• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

IM NOT HAVE CHEAT BUT IM VAC BANNED

Well, I did something stupid once by mistake.
I was playing Tales of Zestiria and had CheatEngine opened.
Closed game and opened an MMO forgetting about CE (whoops)

Thankfully the MMO just closed itself saying it detected a cheating software and that was that.

If it was a VAC game, I guess I would have been banned (?)

Tizoc

You and me both. The game has an estimate amount of 28,000 owners...after 1 bundle and no discounts. You'd think it'll entice the developer to make a sequel or even another FMV game.
I am concerned that something may have happened with the studio behind the game x(

MRORANGE

Thoughts?

Motherboard: Biostar RACING X370GTN Mini ITX Motherboard
CPU: Ryzen:1700 8 Core @ 3.7 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 at 3000 Mhz - 32 GB
GPU: MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
Primary Storage: WD M.2 500 GB
Secondary Storage: WD 3TB 3.5"
PSU: Corsair 550 W 80+ Bronze
Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S

TOTAL: £1201.89

Purpose: Gaming at 1080p/75Hz, Video Editing/CAD/, some virtualisation.

Items on sale right now so wanting to drop on it but just making sure everything is good to go. coming from a Q6600 at 3.0Ghz and a ANMD RX260 with 6GB Corsair DDR2 for system ram.

Hoping for 4.0Ghz for OC, but it's pushing it on a 1700, might get a AIO later to do it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Tizoc with the godlike giveaway as usual.

Is Cold Steel out on PC now, or are we just looking at the Steam store page? I am very much down for that, all I heard was that it was coming in the "summer". I guess it is summertime.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
What are people getting banned for doing though?

Aimbots, anything that edits the main program file to give you an advantage in game that is not standard (e.g. smaller hitbox in Counter Strike), server by-pass actions, and other cheating.

Is Cold Steel out on PC now, or are we just looking at the Steam store page? I am very much down for that, all I heard was that it was coming in the "summer". I guess it is summertime.

Out sometime later this month. That's all we know last I looked.

Tonton

It's coming this month but no specific date yet

I was VAC banned. I have never cheated. It was my friend who played it. This is him

Hello. This is friend of Chairmanchuck. Please unban him because I cheated.

The Friend.

c52.png

dex3108

Thoughts?

Items on sale right now so wanting to drop on it but just making sure everything is good to go. coming from a Q6600 at 3.0Ghz and a ANMD RX260 with 6GB Corsair DDR2 for system ram.

Hoping for 4.0Ghz for OC, but it's pushing it on a 1700, might get a AIO later to do it.

75Hz on 1060 is a bit pushing it. You will need to lower down settings in modern games i think.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thoughts?

Maybe stretch your budget a bit further for a 1070, although if you're going to do that, then you might as well wait a little while longer and see how aggressively AMD prices Vega.

MRORANGE

Maybe stretch your budget a bit further for a 1070, although if you're going to do that, then you might as well wait a little while longer and see how aggressively AMD prices Vega.

I think I might wait on the GPU and use my old one, I could use the money for the GPU to buy a PS4 though.

Tizoc

Off to watch spiderman and ironman movie in a bit, expecting it to be a fun ride
Then it's the new planet of the apes movie by next week.

Bl@de

Yeah, I don't believe it.

Never thought that I say this but I will definetly put it on my wishlist and might even buy it. I love Wizardry after all.

IF ... it releases and the neanderthal doesn't change his mind. Will GAF have an OT for Grimoire :D?

fuzaco

Hey guys, long-time lurker here, decided to finally give away some of my Humble Bundle duplicates:

ModBot said:
Instructions for fuzaco:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fuzaco, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Talos Principle -- MB-55694D87E6E69790 - Taken by White Wolf. 35 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-A518894BA9769A89 - Taken by Natty1. 2 entrants total.
Jotun -- MB-7F22B8B0DED0B434 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 24 entrants total.
Nuclear Throne -- MB-575ACB423EA69A31 - Taken by lazerfox. 22 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-F5AC020C01F6BA71
The Banner Saga -- MB-814E5FADAF65070E - Taken by DataGhost. 17 entrants total.
Undertale -- MB-A13BE83E9B28D8AC - Taken by Fare Godmace. 21 entrants total.

t1499457371z1.png

Mivey

I wonder if XSEED will ever bring the remaining two Ys games (Seven and Memories of Celceta) to Steam. They have both been translated, and there are PC versions (though it might be less work to use the PSP/Vita versions as a basis for the ports)
Seems like low hanging fruit, probably not too expensive and could make them a few hundred thousand sales between them.

I wonder if XSEED will ever bring the remaining two Ys games (Seven and Memories of Celceta) to Steam. They have both been translated, and there are PC versions (though it might be less work to use the PSP/Vita versions as a basis for the ports)
Seems like low hanging fruit, probably not too expensive and could make them a few hundred thousand sales between them.
Well, I would hope for better PC ports since the Chinese versions (especially Celceta) aren't exactly great.

neoemonk

I need to go back and play, well, all of them on Steam. I've picked them all up through the years and have only played Ys I and dipped into the second one a bit.

Tonton

Not sure about a few hundred thousand of sales but they'd probably do good
I imagine XSEED wants to bring them to PC and I think they were good sellers for them so there's probably a decent chance even if they can't get the existing PC ports

TBH I kinda got hopeful for those after they announced the Cold Steel ports and don't feel like getting them on PSN anymore
But I probably shouldn't expect Brandish to get ported so still gotta get that

FLD

Yeah, I really hope this is something they plan to do once the Cold Steel ports are out. Makes sense to prioritize those but it sucks that those two Ys games are still missing. Hopefully they still want to work on the series despite losing the most recent entry.

Erheller

A few hundred thousand sounds pretty optimistic.

Hey guys, long-time lurker here, decided to finally give away some of my Humble Bundle duplicates:

That's very nice of you, thanks!

Binary Domain is really fun. I got it a long time ago and spent about an hour trying to setup the voice recognition system, but it sucks ^_^ Any gaffer got it working decently? I was so frustrated by it that I uninstalled the game.

Two years later I installed the game again and just skipped the voice recognition thing. And man, the game is great!

neoemonk

It's crazy seeing a game like Nier Automata outsell (and in a shorter timeframe). Something like Resident Evil 7. I would have never thought it'd be possible.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1402050

More reason to go back to Action RE capcom (´ω`)

I was warned off of it by horror stories of a bad port. I do want to play it, but I guess I will get it on PS4 since I threw money at a Pro like a jackass.

Binary Domain is really fun. I got it a long time ago and spent about an hour trying to setup the voice recognition system, but it sucks ^_^ Any gaffer got it working decently? I was so frustrated by it that I uninstalled the game.

Two years later I installed the game again and just skipped the voice recognition thing. And man, the game is great!

Coincidentally, I just started playing it last night. I've had it in my library since a Sega giveaway two years or so back, but I was only inspired to play it when Waypoint did a two-part podcast about it recently. It's pretty fun!

But yes, the voice recognition is complete shit, and I didn't even try playing with it; I just tried out the test in the options menu, and watched in frustration as only about half of my clearly spoken phrases were recognized. That was all I needed to see to convince me to turn it off.

Vibranium

Banned

Binary Domain legitimately deserves a sequel with improved gameplay and squad bonding/story path mechanics, I wish Sega would greenlight one, with their renewed focus on franchises. Also, I thought it was really cool how real-life couple Travis Willingham and Laura Bailey voiced the lead male and female characters.

And I think I will agree with some people who say it's much better than Vanquish.

Kudo

Thoughts?

Seems like a solid build, few notes:
AIO Coolers are fine, get one when you build the computer as it'll be pain to install later, having to make space for it especially in smaller case.
GTX1070, 1060 is probably not enough to reliably get 75 FPS especially if you want to run games at ultra, this really depends the kind of games you play though but I'd assume the headroom would still be well spent if you DSR games.
Make sure the PSU is top tier, I've had too many fail on me so always recommend people to check some reviews that which ones have best soldering and capacitators at the time.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

I think I might wait on the GPU and use my old one, I could use the money for the GPU to buy a PS4 though.

GPU is the easiest part to replace so if there's a part I'd wait on too it's the GPU. (Unless you really need the extra power right now, I'm sure PS4 will keep you busy for a while)

Zeknurn

Thoughts?

I'd honestly wait for tests of the upcoming Asrock and Gigabyte motherboards because especially the Gigabyte one has a better VRM which might lead to better overclocking.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The best way to not get banned, is to never play one of your steam games. Only collect. Forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom