• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono

Has anyone played The Plan? I just finished it, and maybe I'm too sleepy to comprehend what just happened.

Mainly, why was there a text field as the ending? I just typed in "what" and pressed enter. I'm SO CONFUSED. So art.

Ozium

wtf I just won killing floor even though I entered after the raffle was done and it says 3 entrants total... ?!? 2 ppl must have been throttled.

woot!

Copons

The Wolf Among Us the GOAT. What now son?

That's the worst opinion I've ever heard and I challenge you to a duel at sunrise.

*glove slap

I'm with you!

I'll hold him while you hit him or I dunno carve some holes on his chest (better not tho, that usually ends badly).
I don't know what a shadownet is, but he should still be all confused and weak for the accident, so hell, we should be able to do just fine. :p

Don't eat. Don't sleep. Don't play any games. There are giveaways to be won!

FFS, D:OS may be GOAT but god knows how many giveaways it made me miss.
I DEMAND A SCRIPT THAT SEND ME A WHATSAPP MESSAGE EVERY TIME SOMEONE
like, dupy mostly
POSTS A GIVEAWAY, ESPECIALLY IF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, k thx

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Skyrim: Dawngaurd is $10 at Gamespot. Problem is that they won't sell to any address outside the US and I'm in Australia. Any tips on how to circumvent it?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone played The Plan? I just finished it, and maybe I'm too sleepy to comprehend what just happened.

Mainly, why was there a text field as the ending? I just typed in "what" and pressed enter. I'm SO CONFUSED. So art.

Hint: Hey, you should probably listen for a certain secret achievement :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Skyrim: Dawngaurd is $10 at Gamespot. Problem is that they won't sell to any address outside the US and I'm in Australia. Any tips on how to circumvent it?

thats just 50% which steam always does and will do later today

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hopefully someone can help out here:
Are there any PC versions of Contra and Castlevania games? Keep in mind that I'm talking about the 80s and 90s games.

It's slim pickings as far as official PC releases are concerned.

Contra series
Contra: MS-DOS
Super Contra: Windows

Castlevania series
Castlevania: Windows
Castlevania 2: Windows

MTE

I showed my brother, today, how trading cards work and that you can get actual money for them. I think I've saved him/ruined his life.
And with family sharing, cards for everyone!

Has there been any hype in this thread about Crypt of the Necrodancer, which comes out (as EA) in 10 days? Because whatever amount there has been so far, there should be a lot more.

Store page:

Early access release trailer

It's a weird (and genius) mixture of rhythm game and roguelike and what I've seen from the alpha from various streams looks amazing. I think i's going to be a day 1 purchase for me.

Shadownet

Banned

Ozium

Has there been any hype in this thread about Crypt of the Necrodancer, which comes out (as ES) in 10 days? Because whatever amount there has been so far, there should be a lot more.

It's a weird (and genius) mixture of rhythm game and roguelike and what I've seen from the alpha from various streams looks amazing. I think i's going to be a day 1 purchase for me.

that looks pretty cool.. wishlisted!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I showed my brother, today, how trading cards work and that you can get actual money for them. I think I've saved him/ruined his life.
And with family sharing, cards for everyone!

Games played via Family Sharing don't drop cards.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Has there been any hype in this thread about Crypt of the Necrodancer, which comes out (as ES) in 10 days? Because whatever amount there has been so far, there should be a lot more.

Store page:

one of the worrying amount of games I want day 1, along with Halfway and Darkwood.

one of the worrying amount of games I want day 1, along with Halfway and Darkwood.

Darkwood looks a bit rough, but Halfway went right on my wishlist

Buying from Gamestop from outside US is pretty much impossible. The Skyrim Legendary is $14 on amazon.com though.

Copons

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
wow, games like this usually don't have a good sense for how to use colors. respect.

FtHTiny

Done with my first playthrough of Killer is Dead.
Game certainly is unique in wierdness but overall it´s a good game. I think i will play it on very hard soon.

Shadownet

Banned
Hmm, never heard of Sara Bareilles before.

Steamgaf has totally become waifu gaf now xD

I'm calling it. My waifu.
Elizabeth_Olsen.jpg

WELL DAMN, I say!
Just remember that the game you gifted me was Broforce, and let me say this: any single bro (except Macgyver, I hate his dynamite attacks) could easly take down any secret-conspiracy-theory-goverment-agency even before the first coffee of the morning.

Yeah MacGyver dynamite attacks is a bit tricky to use, but its pretty rewarding once you get the hang of it lol. Neo got the one of the best super move ever. he slowed time down!

Divius

I've never played a Fallout game. Which one do I want, 3 or New Vegas?

I'm leaning towards the latter based on what little I know.

Ozium

New Vegas. Better freedom, more choices (actual choices,) better writing.

Better everything. Based obsidian

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Do you plan on playing both? 3 would be a better game to start with then, because NV is mostly better, so going back to 3 afterwords might make it seem worse than it is.

MayMay

Banned

Play 3 first. NV is the better game, but 3 isnt bad at all. Going from 3 to NV will feel nice, going from NV to 3 will feel kinda shite.

I have 2gb left on my hardrive. Would it be a terrible idea or would it even work to move my Steam games to an external drive?

I was gonna do exactly the same - i was aiming for a 7200rpm external - will there be a noticeable difference between that and a 5400rpm external? I have 7200 in my laptop at the moment

derExperte

Both. Start with 3, which some people like me prefer but others think is the worst thing ever since gaming was invented. If you like it play it. If not go to NV.

yuraya

Go with New Vegas. But whichever you do decide to get make sure to visit the nexus site to check out the mods for the games.

wow, games like this usually don't have a good sense for how to use colors. respect.
image.php

Yeah it looks really nice. I'm not sure what the purpose of the changing floor panels is or if I like it, but everything else looks very well thought out.

Tellaerin

Going to quote myself from the previous thread re FO3 vs NV:

I felt NV's overall tone was really different from FO3's. FO3 is a really moody, atmospheric game. I spent a lot of my time wandering through the ruins of the old world, reading computer logs and exploring abandoned installations, uncovering scraps of the past. It was a melancholy, desolate world, and exploring it felt really rewarding to me. There's not nearly as much of that in NV - a lot of the focus there is on the here-and-now, dealing with the politics of the world that's sprung up in the aftermath of the apocalypse. (The NV DLC's recapture a little of that magic, which I think is part of the reason I enjoyed them more than the main quest line.) Personally, I also found the obligatory Obsidian moral ambiguity a little labored in spots (there were a couple of points where I felt like player choices had negative repercussions for no better reason than to meet a quota :p ), but that's really a matter of personal taste.

Overall, NV's a good game (much moreso with the DLC) with some strong writing, particularly when it comes to the PC's companions (companions play a far bigger part- the game feels like it was balanced around you running around with a partner rather than going solo, and there's more involved interaction with them). I still feel like FO3 edges it out as an experience, but it really comes down to what you enjoy in your RPGs. Honestly, I'd like to see a true collaboration between Obsidian and Bethesda one of these days, with Bethesda handling environments and world design and Obsidian on characters and dialogue. That'd be the best of both worlds for me.

Divius

Thanks for the replies guys, that got more feedback than I expected :p

Am only planning on playing one (I think) soooo

GRWVvov.png

Go with New Vegas. But whichever you do decide to get make sure to visit the nexus site to check out the mods for the games.
Any must-haves?

Copons

Yeah MacGyver dynamite attacks is a bit tricky to use, but its pretty rewarding once you get the hang of it lol. Neo got the one of the best super move ever. he slowed time down!

Yeah, Neo is great but there are just too many circumstances where melee bros come short.
All in all I guess my favorite is Snake Broskin with his extra-piercing shotgun, or whatever-he's-called Ash from Evil Dead, because chainsaws.

AHA-Lambda

May be an unpopular opinion here on gaf, but I'd say 3 is better, at least to start with anyway. New Vegas may have better questing and such, but I foudn the world less interesting than 3.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah, Neo is great but there are just too many circumstances where melee bros come short.
All in all I guess my favorite is Snake Broskin with his extra-piercing shotgun, or whatever-he's-called Ash from Evil Dead, because chainsaws.

You mean Snake Broskin with his sniper rifle? XD lol i know. that shit shoot so far! one shot pretty much kill any enemy!

Tizoc

Store page:

My interest faded when I read rogue-like, though to be fair I have yet to play any rogue-like games (Rogue Legacy could be my first on Vita).

Dust it lest it end up like some of the dusty horror stories.

Yes, but not on Steam.

Well damn I didn't know this, heck I doubt even the Metal Gear Company knows of its existence.

It's slim pickings as far as official PC releases are concerned.

Contra series
Contra: MS-DOS
Super Contra: Windows

Castlevania series
Castlevania: Windows
Castlevania 2: Windows

Interesting, but if these games are good ports, I'd love for them to be released on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom