• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I don't know which Nintendo game will have more meltdowns, Smash Bros., the new Zelda or Mario #324590.

edit: Or "Miyamoto's Secret Game"

I'm down for a new Mario platformer though I'd like it to be like 3D Land or World on the 3DS. I ain't got a Nintendo Wii U atm XP

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whenever I manage to PM the ruskies, they always seem to be online.

Oh, getting the game itself wasn't an issue since I just bought it through a Dispenser bot. Keys, though, can be another matter due to the various rules that many traders have in place.

saunderez

If GTAV is as badly optimized on release as GTAIV was, ill be a sad man.

Me too. Between GTA V and Far Cry 4 I'm ridiculously excited and cautiously optimistic at the same time. I think those games will round out my 2014 gaming schedule quite nicely along with Dead Rising 3. My new-gen console purchase can wait for next year now.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

Judging by Max Payne 3, I want to believe that they might have put some effort in this.

The new consoles are basically PCs, if it runs at 1080p and 30 steady fps on PS4, it will run like that on PC too.

Vuze

I hope it won't. Max Payne 3 was pretty well optimized, hope enough PC gamers acknowledged that when it was released and R* recognized the positive feedback.
Me too. Between GTA V and Far Cry 4 I'm ridiculously excited and cautiously optimistic at the same time. I think those games will round out my 2014 gaming schedule quite nicely along with Dead Rising 3. My new-gen console purchase can wait for next year now.

+1

Dr Dogg

Wait, Ubisoft didn't make a peep about a current gen Ass Creed right?

No sadly. I think they don't want to be AssCreed Overload in one conference. That and there has real been no PS360 talk at all bar a few indie mentions.

The GiantBomb guys were speculating that just the message "new AC out this holiday" would be enough for people to go out buy either game regards of platform as to what will be on the store shelf. I can't see them dumping the last gen so quickly but I'd like to know if it's day and date on PC as well. Going to keep my eyes peeled but Unity looks ace. Those huge crowds, slick traversal, flashy new moves and co-op!!!

Milamber

No sadly. I think they don't want to be AssCreed Overload in one conference. That and there has real been no PS360 talk at all bar a few indie mentions.

The GiantBomb guys were speculating that just the message "new AC out this holiday" would be enough for people to go out buy either game regards of platform as to what will be on the store shelf. I can't see them dumping the last gen so quickly but I'd like to know if it's day and date on PC as well. Going to keep my eyes peeled but Unity looks ace. Those huge crowds, slick traversal, flashy new moves and co-op!!!

Remember Watch_Dogs!

Anteater

Im still wondering where capcom is. This has been their weakest year in awhile and if they dont show anything by thursday thats horrible.
Since I doubt theyre planning anything huge for TGS if they skip E3.

yeah, if Platinumgames could cook up something so quick for MS (wonderful 101 came out not too long ago), I find it hard to believe Capcom don't already have something in development with at least a 10 seconds teaser.

Faabulous

Not supported?

Never put stock in minimum or recommended specs.

I know. It just makes me paranoid it will run like crap and I'll only be able to upgrade next year (beign optimistic). I'm pretty sure I'll be able to at least run any game for the next year or two, albeit some of them like crap, that's what I'm afraid of.

Jawmuncher

QUOTE=Glass Rebel;115685906]I think that if Capcom didn't show up at either Sony's or MS' conference, they probably won't have anything big to show. But maybe that's just me thinking they Resident Evil has more clout than it does. Pretty disappointed in them if they have nothing new to show.
.[/QUOTE]

Only thing I can think of is a capcom game at Nintendo which will mean crossgen. Not likely but its just weird to not have even 1 game.

Doubling down on mobile development despite sustaining significant losses in that sector. I don't want to say Capcom is in trouble, but they really are.

For whatever reason, most of the Japanese companies are struggling to adapt in a changing market.

e.

The sad thing is, is how much capcom JP ignores their US branch.Capcom US seems to know what we want but JP just wont budge from the mobile lottery which is pathethic.

Dr Dogg

Remember Watch_Dogs!

Which was selling the promise of a new IP we had no prior point of reference for and with still with 2 years of production left to go. Unity is out in 4 months and this is the first we saw. There's been little to no bullshiting with AC gameplay reveals in the past and outside of a few obvious CG sections spliced in the crowds are the only thing that looks more implausible from previous AC games (going to be very CPU dependant and we all know how AnvilNext performs in that regard). I know how to keep my feet on the ground. ;)

Edit: Also I really liked Watch_Dogs. Just wish Ubi would sort out a patch and then I'll go mop up the rest of the collectables and checklists :(

Looks like they fixed the free games not showing up in the beta client problem. I don't have Floating Point in my library though even though I "bought" it.

Jawmuncher

yeah, if Platinumgames could cook up something so quick for MS (wonderful 101 came out not too long ago), I find it hard to believe Capcom don't already have something in development with at least a 10 seconds teaser.

Yeah it makes me wonder how they had nothing ready for either conference.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm down for a new Mario platformer though I'd like it to be like 3D Land or World on the 3DS. I ain't got a Nintendo Wii U atm XP
I'd rather they wait another year or two. I haven't played World (don't own a Wii U), but releasing a new one so soon would be milking the franchise to a new level. I've yet to finish 3D Land!

Also, I hope they don't announce a new Paper Mario. I don't want to have to go out and spend my next paycheck on a Wii U, at least not right now :p

Judging by Max Payne 3, I want to believe that they might have put some effort in this.

The new consoles are basically PCs, if it runs at 1080p and 30 steady fps on PS4, it will run like that on PC too.
MP3 was an incredibly good port, RGSC aside. I had forgotten about it, but now I'm cautiously optimistic.

Tizoc

I'd rather they wait another year or two. I haven't played World (don't own a Wii U), but releasing a new one so soon would be milking the franchise to a new level. I've yet to finish 3D Land!

Also, I hope they don't announce a new Paper Mario. I don't want to have to go out and spend my next paycheck on a Wii U, at least not right now :p

Hey if Ubi can release an AssCreed game each year and get people to buy it, Nintendo can follow suit with the Mario games.

abracadaver

Fuck greenmangaming this shit store. Bought left 4 dead bundle then noticed its the low violence version. I wont activate that. This pisses me off so much right now

Dr Dogg

Meow over Woof.

EDIT: I see what you did there.

EDIT 2: All these E3 nonsense makes me wish I waited on my PS4 purchase and stuck with just my PC/WiiU/3DS and future PSTV.

PSTV sounds painful.

To be fair there will be reaction threads galore (despite being told they will be locked until close) about who 'won' E3. In reality you could say no one as there are a series of tradeoffs and bullshit exclusives but that's part and parcel of the industry these days so you could simply say 'Games won E3". Outside of 1st party titles only a small handful won't be available on PC day and date or the not too distant future.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Fuck greenmangaming this shit store. Bought left 4 dead bundle then noticed its the low violence version. I wont activate that. This pisses me off so much right now

Ask them for a refund. I bought a game from them a few months ago and after realizing that it wasn't a Steam key but it instead used their shitty Capsule client, I asked them for a refund and they responded very fast

Arthea

There is still no No Man's Sky release date? I can't find any info on that too.

I don't think they have anything worth showing besides MGSV. At least nothing that's far enough in development.

figures (._.)

I don't think Konami ever held a conference after that the infamous '10 one. Maybe a couple of pre-recorded ones, but that's it.

well, pre-recoded ones still had some news, I can't see any now, and it was scheduled for today.

neoemonk

No Man's Sky looks to be the most potentially interesting game I saw yesterday, and thankfully that's a PC release.

I also think the new Dragon Age has promise, but I can wait for that to come out and see what other people think. I still haven't played DA2 because I never see it on PC for less than $20.

Dr Dogg

I don't think they have anything worth showing besides MGSV. At least nothing that's far enough in development.

Well after 2010 what do they do? You can't top perfection so may as well go out on a bang (if a somewhat loopy one)

There is still no No Man's Sky release date? I can't find any info on that too.

Purchase Joe Danger Infinity to find out more!
Despite Touch being waaaaay better.

There's a bit of info in the Trailer thread but Hello's blog is usually kept up to date quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom