• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's left that they can add to the BTA? Sam and Max S3, Strong Bad, Jurassic Park, Monkey Island, Poker Night 2...am I missing anything?

Oh, and Walking Dead 400 Days

The Wolf Among Us isn't listed either.

$1 tier for me. Worth it for Sam & Max. Already got everything else.

Ascheroth

Glad you liked it. But why you gotta hate on my boy chris. Someone has to do the military work. Plus how is this boring.

R0zq5Li.gif
Well it's not exactly boring, but it's not nearly as cool as what the others I played as pulled off.

Tonton

SIGN is good enough, or REVELATOR is where it's at?
Sign is pretty old, and you can upgrade to the latest version (Rev 2) from Revelator

The cross over BlazBlue game has me intrigued in the franchise. Any recommendations on which of the games to start with that are listed here?
Either get the latest one(central fiction) or Chronophantasma Extend I'd guess, but i don't think any have a real online community

TellTale.
I only have TWD S1 and its DLC so I'm tempted
But tbh the only one I really want is tales from the Borderlands

Yesterday I found Amazon Prime includes Let's Plays as part of Prime videos. I was (forced to) browsing Lego videos and there was a full playthrough of Lego City Undercover. It didn't say who was playing other than, "Hey, it's Dave again." Does Amazon have some internal person make these for them? There were Lego timelapse videos too. Those were branded but I didn't care enough to look them up. What an odd thing!

jtb

Banned
Wish I had bought PUBG on Steam instead of using the coupon on GMG... not feeling. Jankier than I expected and the controls and gunplay are so floaty

Is there a particular perspective that works better for PUBG?

also how do I have fun at this game?

Amzin

Wish I had bought PUBG on Steam instead of using the coupon on GMG... not feeling. Jankier than I expected and the controls and gunplay are so floaty

Is there a particular perspective that works better for PUBG?

also how do I have fun at this game?

Playing with friends is definitely the easiest way to have fun. Otherwise, I find it more fun than most online shooters because it doesn't feel as competitive - out of 100 people, I don't expect to win, so I just practice and try weird stuff and enjoy the ride.

It's janky in some ways, still pretty big patches yet to come, but I have to disagree on the shooting. It is the core of the game, very tight, and quite realistic (ballistics at least, less so the damage obviously). If you don't like how the guns feel you'll either need to get used to it or it just isn't for you. And a lot of the guns do have very different feels, to be fair.

For movement, jumping is probably getting heavily toned down when they add vaulting in the next big patch or two. But I don't expect the shooting to ever change much considering the bullet velocity and drop off are core points of the gameplay.

Oh, for perspective, right now 3rd person is essentially the only way to play. There will be 1st person only options next patch supposedly. Playing 1st person in 3rd person servers is heavily handicapping yourself.

Ladekabel

Finally started Nier: Automata. Not feeling it just yet but I'm optimistic. Got throught he first one so I'll definitly make it through this one.

I don't have any TT game and I think I'll get the US$ 1 tier, but I'm not big into zombie stuff... I don't hate it, I'm just not immediately interested in zombies as most people seem to be. Should I skip TWD or is there something in it for me?

Gaf seems to like Sam & Max. That's great, because I think I might like it too, I like weird characters. So, is Puzzle Agent any good? What about Bone and Hector?

So, is Puzzle Agent any good?

It's like Professor Layton with about a third of the puzzles, set in a Twin Peaks/Northern Exposure-style American town. It's good, but it's only about three hours long with not much replayability. Puzzle Agent 2 is slightly longer but significantly worse.

It's like Professor Layton with about a third of the puzzles, set in a Twin Peaks/Northern Exposure-style American town. It's good, but it's only about three hours long with not much replayability. Puzzle Agent 2 is slightly longer but significantly worse.

I like Layton and I'm ok with short games, so I'll probably like it. Thanks!

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Finally started Nier: Automata. Not feeling it just yet but I'm optimistic. Got throught he first one so I'll definitly make it through this one.

I just recently got an ending in that game and was pretty excited to go back and learn more. The structure of the game is pretty wild, from a narrative perspective. Really enjoying it.

Kiru

I liked it so much, I 100%'d it and also played Drakengard (PS2) for the first time afterwards. I really hope they remake/remaster the first NieR and also release it on PC.

Tizoc

Well it's almost the 20th, which means I can't refund my Summer Sale purchases by then :p
Was kinda hoping Humble would start their summer sale by now but no worries.
Need to get back to idling and saving up credit for the next sale.

DataGhost

Well it's almost the 20th, which means I can't refund my Summer Sale purchases by then :p
Was kinda hoping Humble would start their summer sale by now but no worries.
Need to get back to idling and saving up credit for the next sale.

Didn't they have one during the steam sale?

I don't have any TT game and I think I'll get the US$ 1 tier, but I'm not big into zombie stuff... I don't hate it, I'm just not immediately interested in zombies as most people seem to be. Should I skip TWD or is there something in it for me?

Gaf seems to like Sam & Max. That's great, because I think I might like it too, I like weird characters. So, is Puzzle Agent any good? What about Bone and Hector?
It's not about the zombies, it's about interpersonal relationships during a crisis and melodrama. Absolutely worth the price of admission for the story, and to see how little games storytelling has evolved since 2011 2012.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Abrams Tank was removed from Steam today - https://steamdb.info/app/518160/info/ Maybe because of dev's name:
psUkcca.jpg

Keen Dreams is the same developer. Was a weird dude. Used IndieGoGo to fundraise $2,000 to buy the rights to the game, bought it, realized he didn't know how to program to be able to add Achievements and stuff to the Steam version, took like a year to figure that out, released it, all the while participating in weird culture war 4chan gamergate internet arguments on the Steam forums, then released Abrams Tank which is taking the source to an iD game from the 80s that was open source and then recolouring the sprites so it wasn't infringing. Very odd. And now flaming out by setting his username to an insult to Gabe?

(Attention developer if you're reading this: I'll pay you $2,000 USD cash to sign over the rights to Keen Dreams to me, no questions asked!)

Karak

It's not super inspiring that he gets the name of the game wrong repeatedly in the first 20 seconds of the video.

Interesting thats how they told me how to pronounce it. Unless you just mean truncating the A. Which admittedly I do for some reason on titles since I don't have the stuff written. Should probably do that though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Interesting thats how they told me how to pronounce it. Unless you just mean truncating the A. Which admittedly I do for some reason on titles since I don't have the stuff written. Should probably do that though.

We're both sort of incorrect.

I meant you were wrong because the name of the game is "Children of THE Zodiarcs" and you kept saying "Children of Zodiarcs". But it turns out it's "Children of Zodiarcs". But your video name says "Children of the Zodiarcs". So you were wrong, but not in the audio, in the video title, and my correction was also wrong! Whoops!

kionedrik

This shouldn't probably be news to anyone but The Banner Saga is fantastic. I was enjoying it immensely and then...
latest

and now I have to restart.
Let this be a warning to anyone that hasn't played it yet.

Karak

We're both sort of incorrect.

I meant you were wrong because the name of the game is "Children of THE Zodiarcs" and you kept saying "Children of Zodiarcs". But it turns out it's "Children of Zodiarcs". But your video name says "Children of the Zodiarcs". So you were wrong, but not in the audio, in the video title, and my correction was also wrong! Whoops!

changed thanks

The small amount of TWD S2 was not very interesting to me, having completely burned out on zombie apocalypse media a few years ago. I'm not even interested in The Last of Us 2. It just feels like a repeat of the same uber violent, extremely intense emotional beats over and over again.

I'm thinking about getting the second tier of the humble bundle.

Is Tales from the Borderlands worth getting if I've never played any Borderlands game? There won't be any big details I will miss out on?

zkylon

zkylewd

Is Tales from the Borderlands worth getting if I've never played any Borderlands game? There won't be any big details I will miss out on?
yes, it's great and u don't need to have played boredlands to enjoy it

Nah, pretty easy to jump in. I guess you could go read the Steam page for Borderlands to get an idea of the premise. I don't think Tales does a good job of explaining it, even if it's a simple concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom