• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double

I left it over night and had those last 3 lines repeat the entire night. Thoughts?
Maybe it's that one game that takes ages to drop cards again. iDLEM@STER has already found his arch nemesis.

My world is a lie.
Glad your modbot issues are sorted though.
The cake was only the beginning! Ya, thanks =) time to get real in here!

oh, they had, not much, but had at the start, basically all cards that I checked, the problem was that all thing just blown up in later days, when people stopped believing in winning that blasted metagame (><)
To be fair, this situation not necessary will be repeated at winter sale at all, we don't know how it will be handled.
Hm yeah, you're right. Guess some wait and a good enough timing could make some nice difference in the bank. We'll see if I can hold out for so long :> on the other hand, who needs steam money anyways until there's a sale.

@Indigo Prophecy, may try out the demo then

Grief.exe

Damn, outside of the "Minecraft" graphics (and Rust's "LOL NAKED" start), Unturned is basically what I want(ed, still do) DayZ to be: Singleplayer, "walking-sim"/survival. With the option to host your own servers AND make them PvP or PvE. Funny that a 16-year-old can nail what I want, but Bohemia takes 2+ years with a mod and can't get that, double so when there's elements of that (given it's on the Arma 2 engine!) being completely possible. Give me the Cherno map with random zombie spawns if needed, fix the zombie AI and boom... you'd have my ideal DayZ, DayZ... :/

Now if the zombie AI can be tweaked to where they don't chase you for miles (I get that it's "realistic" in terms of zombies having more endurance than you, but damn... if I'm in inventory, I shouldn't have to haul ass for miles to fumble through inventory on an elevated platform) or notice you despite their back being turned and may get off the "Minecraft" graphics which makes it hard to identify zombies/items at a distance at times, I think Unturned could possibly be a contender. Dude seems to be listening to his community, which is great.

It seems like you want a product Bohemia is neither motivated or ever promised to deliver.

Double

Besides the +12 and cards, blink bundle worth it for 4.99? Ya I know you can't really count the cards out. Idlemaster needs his offerings.
But gamewise?

btw a TiuTis wants to add me on Steam. You from Neogaf, mate? There doesn't seem to be a way to talk to him without adding, eh?

I don't think I ever had a less successful giveaway lol. All of these spares from Blink are still available:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (YianGaruga, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ring Runner -- MB-7E5A7D50C3A37BD2 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
LOVE -- MB-CD510E5A726973A1 - Taken by Vazduh. 3 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-393FFC9DC1ADD509 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 3 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-8CBF9120C411BDC2 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Go Home Dinosaurs -- MB-F9EF82FCED5400A2 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Retro Grade -- MB-3BA851FC40328BE1 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Not The Robots -- MB-B58F4952B38CD9C5 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Canyon Capers -- MB-C9B14566EDADD019 - Taken by swx. 1 entrants total.

Grief.exe

Tired of waiting for Fahrenheit to come to Steam.

I sent a tweet to the head of the studio about bringing the game to Steam. He responded that the game was available on gog and that was that.

the steam registry? but I dont know how to work that voodoo

Likely won't show far enough back in time.

Oh boy, new Nvidia drivers. Why they need Steam to be closed to install, I'll never know.

Edit: cool, these ones didn't remove my downsampling resolution like the last batch.

Always choose the clean install option when installing your drivers.

You can either backup your downsampling resolution, or enter it again after you are finished.

So. Will there be another July thread? :)

No

MUnited83

For you.
idle master question (I pm'd jshacks...but figured I'd see here as well). It doesn't seem to launch a 2nd game.

When the first game has no more drops, I see the following :

I left it over night and had those last 3 lines repeat the entire night. Thoughts?

Same here.

Besides the +12 and cards, blink bundle worth it for 4.99? Ya I know you can't really count the cards out. Idlemaster needs his offerings.
But gamewise?
Well worth it for Whispering Willows, quite a nice game and very very recent!

_hekk05

Banned
I just found a Sakura Spirits speedrun
NSFW obviously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRFfYqDWLR4

I got this from the video

nchhyw.gif

Caerith

idle master question (I pm'd jshacks...but figured I'd see here as well). It doesn't seem to launch a 2nd game.

When the first game has no more drops, I see the following :

Some games (Blade Symphony, I think?) have terrible drop rates, so you'll be stuck seeing that over and over. The script does have a built-in insanity check that should skip a game after 50 cycles, or 12.5 hours.

I don't have any of those games, so my progress has been pretty decent so far.

(If you have/know Python, maybe add "if k == YY: stillHaveDrops=0" in the loop to move along to a better game?)

Usually you can check his groups. If he belongs to one of the many neogaf groups, its a safe bet

Once time a real girl added me on Steam, real talk.
She wanted to know how I was taking screenshots, and posting them in community, on a game where F12 isn't working

_hekk05

Banned
She wanted to know how I was taking screenshots, and posting them in community, on a game where F12 isn't working

lol. Once a real girl added me on steam too. She also invited me to this almost exclusively female group of her friends. Apparently she's taiwanese

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Love -- MB-BC0030F4BBB31E46 - Taken by Capt.Haddock
CT Forces: Fire for Effect -- MB-D28D08DA10824C84 - Taken by drakaenae
Fate -- MB-CFE390121C4199DD - Taken by Cosmic Schwung
Circuits -- MB-39DF9DE353115ECD - Taken by fernandes
Secret of the Magic Crystals -- MB-AF668EFDA4AF1DDA - Taken by Tektonic
Chip -- MB-3DD8CCC558C0DF17 - Taken by Mikaju
Total War: Rome II: Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-F4940ABB2F338344
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-F46580FE07839773 - Taken by Asharakk
Go Home Dinosaurs! -- MB-73168560F7863675 - Taken by anastef
Company of Heroes 2 DLC x4: Company of Heroes 2 DLC x4 -- MB-BD513A9822C79B4C - Taken by Driw3r
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-0BA8B79327F7666E - Taken by Cozmogramma
Canyon Capers Plus DLC -- MB-61F167F5B2B45026 - Taken by dinopoke
Not the Robots -- MB-278271898EF3BEBC - Taken by danhese007
Retro/Grade -- MB-4380CBE2A1D625CE - Taken by Ben652

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold (Steam) -- MB-8C26527259B6E40C - Taken by L.O.R.D. 2 entrants total.
The Howler (Steam) -- MB-2CF13EDC476DA0D6 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 2 entrants total.
X-Com: Enemy Unknown/UFO Defense (Steam) -- MB-967EAF3F998C7257 - Taken by kulapik. 3 entrants total.
Rogue's (not rouge) Tale (Steam) -- MB-B5914DCC8DC5A388
X-Com: Interceptor (Steam) -- MB-529227E49E86A2ED - Taken by Double
Samaritan Paradox (Steam) -- MB-970948C2DF0A68AC - Taken by redlacs. 3 entrants total.
The Last Remnant (Steam) -- MB-3DE68100DBADA291 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 12 entrants total.
X-Com: Apocalypse (Steam) -- MB-B2B84C072F18EC09 - Taken by nightstorm
X-Com: Enforcer (Steam) -- MB-EE129D72D685D978 - Taken by nightstorm
ulgzbKC.png
Chester (Desura) -- MB-309F01E9F0A6926A - Taken by GaussTek
99 Levels to Hell (Steam) -- MB-B97E7DA84C889C81 - Taken by Pakkidis. 1 entrants total.
X-Com: Terror From The Deep (Steam) -- MB-65A68DCAD3CD8935 - Taken by Servizio. 1 entrants total.
Shadows of the Vatican (Steam) -- MB-0B8C1CA0EAE1B5D0 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 2 entrants total.
Quest Run (Steam) -- MB-E8A194FFEC3A5AA3

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Thief Gold (Steam) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406724618z1.png

F-Pina

No. With August being less than two days away it makes more sense to just continue with this one for a little while longer.

So, no more copies to give away of Murder in the Hotel Lisbon then.
I promised to offer 4 more in case we got to the 4th July thread :D

Usually you can check his groups. If he belongs to one of the many neogaf groups, its a safe bet

A random Russian dude added me a while ago , we didn't have any groups or friends in common, I was all excited for my first scammer. Turned out to be a perfectly normal person, I was slightly disappointed. :p

Ban Puncher

So cloning HDDs sucks, I can't access any of my videos, music or games because they're all on those drives and I can't stream anything because my internet is Australian.

I'm having a wonderful time.

MUnited83

For you.
Some games (Blade Symphony, I think?) have terrible drop rates, so you'll be stuck seeing that over and over. The script does have a built-in insanity check that should skip a game after 50 cycles, or 12.5 hours.

(If you have/know Python, maybe add "if k == YY: stillHaveDrops=0" in the loop to move along to a better game?)

That's not the issue here. A game is launched. All drops are done. The program does not start idling another game after that.

_hekk05

Banned
So cloning HDDs sucks, I can't access any of my videos, music or games because they're all on those drives and I can't stream anything because my internet is Australian.

Why don't you go outside and make friends with the snakes and the kangaroos and the crocodiles?

Also you totally should have copied a season of anime or something to your phone so you won't be this bored.

Tektonic

well you could stream something, but you'd have to use a vpn - the terrorists law

(p.s. where abouts? i'm in melbourne)

Ban Puncher

Why don't you go outside and make friends with the snakes and the kangaroos and the crocodiles?

Also you totally should have copied a season of anime or something to your phone so you won't be this bored.

You don't make friends with the wildlife, you command the wildlife. You have to assert your dominance over them early or you'll be eaten in your sleep when your guard is down.

well you could stream something, but you'd have to use a vpn - the terrorists law

(p.s. where abouts? i'm in melbourne)

I can't stream anything, even goddamn YouTube. It's like the middle ages here.

I just thought about reading a book and am now thoroughly disgusted with myself.

You're not alone.

good to know. Thanks

Maybe it's that one game that takes ages to drop cards again. iDLEM@STER has already found his arch nemesis.

But it isn't actually running (idling..) the game, it gets stuck in the Sleeping for 15 minutes loop and there isn't anything saying I'm in game. Same situation occurred with two separate games.

Probably just a bug.

60k posts within a month? That's a pretty solid effort.

I think that's debatable. It is the first post-sales month so some of it can be explained. The first thread was blown through in 3 days. I imagine August will have 1-2 threads.

Fox318

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fox318, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pajama Sam In No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-688ECD4C57D5041E - Taken by Myshkin. 3 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-E2B631F72693A8BE - Taken by Interfectum. 9 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-8A407E6D05C6E9D1 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 15 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-5227ED1E446B651B - Taken by ev0. 37 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 1 The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds -- MB-61796358A78F3A36 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-16A4B9C4BFF8791E - Taken by Pop. 17 entrants total.
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-40B7D5DF51C9B4BA - Taken by Teppic. 9 entrants total.
Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition -- MB-CAEE0A7231DBA51B - Taken by Tesseract. 27 entrants total.
Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal" -- MB-17AE2A710411E470 - Taken by YianGaruga. 6 entrants total.
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-82219FA6041A56B7 - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon -- MB-BE3BA9C20F6B5080 - Taken by Dutch Patriot. 7 entrants total.
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin -- MB-B3B60076D6DA41E0 - Taken by ChimpanzeeThat. 3 entrants total.
Hitman Codename 47 -- MB-70F5CF57E07D9D86 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 3 entrants total.
Aura Fate of the Ages -- MB-E879F2DC446D51D5 - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-0627B8372F0D5952 - Taken by salazar547. 5 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 2 The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-A8B778316BF53919 - Taken by diablogod. 7 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-92FF4A7037A3B7C6 - Taken by Whelan. 8 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-345F30D9C6DDBBC5 - Taken by MSMrRound. 16 entrants total.

Hitman Blood Money -- MB-23517456BEB8D4EC - Taken by SaveFerris. 18 entrants total.

t1406745596z1.png

They should all work. If they don't I'm sorry.

Double

So, no more copies to give away of Murder in the Hotel Lisbon then.
I promised to offer 4 more in case we got to the 4th July thread :D
Wait, what is happening here. I think this thread is getting extorted.
And should give in.

Okay, turns out he's... NOT. Activate emergency safety protocol, omg. How has he found me?

Well worth it for Whispering Willows, quite a nice game and very very recent!
But my backlog :(

Another question for science, when's the time most of SteamGAF is up and running?

servers were still fucked when I left for work, I wouldnt bother trying again until tomorow really. And yes characters are 2d, environment 3d. Also I forgot how fucking FAST you walk in that game lol.

I've just played it for one hour and half and everything was quite smooth overall, and I must say I've enjoyed it very much, i recommend evryone to give it a try.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

lol. Once a real girl added me on steam too. She also invited me to this almost exclusively female group of her friends. Apparently she's taiwanese

....is this some meta joke or meme I am not getting?

But my backlog :(

Another question for science, when's the time most of SteamGAF is up and running?

NeoGAF is primarily a US and UK site. So the hours when they are awake are the most active for the site and the Steam thread. Some regulars in the Steam thread post during off hours at a higher rate than the general site traffic, but they are outliers.

Double

All the time.
Only because YOU aren't sleeping ever :p

I mean like now is still pretty early for murica-gafs, no? God I have no idea about time zones and never heard of google before.

edit: lol didn't see these other answes, gonna check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom