• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

-MD-

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (-MD-, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Fallout: New Vegas -- MB-A023C937EF4DC363 - Taken by Ventara

Shadownet

Banned
I missed a Fuzzi giveaway... damn Euro time :(
Also get well soon Shadownet!

<3 Thank you :D keep talking to me and I surely will! I just realized you haven't been on Steam in a day! it's been far too long. come back!

--------------

"I used to be an adventurer like you, until I took a car to the knee." - Shadownet

Mono

Oh, hello new thread! :O

From Speevy in the last thread:

I have this weird feeling of cognitive dissonance regarding mods.

On the one hand, I love how much work modders put into a game and how that fills the game with content that is compelling beyond the original "vanilla" game. Some of it changes the way you play, which can add untold hours to your game time.

On the other hand, the amount of influence I exert over a game, the more I feel less compelled to finish it.

Let me describe an example. So let's say I add a spell to one of the stores in Skyrim. Now, I buy the spell and discover that it kills virtually any enemy in the game with little effort on my part. Now, I can choose not to use the spell. I can remove it from the game. I can keep it and just enjoy the game knowing that I've sucked all the challenge out. However, all of these choices lead me to the inevitable conclusion that there is something that dulls every enemy encounter in the game. Every time I run from a powerful enemy, I'll ask myself if I should be using that spell, and that conflict concerning my influence rears its ugly head again.

This happens to me, too! To avoid it, I try to only install mods that don't affect a game's corse gamplay. Lots of cool visual mods and add ons, but no unbalanced combat type stuff.

Mono

That feel when I get a booster pack.

That feel when it's for FTL, a game that has cards going for $.08 or so.

Yeah, I've gotten two or three booster packs since the card thing started and they've all been for games with $.08 cards as well. Steam hates us! :X Not that I'm complaining about boosters, though!

Sober

She just performed at Madison Square Gardens. I think she has another show there tonight.
Yeah I live in Canada so I would have to fly down to see one of her shows.

Oh except I missed it when she did her solo tour and was in Toronto (the first one too, lol) last summer.

Kiru

<3 Thank you :D keep talking to me and I surely will! I just realized you haven't been on Steam in a day! it's been far too long. come back!

--------------

"I used to be an adventurer like you, until I took a car to the knee." - Shadownet
lol. Sorry don't have time for steam. Still have to study for a few exams. Stupid uni. :(

Mono

Tomorrow is the last Quakecon daily deal, right? Hoping to get Skyrim DLCs for at least 66% off :/

It should be the last day of the sale! That would be really nice; the Skyrim DLC never gets discounted. :/ I'm hoping for Oblivion to get a pretty deep cut!

Kayant

Some bundle stuff would be 5 but my slippery hands :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kayant:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kayant, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-62C40BE9B0E9E875 - Taken by BinaryPork2737
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-A12BF0C11217FF86 - Taken by Natty1
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-11FAD0D88A2A3F50 - Taken by Diedac
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-01CB3635E4C99735 - Taken by hitoshi

-MD-

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (-MD-, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fallout: New Vegas -- MB-27B27EC4642C6102 - Taken by DarkMehm. 1 entrants total.

t1405847286z1.png

Please don't enter if you're just gonna backlog it.

I don't have a lot of money and I want it to count ;p

redlacs

Originally Posted by ModBot

header_292x136.jpg

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-AAFAACD355CC58BE - Taken by Perun. 1 entrants total.

few days old, not claimed. maybe it will have better luck in new thread

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't know how to point ModBot at a new thread, so it's possible a few things won't work until that happens (probably lurker checks and anonymous giveaways).

ModBot's attached to this thread as of 20 minutes ago.

Shadownet

Banned
i like you

Funny thing was during the last thread I was thinking. I remember seeing a gafer with her as his avatar in SteamGAF. I wonder if he would show up again, cause i'd love to say hi :D he got great taste in music and woman. She is B-E-A-UTIFUL!

lol. Sorry don't have time for steam. Still have to study for a few exams. Stupid uni. :(

whenever you do find time to get on :) Pm me on Steam! we need to catch up!! Best of luck on your exams Kiru! :D

-MD-

You guys think it's about time to jump into Divinity? Have the major issues/problems been patched?

I started my playthrough a couple days ago and haven't encountered anything that would prevent someone from playing it.

It's really good, I'm playing it right now actually.

Mono

Skyrim Legendary Edition for Steam is $13.59 on Amazon right now! I think it's gotten down to $10 during Steam sales, though, if you want to wait.

JaseC

Hope they make it all back, thats a lot of money.

It will, if it hasn't already. The game was "approaching profitability" at 160k sold as at the beginning of the month.

Skyrim Legendary Edition for Steam is $13.59 on Amazon right now! I think it's gotten down to $10 during Steam sales, though, if you want to wait.

$13.59 is Steam's all-time lowest, too, excluding the "grey market".

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I've yet to get one since I'm still pretty low leveled. I got my first foil yesterday though from Ballpoint Universe. :D

The foil badge for that game actually looks sort of cool.

bd20216b0a24d2cae8d2bd3936a7f76894850b2d.png

It's too bad it's just a recolor of the other level badges. Booster pack drops do get better odds when you reach higher levels. Well, unless you're Turfster :p

Yeah, I've gotten two or three booster packs since the card thing started and they've all been for games with $.08 cards as well. Steam hates us! :X Not that I'm complaining about boosters, though!

If more people would craft Agarest Zero badges, maybe everyone that owns that game would get more booster pack drops. It's the equivalent of a retirement fund for card money if you can get a foil drop.

That feel when you see, 1 new inventory item and it's just a voucher to a game destined to be bundle trash.

I know that feel :/

I remember seeing a pop up for a new inventory item before I got my first booster, going into my inventory to see what it was, and discovering it was a coupon for Pixel Piracy that had less of a discount than it was on sale for at the time, and it couldn't stack. I was really disappointed that day.

Someone explain to me the thread title!

Sub-Zero won his own giveaway of the Quakecon bundle, which had 100+ entrants.

I've been playing Valiant Hearts for the last few days, I'll play an hour or so a night, I just really like hunting for all the collectibles (Even though most of them are super easy to find) and love reading all the historical facts. I LOVE when games do this type of stuff. I've learned a ton from that game already.

Anyone else have an experience like that with this game? Or even if you know any other games that actually teach you as you play?

Mono

I have 2gb left on my hardrive. Would it be a terrible idea or would it even work to move my Steam games to an external drive?

-MD-

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fallout 3 -- MB-A2F59B519511B66D - Taken by redlacs. 3 entrants total.
Fallout: New Vegas -- MB-C76DC5C359357FF2 - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 1 entrants total.

t1405848186z1.png

Last one, back to Divinity =)

Shadownet

Banned
I have 2gb left on my hardrive. Would it be a terrible idea or would it even work to move my Steam games to an external drive?

OMG! you need to get on tomorrow so we can talk some more :D I got some more awesome music videos to show you!

JaseC

It'd work just fine. The simplest solution would be to just move your entire steamapps folder to the external drive and place a symbolic link to it in the root of the Steam folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom