• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Rainbow Curse = Yes. Original was legit on DS.
Xenoblade Chronicles = Played most of Xenoblade. Better than FFXII, but nothing worth magicarping about.

Anteater

wow that zelda footage was really cool, reminds me of that chase sequence in princess mononoke at the beginning.

RIP bayonetta PC

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That dude's thread got locked, but he was right: Wii U and PC is the combo to go for this generation.

Ohh, do tell, please.

Guys, GTA V Preorder page up later today, right? Anyone wants to start a betting pool for how long it will stay at #1 spot?

Incidentally, since Modbot is still down, third person who quotes this sentence only will get a free Fly'N key.

Well, I would like to give this a try.

rtcn63

Eh, I'd still rather a PC and PS4. Bayonetta 2 is the only genuine must-play for me, even if I like Kirby and Mario. I'll get all of them eventually, when the consoles and games are super cheap.

Finished Stick It To The Man

cover_large.jpg

Aaannnd it was great. It was very short (5 hours), had excellent voice acting, OST and graphics, simple gameplay that just worked well enough and excellent story. So SITTM is a part very simple platformer, part point and click game, part interactive story. And the story was hilarious which made it something extra great (with added value from the VO that was just perfect). I had zero idea what the game was about or like when I bought it from a Humble Sale, and I think it's a swedish game too? Pretty cool.

The few minuses go parts where some lines repeat (I was almost sure that all characters would have individual lines at one point) and there are few bugs that don't bother much. I could also say that the "combat" puzzles were way too simple, but at least they were short, and the regular puzzles won't cause much problems to any adventure game experts.

There's also some replay value due to multiple minds you can left unread so there's that too. Like I said, it's very short and I guess I can get the rest of the cheevos in around a hour max, but it's very well worth it (on sale at least) if you are fan of something like Monkey Island and Thomas Was Alone meets ummm Gorillaz videos.

Turfster

Yesterday's Daily NBA2K14 75% off
Daily Knights of Pen 1 Paper 66% off
Midweek
  • GTA 4 & Liberty City 80% off
  • Resident Evil Revelations 50% off
  • Rogue Legacy 66% off
  • Civilization Franchise up to 75% off

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
price mistake on RE Revelations, banner says 50% discount is 75%

Wok

I like to think how Nintendo might have chosen Splatoon because Splatters was already chosen by an indie game on Steam.

Bayo 1 and 2.

I'm slightly surprised that 1 is going to be available on the Wii U but not on PC.

Give it time.

It's funny, I don't think the core demographic of the Wii U is really going to convert to massive sales for Nintendo/PG/SEGA on this venture. In fact, it's why I hold on to hope that Bayonetta 2 will somehow find it's way off of Wii U and onto another platform.

Finished Stick It To The Man

cover_large.jpg

Aaannnd it was great. It was very short (5 hours), had excellent voice acting, OST and graphics, simple gameplay that just worked well enough and excellent story. So SITTM is a part very simple platformer, part point and click game, part interactive story. And the story was hilarious which made it something extra great (with added value from the VO that was just perfect). I had zero idea what the game was about or like when I bought it from a Humble Sale, and I think it's a swedish game too? Pretty cool.

The few minuses go parts where some lines repeat (I was almost sure that all characters would have individual lines at one point) and there are few bugs that don't bother much. I could also say that the "combat" puzzles were way too simple, but at least they were short, and the regular puzzles won't cause much problems to any adventure game experts.

There's also some replay value due to multiple minds you can left unread so there's that too. Like I said, it's very short and I guess I can get the rest of the cheevos in around a hour max, but it's very well worth it (on sale at least) if you are fan of something like Monkey Island and Thomas Was Alone meets ummm Gorillaz videos.

I started playing on Vita, I got to about chapter 3 or 4, but I'm trying to get the achievements/trophies as I go (without a guide if possible -- only checking to make sure I don't miss chapter specific ones, though I think you can just replay specific chapters if you want). I picked it up on PC while it was under $5 at some point just to support the devs.

Eh, I'd still rather a PC and PS4. Bayonetta 2 is the only genuine must-play for me, even if I like Kirby and Mario. I'll get all of them eventually, when the consoles and games are super cheap.

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried Monster hunter? I played MH3 on Wii and I can tell you that it's really addictive, provided you have some time to sink in it since it takes some dedication to get into it.
Besides, I gather Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 are also quite good, and well, now I'm looking forward to the new Zelda game on Wii U.

HoosTrax

Gah. I just realized that they updated the community market listings to update like a stock ticker, with trend arrows. Kind of hypnotic.

r3n4ud

Strange that Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack is still regular price. The rest is 75% off, why not that dlc?

HoosTrax

Time to start collecting cards again.
I got the stupid idea to invest in a couple dozen cards last year, with the idea that they'd be worth a fortune by the time next summer sale rolled around. Never again.

Should have paid more attention during economics in college.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Give it time.

It's funny, I don't think the core demographic of the Wii U is really going to convert to massive sales for Nintendo/PG/SEGA on this venture. In fact, it's why I hold on to hope that Bayonetta 2 will somehow find it's way off of Wii U and onto another platform.

I think that the dream for Bayo 1 on PC is still alive, but Bayo 2 on PC is a dream that died a long time ago. Well, unless Nintendo goes third party at some point in the future and goes the Sega route by releasing its old games on other systems/platforms.

derExperte

I got the stupid idea to invest in a couple dozen cards last year, with the idea that they'd be worth a fortune by the time next summer sale rolled around. Never again.

Should have paid more attention during economics in college.

Would be an even worse idea now as the winter cards disappeared at the end of that sale.

And yes, they drop.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Strange that Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack is still regular price. The rest is 75% off, why not that dlc?

It was the final DLC released for the game iirc, still it doesn't make any sense

Also for some reason Steam doesn't let me purchase the Wonders of The Ancient World DLC even though I don't own it, says
Your purchase could not be completed because it looks like you already own one of the games you are trying to buy. Please check your account and your cart to verify you are buying an item you do not already own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom