no doubt i'll love it

PaulSane

Ah, the good old "too good to play" syndrome it seems :) I'm kinda in the same boat with Trails in the Sky - i've played about 25 hours of FC before stopping due to not having enough time for it at that moment. I was thinking about going back to it, but every time the thought of finishing it and not being able to look forward to playing it anymore stops me - i feel like it's not the right moment yet, especially since we have TitS 3rd coming soon. I know this is pretty silly of me, but from what i've played of it, i know this is going to be one of the best gaming experiences i ever had, and to fully appreciate this game i'd need to dedicate a lot of my free time to playing it.
But it looks like the right time will come soon, since i'll be traveling for several months this year, and my notebook can't really run many games well, so i would have very little choice in what to play in my free time. I just hope Trails 3rd comes out before i leave :p

I am looking to revisit the RTS genre. I was never very good at them but feel the itch to play one. Any recommendations on a easy to learn RTS?

I feel like you can't go wrong with Age of Empires 2/Age of Mythology/Red Alert 2 :p But that's just an opinion of a nostalgic old(-ish) man who hasn't actually played many newer RTS's and prefers to go back to those to scratch that itch.

rtcn63

If this wasn't a Nintendo console, I'd be more hyped. Because you know it's gonna be MSRP while Pro and Scorpio eventually hit sub-$300 during the holidays. And then there's the added cost of a Pro controller (unless they include one) and other accessories.

I see the console possibly doing (much) better than the Wii U at launch because of its "uniqueness", then basically becoming home to the same folks who stuck with its predecessor.

yuraya

HAHAHAHA Nintendo Online will be paid. Because their online infrastructure reeeeeeeeeeeeally deserves additional money.

Steam stays winning.

Really surprised they did that. Then again they see MS/Sony reel in billions every year with their subs so it was only a matter of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom