• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

illusionary

They've done it every once in a while at the request of the publisher. Blame Deep Silver.

When did they start doing this?? Upgrade from 1$ to BTA was always possible in the past AFAIK.
Yeah, as mentioned above, this restriction has applied a few times in the past, but not frequently - which is why I wasn't looking out for it. I've ended up just doing a trade for Mighty No. 9, and have another one lined up for Gat out of Hell.

Mivey

Man, I wish that that was available when I played it... would have saved me 20 hours probably.
That's quite possible. I am at chapter two of SC so far, and already there is a mismatch of 5 hours between the in-game timer and Steam's. I am also using it to zoom around the maps, dungeons and wilderness areas though, while still being rather completionist about catching all NPC dialogues and side quests.

First time using ModBot, probably shouldn't have made it a raffle, oh well, sorry.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Homefront -- MB-31FAE570B30D71F2 - Taken by bwral12. 16 entrants total.
Saint's Row 2 -- MB-4460D500F551B5A0 - Taken by Platy. 1 entrants total.

t1501039306z1.png

Fate/Extella has 33 DLCs on launch day.

THIRTY THREE FUCKING DLCS ON DAY ZERO.

Devs/publishers have absolutely no shame left. Absolutely none. I'd point out the Switch version has all the DLCs included in it's single price of $60 but that's not even the point.

THIRTY THREE DLCS releasing alongside the game.

Yes, they're just costumes. Yes, they're cheap. Yes, they're optional. Yes, they're discounted. Yes, you don't have to buy them. Yes, I know all 33 excuses people make for shit like this.

THIRTY THREE DLCS on the day of release.

Fuck me where did it all go so wrong.

Devs/publishers have absolutely no shame left. Absolutely none. I'd point out the Switch version has all the DLCs included in it's single price of $60 but that's not even the point.

Yes, they're just costumes. Yes, they're cheap. Yes, they're optional. Yes, they're discounted. Yes, you don't have to buy them. Yes, I know all 33 excuses people make for shit like this.

Jesus died at age 33

If you're like me you still manage to beat it in 30 hours even with the regular battle pace.

I'be been slowly moving to your style. The compulsion to push for every side quest, nook and cranny just keeps waning.

There are exceptions. I liked what most of Witcher 3 threw at me, so I'm fine digging there.

if there's no $90 insta-strip DLC it could be a lot more fucked up

Lain

The number of DLC isn't an issue imo. It's a port, obviously once you port over a game with DLC, you port over all DLC on release.
The issue is asking PC players 50€ (discounted) for the DLC while giving it free with the port on the other platform you ported the game on. That's... not nice.

Mafia III is one gruesome-ass game, huh? It's bloody, brutal, and just plain nasty at times. Enemies lay in their own blood, crying to their mothers, and begging me to end them. This is going to be a fun time.

Also, shoutouts to proper Steam Controller support. It was bugged for me a few days ago, but it seems to have been fixed. Proper prompts and great mouse/gyro support. That's all I ask for.

Ruq9HK4.gif

Despite it's flaws it's a really great game, I just started the new DLC and it's been really good just like the last two.

Jawmuncher

Heads up:
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen is currently $10 on amazon US
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0747W22CP/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thanks for the heads up. Placed an order.

This is insane, hopefully Amazon honors this like the $15 Hitman pre-orders.

Grabbed this as well. If they honor it'll give me a reason to go back to Xcom 2 and beat it. (Though I think it'll have to turn on the no timer mod)

Erekiddo

XCOM 2 War of the Chosen DLC is $10 on amazon. Price error.

Go go go.

Edit; Dead. Sorry for the double mention of this, was posting it as soon as possible.

Jawmuncher

LOL. The price error died as soon as Wario64 posted it basically. They totally watch his account and probably CAG at this point. Since that error was up for a good awhile since it hadn't been posted on the big stuff.

madjoki

LOL. The price error died as soon as Wario64 posted it basically. They totally watch his account and probably CAG at this point. Since that error was up for a good awhile since it hadn't been posted on the big stuff.

Well, it makes sense to monitor those. I'd bet they have set alerts to someone when deal is posted somewhere like that.

Tell me how, tel me how, TELL ME HOW!!!

Amazon shows region lock message when it's unbuyable or out of stock:

But: eg.

" We noticed you're shopping from United States. This item is currently unavailable for customers shopping from United States. We don't know when or if this item will be available again. Not Shopping from United States? Change your country setting "

All you need to do is click "Change your country setting" and input valid address.

no need for VPN or anything.

US proxy, and find yourself a US "shipping" address.

Well, it makes sense to monitor those. I'd bet they have set alerts to someone when deal is posted somewhere like that.

Amazon shows region lock message when it's unbuyable or out of stock:

But: eg.

" We noticed you're shopping from United States. This item is currently unavailable for customers shopping from United States. We don't know when or if this item will be available again. Not Shopping from United States? Change your country setting "

All you need to do is click "Change your country setting" and input valid address.

no need for VPN or anything.

I did all that but turned out I was too late. :(

BasilZero

Damn lol, 33 DLCs and none of them are included in that price while the Switch ver comes with the DLC just for $10 more but you pay more for the Steam version DLCs xD.

Momentary

Banned
DLCs are just cosmetic. Nothing really special. Picked up the packs that didn't consist of school uniforms or swimsuits or other crap like that. It does suck that the Switch release comes with everything.

Jimrpg

What made you think they would have any restraint to begin with? We can only be thankful that its thirty three 'costume' DLCs that aren't needed to finish the game. Imagine if these were powerups.

I always said it started with the Horse Armour in Oblivion, but as people have rightly said, don't buy it if you don't want it.

Whether its in the game already requiring purchasing to unlock, or if its planned, not planned, day 1, day 60, there's no getting away from DLC.

You can always look on the bright side of this - the whales are effectively paying a significant portion of the total revenue and everybody else pays a lot less to play the vanilla game. For their part they get a bunch of costumes as a bonus. If it weren't for DLC, I'd expect that game prices would have risen significantly (maybe $80-90) or we would have got worse quality, shorter games as a result. Costs have gone up for making games, but game prices have stayed largely the same for many years.

The number of DLC isn't an issue imo. It's a port, obviously once you port over a game with DLC, you port over all DLC on release.
The issue is asking PC players 50€ (discounted) for the DLC while giving it free with the port on the other platform you ported the game on. That's... not nice.

This on the other hand, is very bad form from XSEED.

Erheller

I can tell you it's not worth its current price, maybe not even worth at 50% off.

If this were pretty much any other company, I'd agree, but Firaxis is one of the only developers to actually put out expansion-sized DLC nowadays.

$40 is a pretty steep asking price, but I definitely would have paid $20 for XCOM: Enemy WIthin, and the new XCOM 2 DLC looks like it'll add even more.

If this were pretty much any other company, I'd agree, but Firaxis is one of the only developers to actually put out expansion-sized DLC nowadays.

$40 is a pretty steep asking price, but I definitely would have paid $20 for XCOM: Enemy WIthin, and the new XCOM 2 DLC looks like it'll add even more.

I quoted the wrong post...

Meant to say that about the extella game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Besides The Evil Within is there anything else good price-wise in the GMG sale? I've been away for a few days and haven't been following the conversation in here.

zkylon

zkylewd
pyre looks really cool, probably not gonna buy it right away but it does look really interesting

i didn't really like transistor but it does feel like everything supergiant does kind of demands your attention

Monooboe

Does anyone use the Steam controller as their only controller? I was thinking maybe going that route at some point but not sure how well it works all around.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Does anyone use the Steam controller as their only controller? I was thinking maybe going that route at some point but not sure how well it works all around.

Yes, but if I had an Xbox One controller I'd probably swap back and forth. I'd rather control games using my nose than use a Dualshock 4. I would say it works well but not perfectly, it's a bit fiddly, there's some issues with it, some games don't have good defaults. I don't play an enormous number of twitch-oriented shooters and I don't play anything online competitive.

oipic

Damn, the only thing I want from the GMG sale is the ETS2 Scandinavia DLC but somehow they're out of stock. =/

Likewise - I had meant to grab this from WinGameStore's recent sale, where it was also $4.50-ish, I think, but I missed that deal, too. Perhaps GMG will restock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom