• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

4jaLBrx.png

Kingsway was 1 € cheaper an hour ago...

Price mistakes on Humble getting fixed...

🤔

I watched about 10 min. on Twitch and I'm seriously considering an impulse buy.

Strange, since I never even heard of the game only a few hours ago. :p

Wok

Preorder is up for release late August.

Courtesy of lashboy.

I watched about 10 min. on Twitch and I'm seriously considering an impulse buy.

Strange, since I never even heard of the game only a few hours ago. :p

Be careful with impulse purchases. This is how one builds a backlog.

The cross over BlazBlue game has me intrigued in the franchise. Any recommendations on which of the games to start with that are listed here?

I'd go with Continuum Shift or Chrono Phantasma. Calamity Trigger is kind of a rough port.

If you like it, then jump ahead to Central Fiction.

The games are great, but I'm still having trouble getting into them. They're like a more complex version of Guilty Gear.

Tizoc

The cross over BlazBlue game has me intrigued in the franchise. Any recommendations on which of the games to start with that are listed here?
Central fiction is the latest ver of the game and is the one inwould recommend as it is what any bb played would be playing nowadays
Plot wise you can find recaps of the older games online.

Ludens

Banned
Man this is ridiculous: I bought the TT complete collection during the Steam sale because Sam & MaxS1 and 2 were never bundled, and now they are both in 1 tier Humble Bundle.

I would take it for Batman if I missed Minecraft, another game I need to start which I bought during the sale.

Zeeman

Not a bad bundle, but I own everything in the 1$ tier and already have Borderlands, and I've heard Walking Dead S2 and GoT were not great

Humble GPD Win Bundle

1$ Tier
Spelunky
Terraria
Rayman Legends
Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

BTA
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Apotheon
Atelier Sophie
FF X/X-2 HD
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Corpse Party

230$ Tier(doesn't increase BTA) - Brand new GPD Win

you can thank me later HB
Is $230 the going rate for a GPD? I thought that was just the early bird offering and they want 300 plus at this point.

illusionary

Great value bundle, but I already have the great majority of the games, so not one for me. I expect that many others are in the same position.

Wok

I'm not buying it because I'm still salty about my purchase of that stupid GoT game which neither GreenManGaming nor TellTale accepted to refund. The worst is I did not ask for a refund because the game is crap, I asked because I was mistakenly thinking I would have a Steam key from GMG, and instead I got a TellTale key. I cannot believe I poured this much money into a TellTale key.

Bundles not bad. Have everything I want from it already though. Unless they added guardians of the galaxy to the BTA lol

More likely Jurassic Park. 😋

xist

This was the previous one from April last year

EbFrvHS.jpg

The Sam and Max episodes in this one, and Hector Badge of Carnage redeem the $1 tier at least.

Zeeman

So what's left that they can add to the BTA? Sam and Max S3, Strong Bad, Jurassic Park, Monkey Island, Poker Night 2...am I missing anything?

Oh, and Walking Dead 400 Days

C4rter

Telltale Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Walking Dead Season 1 -- MB-BE5510B3B3EFCF8D - Taken by MushroomSamba. 1 entrants total.
The Walking Dead Season 2 -- MB-69293F4A28F99F6F - Taken by Kiru. 2 entrants total.

t1500402551z1.png

Ascheroth

Anyway, I finished RE6.

I actually had a lot of fun with it. I enjoyed the crazy mutant thingies and the way the story was told with those 4 individual campaigns that have their own storyline but intersect with each other now and then was really neat. Some of the locations were really cool too. There's one thing it's not tho. Scary.

I liked Chris' campaign the least, I think. It had some terrible escape sequences. Much bigger focus on gunfights. For a good part it felt like Generic Military Shooter A, excpet with RE mutants instead of generic soldiers. It didn't help that Chris' melee moves are pretty boring. He's got nothing on the ladies. Thankfully it picked up towards the end.

I also don't think I like the checkpointing/saving and health system all that much, which is why I put it on Amateur during the last 2 campaigns and just blazed through them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Should have put it back on normal for the boss fights, but changing difficulty while playing is a hassle. Oh well.

My favorite campaigns were probably Leon's or Ada's, but I liked Jake's too. Hard to say. I can only say for sure that it wasn't Chris'.

Thinking of going back to RE4 now, since I haven't played Ada's campaign there yet, or I could also start with REMake, but I kind of feel like playing something different before those.

..Just don't know what, lol. I blame Xseed for not having released anything Falcom yet <.<

Ada is awesome btw.

Still can't log into steam on my main PC. I can log in on the site, my laptop and my phone, but on my deskyop the client says invalid username or password.
Seriously, WTF? Halp!

Humble GPD Win Bundle

1$ Tier
Spelunky
Terraria
Rayman Legends
Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

BTA
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Apotheon
Atelier Sophie
FF X/X-2 HD
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Corpse Party

230$ Tier(doesn't increase BTA) - Brand new GPD Win

you can thank me later HB
Oh shit... Might get that gpd win after my credit card payment.

Also does anybody want to play PUBG here? I'm talking strictly steamgaf and not the other pubg thread. Just add me on Steam if you don't have me yet.

Jawmuncher

Anyway, I finished RE6.

I actually had a lot of fun with it. I enjoyed the crazy mutant thingies and the way the story was told with those 4 individual campaigns that have their own storyline but intersect with each other now and then was really neat. Some of the locations were really cool too. There's one thing it's not tho. Scary.

I liked Chris' campaign the least, I think. It had some terrible escape sequences. Much bigger focus on gunfights. For a good part it felt like Generic Military Shooter A, excpet with RE mutants instead of generic soldiers. It didn't help that Chris' melee moves are pretty boring. He's got nothing on the ladies. Thankfully it picked up towards the end.

I also don't think I like the checkpointing/saving and health system all that much, which is why I put it on Amateur during the last 2 campaigns and just blazed through them ¯_(&#12484;)_/¯
Should have put it back on normal for the boss fights, but changing difficulty while playing is a hassle. Oh well.

My favorite campaigns were probably Leon's or Ada's, but I liked Jake's too. Hard to say. I can only say for sure that it wasn't Chris'.

Thinking of going back to RE4 now, since I haven't played Ada's campaign there yet, or I could also start with REMake, but I kind of feel like playing something different before those.

..Just don't know what, lol. I blame Xseed for not having released anything Falcom yet <.<

Ada is awesome btw.

Glad you liked it. But why you gotta hate on my boy chris. Someone has to do the military work. Plus how is this boring.

R0zq5Li.gif

JAW

^____^

HI SUNSHINE

Hey boo

Vuze

shit, and here I bought TWD Michonne in the summer sale :(
Oh well, it was very enjoyable. If you're into the genre, you should definitely tackle it. Only a 4~5h journey too.

E: Only missing Borderlands. I heard it's great. Perhaps I'll be lucky on sg =P

Michonne and Minecraft are the only games I don't already own in that Humble Bundle that I have any interest in, but it'd be a great value otherwise.

I actually have no Telltale games but I'm still not sure I want it :p

People like to bag on them because of the terrible engine they refuse to update, and some find the formula might be getting a bit stale. There are a few duffers here, but this bundle is definitely worth getting.

Yeah $6 for all the Walking Dead stuff, sans Season Three (and just noticed 100 Days isn't there, either) is a fantastic price! Season 1, 2, and Michonne are well worth playing, let alone also getting the great Puzzle Agent games (which I really need to replay, now that I'm a Twin Peaks lover), Tales from the Borderland (which I've never played but have heard great things), etc.

I'm purchasing the $1 tier, because Borderland is the only one above it that I really want to play. I'm hoping to win it here from a generous SteamGAFer!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Given that they're adding more titles to the mid tier next week, I suspect if you buy the $15 tier and then use the 50% off coupon for New Frontier, you'll be getting every game Telltale has on Steam for $27.49.

Currently for sale but not included in the $15 tier + New Frontier:
Sam and Max S3
Tales of Monkey Island
Strong Bad
Poker Night 2
TWAU
BTTF
Jurassic Park
(Incomplete seasons of GOTG and Game of Thrones S2)

I suspect they'll add three of those next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom