• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Anteater

Man, the Fox engine is really sexy though other than the dithering, game seems to run and look good on ps4, I'm really impressed by it.

Arthea

Has there ever been, in the history of E3, a PC focused game announcement before?

Civ5? Or was it at gamescom or some other expo, I'm pretty sure it was at E3, but not 100%.

Purchase Joe Danger Infinity to find out more!
Despite Touch being waaaaay better.

There's a bit of info in the Trailer thread but Hello's blog is usually kept up to date quite often.

that immediately reminds me "would you like to know more?"...
ya, Starship Troopers

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Well look at that. Thanks a lot!

Edit: Maybe not. Got a 404 and when I search it doesn't come up. Maybe not available to the US?

Whoops, just searched for it using a US VPN. Yep, it looks like it's not available in US, although I'm pretty sure you can get a European to buy it for you

Nzyme32

It still runs on PC, but getting it to work costs a lot of effort, so i'd very much welcome a PC version of the remaster.
Hype! Best new from E3 so far! :p

This isn't true. The only thing I needed to do with my old copy was install it's most recent patch, set affinity to a single core and that's it (although the menus are corrupted, but the game is fine. A 360 pad also works right off the bat as a game pad. Its a little clunky but isn't too bad

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man, the Fox engine is really sexy though other than the dithering, game seems to run and look good on ps4, I'm really impressed by it.

The lighting seemed quite good in the MGSV trailer but the game definitely needs a decent dose of tessellation to round out the more egregious polygonal edges.

Still one of the best presentations in E3 history.

Agreed. Roll on E3 2016. ;)

Milamber

Well just this year you've got The Sims 4 and in the past a shed load of others.

Edit: Though I get the feeling that's not exactly the answer you're looking for :p

Sims are like a default thing for EA. You noticed that during the Sims 4 announcement last night, they didn't even say PC. Just Sims 4.

Lomax

While I don't mind the design of the new MK characters...MK 10 animations look janky as always >_>;

The dual character with a small one riding the bigger one is neat design. Was it announced yet as same day release for PC or are we still riding on hopes and dreams at this point?

Dr Dogg

Sims are like a default thing for EA. You noticed that during the Sims 4 announcement last night, they didn't even say PC. Just Sims 4.

I noticed that the scope for doing some messed up things has got a whole lot weirder sure. Though it's still one of the highest selling IPs around that doesn't really need introduction. I could chat to a random stranger and they'd probably be able to tell me about the time they built a house without any doors or toilets and watched on as their Sims sobbed in the corner in a pile of their own excrement.

Most PC exclusive titles either have their own thing (Blizzcon, LoLs events and Valve's stuff are a few examples) or not really the type of game marketed at E3. I would have loved to see some more of Beyond Earth but unless it's was going to get the console treatment I doubt it would be shown apart from at something like PAX or Gamescom.

Anteater

The lighting seemed quite good in the MGSV trailer but the game definitely needs a decent dose of tessellation to round out the more egregious polygonal edges.

The pc version will probably have tessellation along with the ability to set the resolution above 1080p!

Stole some gifs from the gta 5 thread, the graphics are really nice

d9VU5OP.gif

SzZu9xG.gif

Arthea

Hahaha which was exactly what I was referencing. Shame the game for it was rubbish.

One million troops!

I think we all are in agreement that PC needs 4 good games:
1. Godzilla with super realistic city devastating, monster hunting and roaring to our hearts contents.
2. Starship Troopers, where we strategically exterminate bugs or failed that mind control them.
3. Matrix, which is actually fun and gorgeous to look at.
4. and most importantly GitS, not watch dogs or remember me, but pure insanity with brain hacking left and right and where we have no idea what's real and what's not ever, even after ending credits roll.

That's not too much to ask for, I think.

edited: and we already almost have No Man's Sky so I won't as for that. I just hope it delivers as much as I imagine. Not that it's possible, but one can hope.

The dual character with a small one riding the bigger one is neat design. Was it announced yet as same day release for PC or are we still riding on hopes and dreams at this point?

Found our July thread title.

The pc version will probably have tessellation along with the ability to set the resolution above 1080p!

Stole some gifs from the gta 5 thread, the graphics are really nice

damn that looks nice. Might have to double dip
and get a new card

Sendou

Now I'm just hoping that GTA V will be a competent port. So if we consider Rockstar's last-gen ports they had one good one (Max Payne 3) and two not-so-good ports (GTA IV+ports and LA Noire), right?

Was funny seeing Devolver at Sony conference but no Hatoful Boyfriend announcement, heh.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Now I'm just hoping that GTA V will be a competent port. So if we consider Rockstar's last-gen ports they had one good one (Max Payne 3) and two not-so-good ports (GTA IV+ports and LA Noire), right?

Was funny seeing Devolver at Sony conference but no Hatoful Boyfriend announcement, heh.

Eh, other than the 30 fps weirdness (don't listen to Salsa, the 60 fps fix was glitchy and fucked with the driving physics) LA Noire was a fine port.

Knurek

That's pretty much expected and not what you should be afraid of!

I'll restate, I'd much rather have 40 GB of HDD space taken, than have the data take half as much, but cause noticeable stutter each time the engine has to extract stuff from datafiles (I'm looking at you, UE3).

Milamber

1. Godzilla with super realistic city devastating, monster hunting and roaring to our hearts contents.
2. Starship Troopers, where we strategically exterminate bugs or failed that mind control them.
4. and most importantly GitS, not watch dogs or remember me, but pure insanity with brain hacking left and right and where we have no idea what's real and what's not ever, even after ending credits roll.

edited: and we already almost have No Man's Sky so I won't as for that. I just hope it delivers as much as I imagine. Not that it's possible, but one can hope.

I just want a Just Cause 3.

Dr Dogg

Or how about A Fifth of Saints Row (you can have that title for free Volition) where you do all of those things but cranked up to 11...

With excessive neon lighting everywhere!!!

I'm more excited for Dead Rising 3 than GTAV. I want to see what that game looks like maxed out @ 60 fps. GTAV looks great for a previous gen game but it isn't going to push my system hard enough for me to get hyped for it
unless it's another terrible PC port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom