• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo Collection and MGSV on PC need to happen. Forza Horizon, too.

It's just annoying that if anything happens, it happens 2015, which seems to be the theme among most video games this year.

Dr Dogg

Looks like the Top Sellers chart broke. It's like a trip back to 2010.

I'm sure there are a few people dropping £79.99 on the Valve Complete Collection despite it always going on sale in just over a months time. There has to be some people out there that don't own them right?

Grief.exe

The Phantom Pain doesn't come with Ground Zeroes.

It hasn't been confirmed yet as Konami doesn't want to canabalize Ground Zeroes sales, but there is a good chance it will happen.

Companies generally want to appeal to 100% of consumers, rather than a smaller portion that played through the opening chapter.

Just good business.

kurahador

I still need a good MMO to play. Still playing talonRO for now.

Dang...ppl still play RO? There are plenty of good ones, just depends on what kind of gameplay you prefer more---pvp? free? story? etc...

That said, Tree Of Savior is the mmo that looks alot like original RO.

_hekk05

Banned
Dang...ppl still play RO? There are plenty of good ones, just depends on what kind of gameplay you prefer more---pvp? free? story? etc...

That said, Tree Of Savior is the mmo that looks alot like original RO.

Yeah, but that's like at least 2 years away.

I like to play f2p stuff and try my hardest to git gud without spending real money.

Anyone wanna play L4D for the playfire rewards? Would be a lot more fun with someone instead of with AI. I'm free in about 14 hours

Need to: set 101 undead on fire
survive a campaign without being incapacitated
survive a campaign with all 4 survivors

_hekk05

Banned

Grief.exe

Calling it - next year RDR remastered, year after that is a sequel

Take-Two described RDR as a key pillar of their business during thier latest conference call. Would be very surprising if they don't release RDR HD on PC/XBO/PS4 then follow that up with a sequel.

Do people really think MGSV PC is happening? Why do you do it to yourselves?

Going by Konami's strategy over the past year, it's not a matter of if, but when.

I would theorize that Konami's policy change came too late in Ground Zereos' development cycle.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift? Yes please. I will hold off on playing the game until then. Hopefully that encourages the Amnesia devs/Outlast devs to embrace the future with their games.

Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift?

Well, I have recently been thinking about trying out Depends. You know, just to see what size works. I'm getting up there in years and all...

Isolation in Oculus Rift will give me a good test bed for seeing what happens when I crap my pants. Thumbs up, day 1.

Tizoc

I'm at work with no video access to Nintendo's E3 Stream, I'm hungry and I hate waiting for Steam to update in 2ish hours.
I'm craving Pizza....

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Take-Two described RDR as a key pillar of their business during thier latest conference call. Would be very surprising if they don't release RDR HD on PC/XBO/PS4 then follow that up with a sequel.

Going by Konami's strategy over the past year, it's not a matter of if, but when.

I would theorize that Konami's policy change came too late in Ground Zereos' development cycle.

I admire your unwavering optimism but I have no idea why you're so certain about it. People also thought Destiny was a lock.

The_Monk

Really enjoying E3 on the console side so far and to me, PC Summer would be more than perfect with just Wasteland 2 and Dead Rising 3 (if I could run it at at least 30 steady FPS).

Either way Wasteland 2 is my most wanted title so far.

I played both AssRev and Ass3 with about a month or so inbetween and it was fine. Those games are so different in regards to pacing, atmosphere, and in almost everything outside of the general gameplay that i didn't really feel it.

However, people talking about AC4 being 40 hours long and filled with tailing missions has made me really hesitant to start it up.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I played both AssRev and Ass3 with about a month or so inbetween and it was fine. Those games are so different in regards to pacing, atmosphere, and in almost everything outside of the general gameplay that i didn't really feel it.

However, people talking about AC4 being 40 hours long and filled with tailing missions has made me really hesitant to start it up.

AC4 is bad with the tailing missions, but it's not 40 hours long unless you pile on the side content/collectables.

derExperte

Finally on Steam and it now has a date, June 16th.

A massive flop on PS3 and then probably PC until now that deserves some attention for the papercraft-artstyle. Gameplay isn't the most engaging, you swim around and collect things, still.... check it out.

donny2112

AC: Unity (depending on reviews, avoided ACIII that way)
AC: Comet (assuming there's a PC version and depending on the reviews)
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Looking forward to getting those on sale for Steam in the coming years. :p

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I explained it on the previous page.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't know how you could say "it's not a matter of if but when". I would love for it to happen because that would mean I don't need a PS4 anymore, but there hasn't been a word said about it in months. I guess the fact that they haven't outright said it's not happening like Bungie did with Destiny is mildly encouraging, but Ground Zeroes already came and went without a PC release.

AC4 is bad with the tailing missions, but it's not 40 hours long unless you pile on the side content/collectables.

I looked it up on HLTB and it's clocking in at about 20 hours or so. That's not so bad so long as it's not grindy but it sucks that it's rotten with tailing missions. Oh well, gonna probably play it during the summer drought just so I'm caught up with the series.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't know how you could say "it's not a matter of if but when". I would love for it to happen because that would mean I don't need a PS4 anymore, but there hasn't been a word said about it in months. I guess the fact that they haven't outright said it's not happening like Bungie did with Destiny is mildly encouraging, but Ground Zeroes already came and went without a PC release.

Ground Zeroes is little more than a glorified demo. I wouldn't read too much into its absence.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I looked it up on HLTB and it's clocking in at about 20 hours or so. That's not so bad so long as it's not grindy but it sucks that it's rotten with tailing missions. Oh well, gonna probably play it during the summer drought just so I'm caught up with the series.

The ship stuff makes up for it IMO. Some of the tailing stuff is in the side missions too so if you skip those, you are lowering the total amount of tailing.

The tailing sucks because the stealth reads really poorly and feels inconsistent.

Knurek

A massive flop on PS3 and then probably PC until now.

Ohh, do tell, please.

Guys, GTA V Preorder page up later today, right? Anyone wants to start a betting pool for how long it will stay at #1 spot?

Incidentally, since Modbot is still down, third person who quotes this sentence only will get a free Fly'N key.

The ship combat is fun enough that you'll get all of the "grinding" knocked out up front and wont need to do it once you start in on the campaign since you already have good gear

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Ohh, do tell, please.

Guys, GTA V Preorder page up later today, right? Anyone wants to start a betting pool for how long it will stay at #1 spot?

Incidentally, since Modbot is still down, third person who quotes this sentence only will get a free Fly'N key.

Hopefully it will go up with the daily/midweek deals. I'll say it's gonna be no.1 for 5 days

Tizoc

Serve me some crow gaf, Nintendo just fucking rocked
mmejiq.gif

rtcn63

People are losing it over Zelda, even though they didn't actually show anything but possible art style and there being an open-world. My biggest issues with the zelda's was how archaic and unfriendly (and repetitive) the combat/navigation was. I still haven't finished Skyward Sword, and I like the art style.

Tizoc

People are losing it over Zelda, even though they didn't actually show anything but possible art style and there being an open-world. My biggest issues with the zelda's was how archaic and unfriendly (and repetitive) the combat/navigation was. I still haven't finished Skyward Sword, and I like the art style.

Don't forget the forced tutorials.

...I think they're showing Bayo 1 now? Oh yeah they are.

rtcn63

I wouldn't mind if they followed a slightly top down style a la A Link Between Worlds/Minish Cap. I preferred those over any of the 3D Zeldas' of the past two generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom