• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilZero

immaginek2rns.png

2 weeks left.....but why?

Saw this too , thats sad :(

Momentary

Banned
TEKKEN is back in the Top Sellers list. PREDICTABO!

Also, I guarantee you in less than 2 years, Sega is gonna tell Atlus stop being so damn prideful and fork over some Persona on PC. I'm sure some close-minded business people had some documentation signed specifically to allow certain ATLUS intellectual properties to be managed by archaic business practices before the buy out happened.

Also, I fell like the BlazBlue crossover game will likely be released without too many issues from Atlus. Hell, this might even be a little heads up for us to expect the Persona fighting game to head on over. People can call me whatever they want for thinking this. It's nothing new. I've been advocating for JRPGs and Fighting games on STEAM for over 8 years now and I remember people calling me an idiot for even mentioning things like Street Fighter, Final Fantasy and Guilty Gear coming over to PC.

xezuru

Arc System Works is going fuckin balls deep with Guilty, Blaz, DBFz, and Cross Battle considering the quality of output fuuuuuuck, I'm glad Akira secured the rights to Skullomania, pretty interested but gem proposition scares me.

Momentary

Banned
Arc System Works is going fuckin balls deep with Guilty, Blaz, DBFz, and Cross Battle considering the quality of output fuuuuuuck, I'm glad Akira secured the rights to Skullomania, pretty interested but gem proposition scares me.

Did something new happen with Guilty Gear?

TEKKEN is back in the Top Sellers list. PREDICTABO!

Also, I guarantee you in less than 2 years, Sega is gonna tell Atlus stop being so damn prideful and fork over some Persona on PC. I'm sure some close-minded business people had some documentation signed specifically to allow certain ATLUS intellectual properties to be managed by archaic business practices before the buy out happened.

Also, I fell like the BlazBlue crossover game will likely be released without too many issues from Atlus. Hell, this might even be a little heads up for us to expect the Persona fighting game to head on over. People can call me whatever they want for thinking this. It's nothing new. I've been advocating for JRPGs and Fighting games on STEAM for over 8 years now and I remember people calling me an idiot for even mentioning things like Street Fighter, Final Fantasy and Guilty Gear coming over to PC.

Thing is, I dont even think in 2 years SEGA Japan will be active on PC.

Remember that as of today, SEGA Europe had to battle to even get two ports of 8 years old games on PC.

So before even reaching to Atlus, we'd need SEGA to be convinced first.

Arulan

After 81 hours, I've finished NieR:Automata (Ending
E
). What an incredible game. I never played the original NieR, but bought it in large part due to glowing praise from a few members here.

The world, characters, themes, and stories are highly engrossing. I greatly appreciate how the game uses the UI too. Perhaps its most significant shortcoming for me is how it mimics a lot of issues with modern open-world design: quest markers and several mechanically one-note side quests. That said, I feel its strengths manage to overcome these.

Technical issues are often brought up for the PC port, but personally I didn't encounter a single issue throughout. That is with the FAR mod of course.

All I have to say is that I loved it, and I know one error I'm going to amend:

Arika always had Skullomania I believe, it's their character.

After 81 hours, I've finished NieR:Automata (Ending
E
). What an incredible game. I never played the original NieR, but bought it in large part due to glowing praise from a few members here.

All I have to say is that I loved it, and I know one error I'm going to amend:
I've owned the original NieR for a few years now because I managed to snag a copy for $10 and figured why not, and the biggest motivator to having me play it was finishing Automata, but I wanted to space out my completion of Automata with starting up the original. I think I should get around that soon now that I think about it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
When you die in FF6 instead of restarting at your last quick/autosave, it restarts at your last save, even if that's like an hour before the last quick/autosave?

It just kills you. No permanent effect.

hmm, weird design choice. being cursed, especially the 1st time, was one of the most terrifying things in ds1. now it's just 'oh well, i died'.

they should've made it like poison or toxic that chips away of your health until you heal yourself, it runs out, or you die.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
When you die in FF6 instead of restarting at your last quick/autosave, it restarts at your last save, even if that's like an hour before the last quick/autosave?

Time to uninstall it and refund. The game is trash and there are better ways to play that classic.

hmm, weird design choice. being cursed, especially the 1st time, was one of the most terrifying things in ds1. now it's just 'oh well, i died'.

they should've made it like poison or toxic that chips away of your health until you heal yourself, it runs out, or you die.

This might sound weird, but getting cursed was one of the best moments in DS1 for me.

I wasn't using any guides, so I was surprised and horrified when those damn basilisks cursed me and halved my health bar. I'm a crappy DS player, so being cursed could mean the end of the line for me. I immediately looked for a guide online and found out about the undead merchant that sells a cure. Well, it turns out I had met that merchant a few hours earlier and she scared the hell out of me, so I accidentally attacked her ^_^

My only hope was Ingward, but you know, the guy lives in the ruins of New Londo. All of those ghosts were a real problem for me, so I decided to run for it: I ran, and I dodged, and I ran, and I dodged... I ran like crazy through New Londo, trying to avoid all of those ghosts. I ran through narrow passageways, I ran upstairs, I ran downstairs, and all of the time those ghosts were following me. The final moments, when I climbed the ladder that leads to Ingward with the ghosts going up right behind me, was one of the most terrifying and amazing moments I ever had in a game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
When you're in a yes/no menu, the cancel button doesn't select no.

There's a sprite issue if you die in Magitek armour because they didn't properly do sprites for deaths in this case.

It seems like if you use auto-battle, berserked characters whose last commands were not attack will do their non-attack command.

Cyan's hair is salty grey in his game sprite but black in his portrait sprite. General Leo has bright yellow lips in his portrait.

There's a font alignment error in Evasion % in the equip menu.

It is bewildering that they locked appearance with stats in Lighting Returns. They should of let you master a garb after so many kills to unlock customization.

There is a fabulous battle win pose. I should gif it for y'all. It is pure PopGAF.

When you're in a yes/no menu, the cancel button doesn't select no.

There's a sprite issue if you die in Magitek armour because they didn't properly do sprites for deaths in this case.

It seems like if you use auto-battle, berserked characters whose last commands were not attack will do their non-attack command.

Cyan's hair is salty grey in his game sprite but black in his portrait sprite. General Leo has bright yellow lips in his portrait.

There's a font alignment error in Evasion % in the equip menu.

This is how I'm picturing Stump right now:

This is a compliment by the way

sadblob

This might sound weird, but getting cursed was one of the best moments in DS1 for me.

I wasn't using any guides, so I was surprised and horrified when those damn basilisks cursed me and halved my health bar. I'm a crappy DS player, so being cursed could mean the end of the line for me. I immediately looked for a guide online and found out about the undead merchant that sells a cure. Well, it turns out I had met that merchant a few hours earlier and she scared the hell out of me, so I accidentally attacked her ^_^

My only hope was Ingward, but you know, the guy lives in the ruins of New Londo. All of those ghosts were a real problem for me, so I decided to run for it: I ran, and I dodged, and I ran, and I dodged... I ran like crazy through New Londo, trying to avoid all of those ghosts. I ran through narrow passageways, I ran upstairs, I ran downstairs, and all of the time those ghosts were following me. The final moments, when I climbed the ladder that leads to Ingward with the ghosts going up right behind me, was one of the most terrifying and amazing moments I ever had in a game.

Did you know you can damage the ghosts if you are cursed?

Did you know you can damage the ghosts if you are cursed?

Yeah, I know, but I wasn't joking when I said I am a crappy DS player. There's absolutely no way I can win a fight against all of those ghosts in such a claustrophobic place.

I have clocked more than 60 hours in the game and still haven't finished it. For a long while I thought I would never be able to beat the game, but now I know I'll do it eventually, since I somehow managed to defeat Ornstein and Smough (ok, it took me two weeks to beat them). If I got through those guys, I know I can defeat anything the game might throw at me. I just don't expect to do it anytime soon ^_^

xezuru

Arika always had Skullomania I believe, it's their character.

Oh, for some reason I had it in my head Skullomania was in a similar situation as Strider where he was created for the game but had shared rights with a comic artist or something like that to solve before they could bring them back

Anyone having some serious steam issues right now?

Playing Dark Souls 3.. first of all, steam switches into a big picture like mode while using controller now... it's like, taking xbox 360 controller, and seemingly emulating steam controller, so camera is all fucked up in Dark Souls 3, behaving as mouse while also using left stick. Other issues... Can't just alt + tab and get stema overlay.. now it's like this big doofy big picture style overlay, and im' not using big picture... but I think starting a game with a controller in, is now assuming I want this hijacking.

Help!

Sarcasm

Anyone having some serious steam issues right now?

Playing Dark Souls 3.. first of all, steam switches into a big picture like mode while using controller now... it's like, taking xbox 360 controller, and seemingly emulating steam controller, so camera is all fucked up in Dark Souls 3, behaving as mouse while also using left stick. Other issues... Can't just alt + tab and get stema overlay.. now it's like this big doofy big picture style overlay, and im' not using big picture... but I think starting a game with a controller in, is now assuming I want this hijacking.

Help!

Did you enable custom controllers in BPM by chance? If so turn it off if you are using a xbox one.

Nothin' wrong with Akuma, Kolin, and Ed. But Abigail... ugh, even as a person that has been incredibly forgiving of the things SFV has pulled, makes me believe that Capcom is just going out of their way to make people not like it.

Let alone that they waited until EVO to announce the character, who is already been long overdue and was expected to hit last month.

Abigail's ok, but his reveal was lackluster after ArcSys and Namco slammed us with their godlike announcements

and Ed's the worst SF character that made me lose hope in SFV, why does he exist

Thezez

Banned
Beep beep backing up the truck. There may be some gems amongst this trash, but probably not.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 106 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

t1cxE6r.gif
CLUB MANAGER 2015 -- MB-3470DDACBB850ABA - Taken by Stumpokapow
ACTION ALIEN STEAM -- MB-44AA82CC3CA26093 - Taken by rainking187
ACTION ALIEN STEAM #2 -- MB-CFFD35833D727B37 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
ADVENTURES ON THE PULLUTED ISLANDS -- MB-9CDDBEDB5D0AE2AF - Taken by bobnowhere
ADVENTURES ON THE PULLUTED ISLANDS #2 -- MB-36402859F8A2ED63 - Taken by rainking187
ANOMALY 1729 STEAM -- MB-05CB01BB7E25429D - Taken by rainking187
ARSON AND PLUNDER STEAM -- MB-9D63E1A6B6DA3E8E - Taken by yoshizzle
ARSON AND PLUNDER STEAM #2 -- MB-DEAEE7CDD32CF10C - Taken by bobnowhere
ASTERVOID -- MB-C377D2B7FCD5593D - Taken by texhnolyze
BALLISTICK -- MB-2360438458FD1F97 - Taken by yoshizzle
CAVEMAN WORLD MOUNTAINS OF UNGA BOONGA -- MB-84455F34BEB90960 - Taken by JustLynx
CAVEMAN WORLD MOUNTAINS OF UNGA BOONGA #2 -- MB-425DAA272E68BC45 - Taken by bobnowhere
CHRONICLES OF A DARK LORD EP 2 -- MB-BD034DCD106719A9 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
COLIN MCREA RALLY -- MB-41A16DC6A682629A - Taken by rainking187
CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR -- MB-420FEC7F61715776 - Taken by fernandes
CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR #2 -- MB-6FBFC972B8BD1786 - Taken by DataGhost
CORROSION COLD WINTER WAITING ENHANCED -- MB-4A01FAFB32691B22 - Taken by DataGhost
CORROSION COLD WINTER WAITING ENHANCED #2 -- MB-8ADE6D99796B15DD - Taken by longlivegaming
CTU COUNTER TERRORISM UNIT -- MB-72BD66C7A835C107 - Taken by yoshizzle
CTU COUNTER TERRORISM UNIT #2 -- MB-92A85D093280ECCB - Taken by bobnowhere
CYBERHUNT -- MB-3C1CEFA1781C8432 - Taken by sadblob
CYBERHUNT #2 -- MB-E27B361088A8D6DC - Taken by SSPssp
CYBERHUNT #3 -- MB-EFB81B250FFBA687 - Taken by DataGhost
DAILY CHTHONICLE EDITORS EDITION -- MB-7ECA761F45A724F0 - Taken by DataGhost
DEATH BY GAMESHOW -- MB-628D014813F53B86 - Taken by longlivegaming
ELVEN LEGACY -- MB-4E40FAC69C7F9636 - Taken by Eila
ELVEN LEGACY #2 -- MB-35C5A3175ED1CDA5 - Taken by DataGhost
ELVEN LEGACY #3 -- MB-3F5D46701106DAE2 - Taken by fuzzy123
ENFORCER POLICE CRIME ACTION -- MB-72F0F1C2D4283CD8 - Taken by rainking187
ENFORCER POLICE CRIME ACTION #2 -- MB-EB48680439F73138 - Taken by DataGhost
FARMING WORLD -- MB-34A896F39EACEC3D - Taken by rainking187
FIVE CHAMPIONS OF CANAAN -- MB-AB0F65191AF0F541 - Taken by yoshizzle
HOUND -- MB-270992356EDEB8C7 - Taken by DataGhost
HOUND #2 -- MB-CDC5CA6FBD991052 - Taken by SSPssp
HOVEN THE SAGES SPINEL -- MB-CBF8019DA5846AC9 - Taken by rainking187
HYPOSPHERE -- MB-1F85BE10E64FEF87 - Taken by Mikurden
INCANDESCENT -- MB-632DA8B2D252C108 - Taken by yoshizzle
IT CAME FROM SPACE AND ATE OUR BRAINS -- MB-002EFFFEEDB5BE1C - Taken by sadblob
JUMPING TANK -- MB-0F861780A46E2E63 - Taken by fuzzy123
JUMPING TANK #2 -- MB-FF9751EDD776CA0C - Taken by voodooray
KEEBLES -- MB-A2E59DC04FC7A101 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
LEAD AND GOLD -- MB-CA796B385F5C0351 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
LIVEZA DEATH OF THE EARTH -- MB-7687BB35E7B1A7C6 - Taken by rainking187
LIVEZA DEATH OF THE EARTH #2 -- MB-6313D84F5E846A9E - Taken by DataGhost
MACHINE MADE REBIRTH -- MB-4859CDF60F596551 - Taken by longlivegaming
MORIBUND -- MB-70FF932101F4BBC0 - Taken by bobnowhere
MORIBUND #2 -- MB-0914DBDDD4D51E3A - Taken by DataGhost
MR NIBBLES FOREVER STEAM -- MB-B1C6B56370B7C0F0 - Taken by yoshizzle
MR NIBBLES FOREVER STEAM #2 -- MB-8E3D9325822FF001 - Taken by SSPssp
PLANES BULLETS AND VODKA -- MB-5C4644CFDE4E7CFD - Taken by longlivegaming
PLITH -- MB-217E187A9606C0AE - Taken by SSPssp
PURGATORY -- MB-929ED86D9BECE253 - Taken by Madventure
RABIEZ EPIDEMIC -- MB-6700D154C6214E51 - Taken by fuzzy123
RAINING BLOBS STEAM -- MB-EB75B7CBA6009E2B - Taken by Mikurden
RECOVERY SEARCH AND RESCUE -- MB-436649EF2F3CFA1C - Taken by Eila
RECOVERY SEARCH AND RESCUE #2 -- MB-9C2DDB5448FC290E - Taken by SSPssp
RISE OF THE ARGONAUTS -- MB-BE7A082D40F637A2 - Taken by Madventure
RISE OF THE ARGONAUTS #2 -- MB-30871FB3759806B7 - Taken by pantsattack
RISE OF THE TRIAD -- MB-57F1FFD57A466A6E - Taken by Dessart
ROCK N ROLL DEFENSE -- MB-A2096934A783AC1E - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
SAFETY FIRST STEAM -- MB-34DFDE4E73A56DAF - Taken by Mikurden
SAVE JESUS -- MB-00FCA0CFB28C13A3 - Taken by bobnowhere
SCHEIN -- MB-89DF63F4385EC6C2 - Taken by longlivegaming
SKILLTREE SAGA STEAM -- MB-115791881CC72790 - Taken by DataGhost
SKILLTREE SAGA STEAM #2 -- MB-177A57AAFE19CE46 - Taken by Zeeman
SOULCRAFT STEAM -- MB-7315994BBD50FB0F - Taken by Mikurden
SPACE PILGRIM EPISODE 1 -- MB-3BB5CD16EC3860F6 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
SPELLWEAVER CHRONICLES THE HOLY CHILD -- MB-A2B06676B5D28E55 - Taken by famfrit
SPELLWEAVER CHRONICLES THE HOLY CHILD #2 -- MB-4C63CA838570C4FB - Taken by SSPssp
SPELLWEAVER VAMPIRE OVERLORD DECK STEAM -- MB-ED8F03589959FB01 - Taken by fuzzy123
SPRING BONUS -- MB-4ADC178A34FE8846 - Taken by SSPssp
STATE OF ANARCHY -- MB-E2A23C17EB1C634B - Taken by Jalal

STEALTH BASTARD DELUXE -- MB-77A4DFC962E97DC9 - Taken by sadblob
SUPER BOMB RUSH -- MB-46189E6CD50C2429 - Taken by yoshizzle

SUPER BOMB RUSH #2 -- MB-1F1A0EE13C8CBF45 - Taken by SSPssp
SURVIVAL DRIVER STEAM -- MB-4B8EEA63C21E127E - Taken by SSPssp
SWITCH GALAXY ULTRA -- MB-7FA4D0F908246798 - Taken by yoshizzle
SWITCH GALAXY ULTRA #2 -- MB-A02278C6598FB46C - Taken by Eila
SWITCH GALAXY ULTRA #3 -- MB-101D6D2EFC832B73 - Taken by fuzzy123
TAXI -- MB-8458FBC8E1DAC927 - Taken by DataGhost
TAXI #2 -- MB-2731FA0396FB68B1 - Taken by SSPssp

THE ASSKICKERS -- MB-31816E6490517DF0 - Taken by yoshizzle
THE BLACK DEATH -- MB-1CF7E0EA43A1AF11 - Taken by DataGhost
THE DEED -- MB-54A589E742CE6F0F - Taken by sadblob
THE FIRST SPARK -- MB-D0F13F7748A15B16 - Taken by rainking187
THE JOYLANCER LEGENDARY MOTOR KNIGHT -- MB-418BDF6B02EB2D40 - Taken by DataGhost
THE LAST DREAM DEVELOPERS EDITION -- MB-E379EBE74C9FDF2B - Taken by oipic
THE LAST HOPE -- MB-39D2D2AA06560DF6 - Taken by lazerfox
THE LAST PHOTON -- MB-9A1789700B07DC20 - Taken by rainking187
THE NIGHTMARE COOPERATIVE -- MB-E09F271C58ED7FDF - Taken by longlivegaming
THE SILENT AGE -- MB-FB9B556FBEFE4962 - Taken by Smeagol
THREE DEAD ZED -- MB-B959BFFAC99B6053 - Taken by krczt23
THREE DEAD ZED #2 -- MB-D1D94A2AFCD44D34 - Taken by krczt23
TRACKS OF TRIUMPH INDUSTRIAL ZONE -- MB-3A78BDF8328520EA - Taken by rainking187
TRACKS OF TRIUMPH SUMMERTIME -- MB-EC4CD9494302B018 - Taken by rainking187
Toybox Turbos -- MB-A66163D6D9BDFE9B - Taken by famfrit
Toybox Turbos #2 -- MB-A4494A63FF121719 - Taken by spindoctor
UNCANNY VALLEY -- MB-9BB3786D167A9F9E - Taken by longlivegaming
URIZEN SHADOWS OF THE COLD -- MB-C16BAC4D881B93C5 - Taken by lazerfox
VINDICTIVE DRIVE -- MB-D5D3E32A1187B62A - Taken by rainking187

WAYOUT 2 HEX -- MB-0C4935F7FB4B241A - Taken by longlivegaming
WAYOUT 2 HEX #2 -- MB-91581B6729D10F27 - Taken by sadblob
WORLD SHIP SIMULATOR -- MB-27714062E3160654 - Taken by rainking187
WORLD TREE ADVENTURES -- MB-516D4DB37BA7FF72 - Taken by DataGhost
ZOMBIE BALLZ STEAM -- MB-C8ABD9F7247DF70C - Taken by Vuze
ZOO PARK -- MB-67B1B710FD9D1460 - Taken by rainking187

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey! Wait! I got a new complaint!

The direction selector in the Serpent Islands is busted. You will recall that you're supposed to be able to choose left or right at each fork. But rather than left choosing left and right choosing right, left moves the choice one left (which will wrap around to the right) and right moves the choices on right (which will wrap around to the left). That's not useful.

Where wrapping WOULD be useful is target selection in fights, where it doesn't exist. So if you are selecting the bottom-most enemy, you will have to press many times to get to the top-most enemy. Which maybe wouldn't be so bad, except on the least bad UI, the targets are ordered left to right even though the enemies are standing top to bottom on the screen and so are your party members

It's mental how difficult it is to play a game I have completed literally 20 or 30 times in my life.

Momentary

Banned
I haven't had SFV installed for months now... and it seems like it's going to remain that way. How many season 2 reveals are left now? I

jtb

Banned
how accessible is PUBG? I'd like to get into a multiplayer game without feeling like I'm adding a second full-time job

how accessible is PUBG? I'd like to get into a multiplayer game without feeling like I'm adding a second full-time job

Very accessible, as The Dear Leader said. Everyone starts in a plane, you can jump out of it and land on a space near the craft's trajectory. When you get to the ground you have to scavenge for weapons, ammo, etc. and that's it.
No skilltree, no weapon unlocks. Just gotta learn which places get crowded fast (and that's not even 100% necessary) and which ones have the best loot (again, not 100% necessary)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom