• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

How do I get that 25% voucher from GMG if I already have an account on Playfire?

Just fill all the fields and submit it. I just did that and should be getting my voucher code. I haven't received it yet

LEGO® The Hobbit™
The LEGO Movie Videogame
Batman Arkham Origins: Season Pass
All for £15.22. 25% less when I have the voucher

Ruruja

MacToot blows on his bagpipes.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Volt -- MB-3CFADD0723D89690 - Taken by SalsaShark

Salsa

fuckin hell I was about to pull the trigger and now I probably wont get the support ticket in time

edit: thanks Ruruja

Pachimari

Just fill all the fields and submit it. I just did that and should be getting my voucher code. I haven't received it yet

LEGO® The Hobbit™
The LEGO Movie Videogame
Batman Arkham Origins: Season Pass
All for £15.22. 25% less when I have the voucher

They say there's a problem with either my email, username or password.
They also say, that I can't use an existing account.

=/

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Soo... which Lego Batman is better? And how do they compare to the Harry Potter games?

Generally speaking, the Lego games get better as they go on. I can't speak for Lego : The Movie though. I'd say that Batman 2 is definitely better than the first as you get a much wider range of characters, the first game is pretty much only Batman and Robin in different suits. You get a bit more of the DC universe coming in in the sequel.

The Harry Potter games are fine, I think if you're a fan of the source material you'll enjoy them more.

i got physical copies of civilization beyond earth, AC Unity and Far Cry 4 for $140 so i'm pretty set for the fall for pc until the winter sale i think.

Salsa

It haven't happened to me, but sometimes it happens that some games are exempt from certain vouchers, not that rare occurrence. But it's probably not your case.

nah. the code worked a minute ago with the same games

I basically got to the step where I had to checkout with paypal and canceled the order. now the voucher doesnt work

Sorry, not had that happen to me before. I take it you've tried logging out/in again etc?

yeah nothing. deleting cookies and that sort also dont work

Pachimari

I get this message when I try to use my account to get the 25% voucher from GMG:

co1fppU.png

regarding retail releases though. if i entered the cd key in steam for civilization then it will register and download right?

and the same goes for the uplay games?

Salsa

I just sent a support ticket and im gonna hit the bed

im not hopeful on getting a response tomorrow and this is annoying as shit when you're like a minute away from buying a game

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
regarding retail releases though. if i entered the cd key in steam for civilization then it will register and download right?

Civ 3 and 4 recently had GameSpy replaced with Steamworks, so I would presume that retail keys were retroactively made Steam-friendly.

Edit: Nope, 2K wants people to jump through hoops:
CIVILIZATION IV: The patch that replaces GameSpy with Steamworks for multiplayer functionality is now available via Steam. The game functions identically to the previous GameSpy version with the exception that the “Direct IP” option has been removed as it is no longer supported. Save game data should not be negatively affected. If you own a physical disc version of Civilization IV and are interested in receiving this multiplayer update, please submit a support request.

Judging from this post you need to supply photographic evidence of ownership. As per the page I linked to above, Civ 3's patch is still en route.

and the same goes for the uplay games?

Amazon and Mac Game Store are the only two DD retailers that sell Steam-friendly keys for Uplay games and even then the selection is minimal (Far Cry 3/AssCreed 3/AssCreed 4 and Might & Magic X respectively).

Arthea

I work in a call center, I dont want to go home and work in a call center :(

Where is that gif with truck driver playing ETS2, when I need it? (><)

I'm pretty sure it's not real simulation of your work, unless you have live chickens in your office and administrators doing cheering dances on regular basis.

Three words, man.

Procedurally generated collectibles.

Just imagine.

That's some nice manipulating motivating, I approve. ;)

Pachimari

Okay, I'm making a decision today.

I will start collecting games. Even games for platforms I don't currently have. So all multiplatform titles will be bought on PC, while I only get the exclusives I am interested in for consoles. Are anyone else doing it this way?

Guys I can't find the modbot thread. I want to giveaway some games but I don't know how

Here.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Smooth Operators also has Playfire rewards:
  • Crimsonland - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Echo of the Wilds - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Infinite Game Works Episode 0 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • March of War - play for the first time - £0.10
  • March of War - unlock Fought the Dragon - £0.10
  • March of War - unlock Blitzkrieg Ace - £0.25
  • March of War - unlock Battle Master - £0.50
  • Pulstar - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Reversion - The Escape -play for the first time - £0.10
  • Smooth Operators - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Smooth Operators - unlock Im going home! - £0.10
  • Smooth Operators - unlock Hotshot employer #3 - £0.25
  • Smooth Operators - unlock Rich rich rich #2 - £0.50
  • The Entente Gold - play for the first time - £0.10
March of War is free to play.
Guys I can't find the modbot thread. I want to giveaway some games but I don't know how

Check the first page, there are instructions

Arthea

I will start collecting games. Even games for platforms I don't currently have. So all multiplatform titles will be bought on PC, while I only get the exclusives I am interested in for consoles. Are anyone else doing it this way?

Here.

I don't consider myself a collector, as I mostly buy only games I plan to play (how realistic are those plans is another matter entirely (><), but that's exactly how I buy games, everything what's on PC on PC, and exclusives I want to play on consoles.

Aerocrane

I buy games for PS3 not thinking of them as collecting, but I usually end up just playing other games on my PC instead of playing stuff on the PS3 which has lead to a small collection of console games that I really haven't played.

kudoboi

This looks like it can be fun. Anybody tried already?
cheap too

dat base price manipulation.
I hate it too

played it via Desura awhile back. It is fun but tbh gets repetitive after awhile. Not sure if they changed anything for the Steam release though

JaseC

It was pointed out a day or two ago that a few games on GOG require CD keys, which, strictly speaking, means they're not DRM-free. I can see CDPR eventually allowing publishers to supply optional Steam keys, but even assuming this comes to fruition I wouldn't expect CDPR itself to partake.

Arthea

It was pointed out a day or two ago that a few games on GOG require CD keys, which, strictly speaking, means they're not DRM-free. I can see CDPR eventually allowing publishers to supply optional Steam keys.

I'm not so sure about it... I mean, I know that full HoMM V, for example, requires several CD keys, be it physical copy or digital, and I don't think that gog can influence it in any way whatsoever. Actually if you buy it not on gog, all sites insisted it's DRM free, when it was 4 or 5 cd keys, for main game and expansions. I know it's sorta hypocritical, but many DRM free games require CD keys. I'm not sure how new DRM free games are in this regard, as I mostly now buy games on steam, but many require CD keys on steam too, so I would assume that DRM free (including physical) require them too.

yeah taint that no-drm pureness

On more serious note, if gog would give steam keys and drm free games, they probably would be much more popular than now, but not as drm free utopia but as a store. OTOH, it is a slippery path and Humble already does that for the most part.

JaseC

I'm not so sure about it... I mean, I know that full HoMM V, for example, requires several CD keys, be it physical copy or digital, and I don't think that gog can influence it in any way whatsoever. Actually if you buy it not on gog, all sites insisted it's DRM free, when it was 4 or 5 cd keys, for main game and expansions. I know it's sorta hypocritical, but many DRM free games require CD keys. I'm not sure how new DRM free games are in this regard, as I mostly now buy games on steam, but many require CD keys on steam too, so I would assume that DRM free (including physical) require them too.

I think it's probably just a case of the CD keys being required for technical reasons (e.g. perhaps HoMMV uses them to generate player ids for the network MP component), but even so I wouldn't classify these games as DRM-free just because they don't contain any further usability restrictions. Seems disingenuous to me.

Knurek

CD Key is a form of DRM.
Not as intrusive as Tages/Securom, sure, nevertheless, it is a copy protection.

Tizoc

Do I really want to get the LEGO Video Game...
I feel as I had my fill with LEGO Marvel months ago and that game bored me a lot.

xninjav

Neo Member

Here.

Smooth Operators also has Playfire rewards:
  • Crimsonland - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Echo of the Wilds - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Infinite Game Works Episode 0 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • March of War - play for the first time - £0.10
  • March of War - unlock Fought the Dragon - £0.10
  • March of War - unlock Blitzkrieg Ace - £0.25
  • March of War - unlock Battle Master - £0.50
  • Pulstar - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Reversion - The Escape -play for the first time - £0.10
  • Smooth Operators - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Smooth Operators - unlock Im going home! - £0.10
  • Smooth Operators - unlock Hotshot employer #3 - £0.25
  • Smooth Operators - unlock Rich rich rich #2 - £0.50
  • The Entente Gold - play for the first time - £0.10
March of War is free to play.

Check the first page, there are instructions

Ok thanks guy

Tenrius

Generally speaking, the Lego games get better as they go on. I can't speak for Lego : The Movie though. I'd say that Batman 2 is definitely better than the first as you get a much wider range of characters, the first game is pretty much only Batman and Robin in different suits. You get a bit more of the DC universe coming in in the sequel.

The Harry Potter games are fine, I think if you're a fan of the source material you'll enjoy them more.

All right, Harry Potter it is then. Thanks. The LEGO games are pretty cheap, so I'll pick them up eventually during sales, but this one I'm getting for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom