• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

A bit OT, but how the hell do you control the character in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light?
I want to control Lara with the controller but I can only aim with the mouse!
Is there any way so I can aim with the controller?

Going from 3 to NV will feel nice, going from NV to 3 will feel kinda shite.

I'm just about finishing New Vegas GOTY
just need to see the Yes man ending since I gather it's the best one and play all DLC missions
and purchased Fallout3 GOTY during last sales, now I hope I could put up with it.

Fallout 3 is still a pretty fun game, just don't think the writing or quest design are as good as New Vegas. Still, killing Three Dog and having the mission adjust and the in-game radio station change when I first played it really blew me away.

She's probably only 10 or 11 years old dude...
She is over a thousand years old but thanks for the rude assumption.

My interest faded when I read rogue-like, though to be fair I have yet to play any rogue-like games (Rogue Legacy could be my first on Vita).

Rogue Legacy is pretty much the least "rogue-like" roguelike I can think of, so don't let that be your only impression of the genre. You should try Binding of Isaac or FTL.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Lol at all the real women, thread needs more true waifus

comic296_zps6463473c.png

Besides, that's not even the best waifu from Awakening.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fallout 3 is still a pretty fun game, just don't think the writing or quest design are as good as New Vegas. Still, killing Three Dog and having the mission adjust and the in-game radio station change when I first played it really blew me away.

I lost interesting in Fo3 when I happened upon some cockroaches early into the game and they all took 2-3 shots to kill. (I mean, I know it's more an RPG than an FPS, but still, they're cockroaches.) I should probably give it another chance. ;)

I'm calling it. My waifu.
Elizabeth_Olsen.jpg

Elizabeth Olsen is great. I of course would have preferred the cookie to crumble the other way, but I'm glad she was the one to beat out Saoirse for the role of Scarlet Witch.

yuraya

Thanks for the replies guys, that got more feedback than I expected :p

Am only planning on playing one (I think) soooo

GRWVvov.png

Any must-haves?

MTUI for convenience is a must have. Also the hd texture packs and weather mod. there is alot of good stuff there. Also check out this thread. its very helpful.

Hopefully someone can help out here:
Are there any PC versions of Contra and Castlevania games? Keep in mind that I'm talking about the 80s and 90s games.

Many years ago (back when they still had a Hawaii studio), Konami released the Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania and Contra Collection. It was basically the (slightly-altered) NES roms running in an emulator. It included Castlevania I-II-III, Contra, and Super C, along with Jackal hidden in the EXE, accessible with Cheat Engine.

I remember seeing it in a Toys R Us a long time ago.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I kept a save for right before you push the button for whenever I feel mass murdery
And that annoying chick still survives. Wished it had more of an impact.
I lost interesting in Fo3 when I happened upon some cockroaches early into the game and they all took 2-3 shots to kill. (I mean, I know it's more an RPG than an FPS, but still, they're cockroaches.) I should probably give it another chance. ;)
Oh come on, quitter boy.

Volimar

Elizabeth Olsen is great. I of course would have preferred the cookie to crumble the other way, but I'm glad she was the one to beat out Saoirse for the role of Scarlet Witch.

Both of those actresses seem like a weird choice for that role.

Shadownet

Banned
Besides, that's not even the best waifu from Awakening.

BinaryPork knows whats up!
request-five.gif

Seriously I was so surprised to find out she beat Saoirse to the role. But in that situation it was a win/win for me either way. They're both gorgeous and amazing.

JaseC <3 we have so much in commons.

Dr Dogg

Well long and short of it after 10 hours and 3 characters of research, Destiny is Borderlands. Not just it theme, most of the story missions play out the same (go to point and get respawing vehicle, go to objective and press a button, get to objective marker and fight off wave after wave of enemies). Yeah their might be a glimmer of potential there (more over end game when things might go WoW, Diablo style) but right now I doubt you can seriously call this a 'Gamechanger'. Waaaaay to early to tell but on this evidence not worth buying a new console for. In fact it looks alright on my PS3 bar hiccuping and fame hitching every now and then. I don't know how I'd feel about a belated PC release.

Hopefully someone can help out here:
Are there any PC versions of Contra and Castlevania games? Keep in mind that I'm talking about the 80s and 90s games.

I believe what you're looking for is this.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JU2VYY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The first Castlevania was on just about anything at the time, I seem to recall someone at school having it on their Commodore 64. Sadly us Speccy peasants weren't so lucky but we had the yellow and purple triply version of Ghouls and Ghosts so it was all gravy.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Many years ago (back when they still had a Hawaii studio), Konami released the Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania and Contra Collection. It was basically the (slightly-altered) NES roms running in an emulator. It included Castlevania I-II-III, Contra, and Super C, along with Jackal hidden in the EXE, accessible with Cheat Engine.

I remember seeing it in a Toys R Us a long time ago.

I actually used to have a copy of that when I was younger, no idea what happened to it. It would easily be a day one purchase if it came to Steam.

Then why's she dressed like a prostitute/stripper?

whatsthematterbrother.jpg

BinaryPork knows whats up!

JaseC

Both of those actresses seem like a weird choice for that role.

Admittedly I'm not at all familiar with the character, but when the Saoirse rumours began flying around, by far the most common complaint was that she didn't have the physique, which I assume is true -- she is, more or less (to quote respected concierge Gustave H.), "flat as a board". But I couldn't care less about that.

Maybe I'll just wear this for a day or two. <3

I said that once... three years ago.

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit of divinity with atraveller and it's a weird thing, it's a funny experience and i think with voicechat and some coordination it can be actually pretty cool

like, i can't imagine playing 50 hours in coop of pretty much anything but i think i would really enjoy short coop-oriented campaigns of this. like just grab risky boots and colin the cleric and take them on adventures. or like my characters and somebody else's characters. etc.

game seems pretty cool, i like the light hearted nature of it, reminds me of the king's bounty games.

i'm probably not gonna play it anymore until i'm done with dark souls dlc tho

Thanks for the replies guys, that got more feedback than I expected :p

Am only planning on playing one (I think) soooo

GRWVvov.png

Any must-haves?
you chose wisely

i'd say there's few must haves but a lot of nice-to-haves

as absolute musts there's mtui (better hud), project nevada (at least the bugfixing part), new vegas redesigned (less derpy faces) and nevada skies (better color/atmosphere/weather effects... tho i only like the vanilla version of this one)

i'd also install every mod that says restored in it as they're mostly pretty good (specially new vegas restoration and freeside restoration) and electro city, tho the latter one isn't too necessary

oh and try and find the "weaker boone" mod or something like that. it nerfs boone a bit making the rest of the cast a bit more tempting to take with you, which is great, cos boone is op as fuck

Shadownet

Banned
Admittedly I'm not at all familiar with the character, but when the Saoirse rumours began flying around, by far the most common complaint was that she didn't have the physique, which I assume is true -- she is, more or less (to quote respected concierge Gustave H.), "flat as a board".

I said that once... three years ago.

As a huge comic book fan its extremely hard to cast real human as characters if you go by what their actual body look like. If that was the case Elizabeth and Saoirse would have to look like bombshell to be able to look like Scarlet Witch.

Actually the only one who look remotely like what the comic book physique of their character was Chris Evan in the first Captain America movie. Man he was ridiculously buffed. Thanks god they toned him down quite a bit.

I wouldn't mind seeing Elizabeth Olsen face everyday on my posts.. Soooo ^-^

wilflare

A bit OT, but how the hell do you control the character in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light?
I want to control Lara with the controller but I can only aim with the mouse!
Is there any way so I can aim with the controller?

iirc you need to use the two thumbsticks. left stick for movement. right stick for aim. (if doesn't work, you may need to hold the attack button + right stick)

zkylon

zkylewd
btw the idea of loading my quicksave and somehow retaining my coop partner is mindblowing to me for some reason

JaseC

Finally got a new SSD for my OS. Now I can use my old 128gb ssd for some games :D

I have one spare drive bay remaining in my case and it's specifically for SSDs, so I'll be keeping my 60GB around and using it store whatever I'm currently playing (if anything at all). Said SSD is a Vertex 2, so it's rather dated as far as SSDs are concerned, but nonetheless it'll be a lot quicker than a 7200rpm HDD.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well see I just can't
5ee617d9_2whdlys.gif
to that.

I'm not really a fan of loli characters myself, but she's basically in there to cater to a creepy niche. There's even support conversations where she complains about being child like to another character of her species.

zkylon

zkylewd
icky late night steamgaf is the best anyways

it's the only one i really browse since people don't post as fast plus i have imsomnia

btw whoever came up with the turn into a rock/bush/barrel thing is a genius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom