• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladekabel

Is the upgrade after the five stars restaurant in CSD worth it (Cheevo)? Because that baked potato challenge is giving me a really hard time.

Crookz looks really good based on some YouTube reviews, but when I go to Checkout on the bundle there's no PayPal option. Not really comfortable giving them my cc info.

Oh well.

I've never had any issues with paypal there, though they do charge a surcharge for paypal.

Aaron D.

I've never had any issues with paypal there, though they do charge a surcharge for paypal.

7ltOofi.jpg

Yeah, it weird. PP option doesn't even show up.

Vlad

I'm doing good at the 52 games challenge, five months left and I only have four games left til meet the goal.

I've been counting each individual Disney Infinity playset as one game.

Even when I sit down and try to pick a game that shouldn't take TOO long, I still end up screwing myself. After 100%ing the current iteration of Binding of Isaac, I figure I'll start up something that shouldn't take too long to do. "Braid was neat, and didn't take too long", I tell myself before installing The Witness...

25 hours in, and I'm still wandering around that damn island. Great game, although I'm starting to edge closer to that point where I either can't find any more to do and I'm completely stuck on the few unsolved puzzles that I have found.

I refuse to look up any guides for the game, though. All the puzzles are just so damn satisfying when you do figure them out that I still feel bad about the one that I managed to get right by a lucky guess.

Arkkoran

Unconfirmed Member

Damn, missed this update.

I'm trying to remember and actually, I might have been a bundle... anyone with access to IsThereAnyDeal that can confirm?
It was either directly on their site (i.e. not indiegogo campaign) or a bundle very early in their development.
You basically got a Steam key and at that point, the game was the tutorial only.

I haven't touched it since so I'm probably in for a major surprise the day I launch the game again.

Was it through bundlestars? It was in a bundle there about 2 years ago, for a total of about $5, which is where I purchased it.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't think I ever can complete that challenge of only because most of my gaming time is spent on Hitman and I have lack of space to install new big stuff because I have several perpetually installed multiplayer games I like to come back to every now and then.

Platy

Gauntlet+DLC is 4 dollars on bundle stars...

....I ALREADY HAVE GAUNTLET ! I want a discount just on the dlc is it too much to ask ?

Tizoc

....I ALREADY HAVE GAUNTLET ! I want a discount just on the dlc is it too much to ask ?
Oh cool will grab it pater today thanks for the heads up!

Edit: wouldnt thia be the cheapest the dlc had ever been? May as well get it at this price

Wok

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine is free to play for the next 5 days.

It is also 60% off for the next couple of days.

It is a strange timing for a discount, since the new game of the devs will be released in 2 months and people will have forgotten about that studio after summer.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Man this makes me angry lol. I want that DLC discount ;-;

I've considered picking up Gauntlet multiple times, but just haven't yet. How is it? Worthy successor to Legends/Dark Legacy?
I haven't played the older games, but from what I've heard, it doesn't really live up to those games? It might've at the beginning when the mastery system was more in depth for stats and so on. For what it's worth, I had a lot of fun with the game. It was super difficult on hard mode (especially solo). Even on normal, certain levels and especially the final boss can wipe you out.

Oh cool will grab it pater today thanks for the heads up!

Edit: wouldnt thia be the cheapest the dlc had ever been? May as well get it at this price
The DLC by itself has been $1.24 before. I think it might've been cheaper a long time ago but I don't remember.

Vlad

Dead Rising still goes for 7 more days, are there usually 2 bundles at once of the "Tuesday bundles"?

Generally, yes. They used to do the Tuesday ones every other week, and then do a Weekly one on Thursdays or something. Now, they tend to just introduce two-week-long bundles every Tuesday, not accounting for weeks they just skip entirely, of course.

Generally, yes. They used to do the Tuesday ones every other week, and then do a Weekly one on Thursdays or something. Now, they tend to just introduce two-week-long bundles every Tuesday, not accounting for weeks they just skip entirely, of course.

Good to know, we also had about 2 months off of Humble.

dex3108

I am still enjoying Mafia 3. But it will take me a long time to finish it so i am tempted to start DmC at the same time but i really don't want to play multiple games at once XD That way i will never slim down my backlog :D

Arkkoran

Unconfirmed Member
Stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell -- MB-417E2E0349D33E9D - Taken by sadblob. 5 entrants total.
Stronghold Legions: Steam Edition -- MB-DCC88D662FEDE899 - Taken by Zeeman. 2 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000:Regicide -- MB-1F9D85A0B70D5047 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.

t1500396113z1.png

Tizoc

52 games seems crazy to me. I don't think I've finished that many in the past five years.
Just play short games like neo geo games on switch or any of those 16 bit era games
Ive restarted rockman x2 mainly because i messd up getting the zero part sbut i could beat it in a day or two while working on another game.

Aaron D.

Yeah, my problem is that I get hung up on games that are pretty much endless.

I couldn't imagine committing to 52 a year when I get into these love-affairs with single titles that I obsess on for months on end. Dropping 100's of hours into titles like Crusader Kings & Farming Simulator.

There's just no way.

dex3108

So 20 day until LawBreakers release and there is 0 marketing for that game. Add to that low open beta numbers and you will get good picture how that game will do.

Tizoc

Tizoc is on the right pace for the 365-game challenge, isn't he? 😋

By the way, a new annoucement planned tomorrow:

QjfN2dN.png

Apparently, a collaboration with Simon Hutt.

Teaser?
With any luck i might be 65-66 games off from that mark come january ;)

Anno

Larian put up a survey asking about tastes in RPGs and strategy games. If you fill out your name and email at the end you'll be eligible for one of 50 Steam gift cards. Only took me a couple minutes.

MUnited83

For you.
Humble GPD Win Bundle

1$ Tier
Spelunky
Terraria
Rayman Legends
Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

BTA
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Apotheon
Atelier Sophie
FF X/X-2 HD
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Corpse Party

230$ Tier(doesn't increase BTA) - Brand new GPD Win

you can thank me later HB

Wok

4jaLBrx.png

Kingsway was 1 € cheaper an hour ago... It was 8.99€ before applying the Humble Monthly discount.

Price mistakes (more like regional pricing) on Humble getting fixed... to match Steam.

Humble GPD Win Bundle

1$ Tier
Spelunky
Terraria
Rayman Legends
Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

BTA
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Apotheon
Atelier Sophie
FF X/X-2 HD
Binding of Isaac Rebirth