• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endruen

That gif is an insult to Disney. Repent, heathen!

giphy.gif

Wok

Anyone having Steam Cloud / screenshot upload issues right now?

I cannot upload the screenshots for the demo of So Many Me.

By the way, these are games with demos which kind of sell me on the games:

So Many Me: half-puzzle-platformer, half-Lemmings, with cute characters, and interesting spells (transform into a stone, into a trampoline, into a T-Rex, etc.).

System Crash
: a solo collectible card game with simple mechanics (I need to play more to see if it is not too shallow), and devs have poured some work into creating a hacking/sci-fi scenario for their card game.

Aritana and the Harpy's Feather: an old-school 2D platformer with funny controls mostly based on the two analog sticks. Similar to what I remember of Pandemonium.

Real talk, Disney Infinity has been consuming my gaming life for at least the past week. I can tell if that I had dropped a dime on this series before the Gold Editions came out, I would've bought every single figure and playset.

Hell, the 3.0 Gold Edition is missing a few figures and playsets...

One-more-fucking-hit-Trainspotting.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
steam not letting me upload my screenshots makes me upset

i'm never gonna remember all these witty comments next time i try to upload them

Real talk, Disney Infinity has been consuming my gaming life for at least the past week. I can tell if that I had dropped a dime on this series before the Gold Editions came out, I would've bought every single figure and playset.

Hell, the 3.0 Gold Edition is missing a few figures and playsets...

One-more-fucking-hit-Trainspotting.gif

I was really sad that Marvel Battlegrounds wasn't included in 3.0 Gold.

I feel left out, the only games I can play for huge stretches of time are multiplayer (and even then, only like 2 hours at a time). Even as a kid I couldn't sit with a game for more than a few hours.

Well, maybe there's a bit exaggeration there. I did take a break once in a while, but 90% of the time I'm slouching on the sofa playing the game.

O8TQDJH.gif

Meanwhile @ Disney.

My interest for Kingdom Hearts just raised a little. Just a little.

Not going to lie. Toy Story was never really a deal to me.

Disney was never really a deal to me. Last three Disney movies I've seen, not including Marvel and Star Wars:

Up
Fantasia 2000
Who Framed Roger Rabbit if that counts, The Great Mouse Detective otherwise.

So while I might be vaguely aware of the source materials, I'd probably go through all the KH games failing to pick up on the references.

zkylon

zkylewd
D7FNxjZ.png

enjoy my character's face being as uninterested with what's going on as me haha

game's still "fun" but man these cutscenes are clunky and awkward as shit

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do indirect kills count as a kill in Dishonored? I'm playing Brigmore Witches and I want to open up the cells but not if the kills made by the prisoners count.

I spent hours trying to ghost + mercy the High Overseer Campbell assassination mission as I initially didn't realise opening the wolfhound cages and (unknowingly) letting them make a meal of the guard was counting as a kill. At no point does the game say that indirect lethal actions count against you.

MUnited83

For you.
I spent hours trying to ghost + mercy the High Overseer Campbell assassination mission as I initially didn't realise opening the wolfhound cages and (unknowingly) letting them make a meal of the guard was counting as a kill. At no point does the game say that indirect lethal actions count against you.

Turns out kill made by the AI don't count after all. I guess it makes some sense since Brigmore Witches has a bunch of factions that kill each other while you stealth through in some sections.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nothing like subduing a guard and gently placing them in a quiet corner only to come back and find rats eating them alive.

Haha, I kept hearing horror stories about that ruining mercy runs and went out of my way to put bodies on rooftops, in rooms with doors and no busted vents, etc. That alone probably added a good few hours to my playtime in both games.

Turns out kill made by the AI don't count after all. I guess it makes some sense since Brigmore Witches has a bunch of factions that kill each other while you stealth through in some sections.

Ah, nice.

Ascheroth

Montag: "It has been said that there is a skeleton in every closet here in Innsmouth. That is simply not true.
They were laid into the very foundation walls. The basement might bleed if you chipped beneath the plaster."
Carter: "That's a figure of speech, right?
Usher: "...I'm sorry Carter."
Carter: "Oh my god, have you ever heard of a white lie?"

I love the Secret Wold writing.

jtb

Banned
Idk if indirect kills in Dishonored count as "kills," but they definitely raise the chaos level - which I always interpreted as the game telling you that it wasn't a true non-violent ghost path.

Personally, I like going full ghost as Corvo and murdering psychopath as Daud. The enemies are way more challenging in the DLC, too, which makes for far more interesting encounters than just Stop time -> Blink -> stab -> repeat .

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

K7GXagI.png

Double Mystery Gift -- MB-E3EA652A2B844507 - Taken by jtb

Deques

Lol, stupid me. I have been using my current computer for almost five years and I never realized that the case fans were never been active. After some research there is a fan controller behind the computer. I turned it on and the fans went on. Now my computer is much quieter than before during gaming time.

How have I never realized it sooner?

Gotta clean the inside from dust

Parsnip

I'm glad I have zero interest in KH. Played the first one back in the day and didn't hate it or anything, but just didn't care about the world. And it sounds like the plot went far far of the rails in the subsequent games, so that made sure I would never try to jump back in.

I played through Event[0] and I didn't like it too much. The basic idea of the game is that you're the last astronaut on a space station and you're trying to get back to Earth. You do that by communicating with the AI that oversees the station and performing tasks/solving puzzles to open locked doors to progress.

The space station is pretty small (only about 10 rooms) so there isn't much exploration in the game. The core gameplay mechanic is communicating with the AI which is done by typing out questions or comments at various computer terminals. It's sort of like those adventure games from the 90s (like Hugo's House of Horrors) where you have to enter the correct text to move the story forward. All of the depth in the game is locked behind this communication system (which apparently lets the AI generate 2 million responses according to Wikipedia). Also, the ending can change depending on your demeanor towards the AI (whether you were friendly or antagonistic etc.). Of course, you won't actually know that there are alternate endings unless you go and look up the achievements or something.

The problem is that none of this depth will really be apparent to the player. All the information required to actually progress the game is given to player in a very obvious way but all the backstory and context needs to be gleaned from the environment. If you don't ask the AI about certain things you will never get to know the (alternate) history that the game is set in. Also, a lot of the story is delivered through mundane log files which are tiresome to read because they also have a very low signal to noise ratio. At the end of it all, the entire game is about typing questions to the AI and getting responses to progress. If you don't ask enough questions or the right questions you'll be left with a very vague understanding of what happened on the space station.

The general beats of the story itself are sort of predictable as well. When you think lone survivor on a space station talking to an AI, what kind of story do you imagine? Yep, this game is exactly that.

It's not a bad game as such. It was a student project that they decided to expand and release commercially. I just didn't like it all that much.

I just think God Eater 1 doesnt offer enough content in general.
Repetitive enemies (wow, red (fire) instead of blue (ice), like 8 "stages"....

I still need to finish the Ressurection stuff, but its a drag.

dex3108

I'm glad I have zero interest in KH. Played the first one back in the day and didn't hate it or anything, but just didn't care about the world. And it sounds like the plot went far far of the rails in the subsequent games, so that made sure I would never try to jump back in.

I like Disney characters and worlds so I would love to see them in games and beside Disney Infinity KH is the only series that offers that. Especially now when we reached and surpassed Toy Story level of graphics. If KH3 comes to PC one day I will probably play only that one and watch story summary for others (even though story is convoluted mess).

Hektor

Oh look another Kingdom Hearts game that for some inexplicable reason won't come to PC.

The more we see about KH3, the less I think it may release on PC.

Porting KH3 without any of the prior games first wouldn't make much sense.

That it isn't coming was obvious when they chose not to port the 1.5 and 2.5 Collections.

D7FNxjZ.png

enjoy my character's face being as uninterested with what's going on as me haha

game's still "fun" but man these cutscenes are clunky and awkward as shit

sarada-uchiha--95.6.jpg

dex3108

That it isn't coming was obvious when they chose not to port the 1.5 and 2.5 Collections.

Well it's not like that KH story has any sense. No matter which game you play first you will be confused.

Tonton

Xbox One is getting the game and it didn't get the collection either tho

And we could still get it, Square is no stranger to late ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom