• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaper

Some of the DLC you're saying is just nickle and diming tends to offer as much content as a single player campaign in your average triple A game. Most of the DLC for Civ V is worth owning.

The map packs are most definitely a cash grab, and I'm not interested in the scenario included with each civ dl because I've got enough content with just the base game to last me forever. If I could pay $5-8 dollars for the two expacs (67%-50% off the $15 bundle price) I'd do it in an instant. Instead, I'd have to pay $15, which essentially corners me into the complete edition.

If one is new to Civ V, however, the complete edition is most definitely worth the price.

Salsa

I've noticed that exactly zero times.

it's really nothing bothersome on normal usage, but say I grab this:

http://i.imgur.com/S61OzfR.png

and blow it up to fill the entire screen, then get close to the monitor, and I definetly see some sort of "movement"

Only on my old really crappy HP monitors at work. My lovely screen at home and my laptop have none of this.

it's a new samsung and I caught glimpses of it with a different one too before

it doesnt look like a card issue so i'll just remain puzzled I guess. Just wanted to check with other people who might get it too

Copons

gonna post this here as well, just curious:

Once I noticed that the connection speed vertical bars in Steam client downloads page extended for the entire width of my screen even tho the client window was half of it. The additional bars were barely noticeable, like a #FFFFFE color on a #FFFFFF background.
Also, apparently I couldn't get it on a screenshot...
Don't know if this is similar to what you mean, but still was pretty annoying for the "once seen cannot be unseen" syndrome.

Dr Dogg

gonna post this here as well, just curious:

My old Dell used to buzz like crazy when displaying a lot of text. So having a Excel spreadsheet open or looking at Wikipedia would sound like a swarm of bees were approaching. It was to do with the scaler in the monitor itself and took 2 RMAs to get one that didn't drive me nuts.

Anyway I'm guessing you don't have a decent colourmeter to calibrate your monitor properly so here's a suggestion. First try a different Cable and/or reseat the adapter. If the doesn't do anything go reset your ICC profile, reset any calibration changes in Nvidia control panel, update your monitor driver (if there's one available for your monitor) and use http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ to calibrate your screen through the hardware (as in the OSD control on the monitor). If it still looks like shit then send it back.

Salsa

I had something like that on my previous monitor. Grey dominance would look grainy.

yeah pretty much.

it's weird tho, i've noticed with pretty much all the monitors I've had. doesnt seem to happen with my tv weirdly enough but yeah

it's just a bit easier to notice at night like now

I guess it's kinda common?

Arthea

No Man's Sky is conceptually awesome but I've never been big on such grand-scale games.

Well... I can't really believe I'll get what I want from this game (I mean wandering Universe, exploring it and being surprised time and again), but I want to believe!

Pachimari

About to buy:

- Batman: Arkham Origins
- Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass
- Cold Cold Heart DLC
- Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate Deluxe Edition

Welp.

What if a Arkham Origins Game of the Year edition comes out? Will I get that for free? Will it replace my ordinary copy?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I think I know what the Playfire rewards are.

• Batman™: Arkham Origins - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock One down, several to go - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock The Innocent and the Predatory - £0.25
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Know Thy Enemy - £0.50
  • Expeditions: Conquistador - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Expeditions: Conquistador - unlock Ambassador - £0.10
  • Expeditions: Conquistador - unlock Champion - £0.25
  • Expeditions: Conquistador - unlock Cortés - £0.50
  • Hard Reset - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Hard Reset - unlock Retirement (Tier: Normal) - £0.10
  • Hard Reset - unlock Searcher - £0.25
  • Hard Reset - unlock Exile: Wanderer - £0.50
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Almost There - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Overachiever - £0.25
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Tourist - £0.50
  • Kairo - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Kairo - unlock Flowing Elements - £0.10
  • Kairo - unlock Tower Climber - £0.25
  • Kairo - unlock A Different Purpose - £0.50
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - play for the first time - £0.10
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - unlock The long way around. - £0.10
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - unlock One does not simply... - £0.25
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - unlock ... And away he goes, Precious! - £0.50
  • Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - unlock There Will Be Blood! - £0.10
  • Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - unlock Humiliation - £0.25
  • Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - unlock You've Got Style! - £0.50
  • Project Root - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Project Root - unlock TRAVELLER - £0.10
  • Project Root - unlock SURVIVOR - £0.25
  • Project Root - unlock CONTACT - £0.50
  • Secrets of Raetikon - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Secrets of Raetikon - unlock Danger From Above - £0.10
  • Secrets of Raetikon - unlock Lynx Teaser - £0.25
  • Secrets of Raetikon - unlock Cryptographer - £0.50
  • Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion - unlock Mutual Trader - £0.10
  • Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion - unlock Star Explorer - £0.25
  • Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion - unlock Space Ponies! - £0.50
  • The LEGO® Movie - Videogame - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The LEGO® Movie - Videogame - unlock Always Read The Instructions! - £0.10
  • The LEGO® Movie - Videogame - unlock END OF THE LINE! - £0.25
  • The LEGO® Movie - Videogame - unlock No Way, This Is My Jam. - £0.50
Not as many Lego games as I'd thought. Not sure whether that's good or bad as I'd end up buying them. Lego Marvel still has a bunch of rewards active though.

duppolo

why i cant create new thread? i want to ask what are gaffers dirtiest/impossible secrets: mine is a remote play from steam to ps consoles

jediyoshi

About to buy:

- Cold Cold Heart DLC

Welp.

What if a Arkham Origins Game of the Year edition comes out? Will I get that for free? Will it replace my ordinary copy?

The season pass contains Cold Cold Heart. There's likely no DLC coming outside of what's in the season pass.

Deques

About to buy:

- Cold Cold Heart DLC

Welp.

Cold Cold Heart is not included in SP?

why i cant create new thread? i want to ask what are gaffers dirtiest/impossible secrets: mine is a remote play from steam to ps consoles

You are a junior

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The GOTY Edition will just be a Steam bundle containing the game and DLC, like Skyrim's Legendary Edition. Previous Batman games each had a separate app for their respective GOTY Eds. because the GFWL overlay doesn't support adding additional content via keys.

Pachimari

Yeah, found out Cold Cold Heart is in the SP. I think I'm gonna cancel my order, and just wait for the GOTY Edition.

I haven't completed Asylum or City anyway.

Deques

The GOTY Edition will just be a Steam bundle containing the game and DLC, like Skyrim's Legendary Edition. Previous Batman games each had a separate app for their respective GOTY Eds. because the GFWL overlay doesn't support adding additional content via keys.

Will they ever release Deathstroke challenge pack?

jediyoshi

Yeah, found out Cold Cold Heart is in the SP. I think I'm gonna cancel my order, and just wait for the GOTY Edition.

I haven't completed Asylum or City anyway.

Again, it's unlikely they're releasing anything outside of what's in the SP. If they do a GOTY, there's no way it launches anywhere near the $10 you can pick up everything altogether for on GMG already.

Though if you already have Asylum and City, you're probably just set until Knight comes out.

Pachimari

I'm currently thinking about getting FEAR 3, Injustice and The Lego Movie Game but is that a great Lego game compared to the others?

JaseC

Will they ever release Deathstroke challenge pack?

Although it was advertised as a pre-order bonus, isn't it included with all new copies on Steam? There's no Deathstroke DLC app and there's no difference in depots between the pre-order and post-release subs.

Deques

Although it was advertised as a pre-order bonus, isn't it included with all new copies on Steam? There's no Deathstroke DLC app and there's no difference in depots between the pre-order and post-release subs.

So it's included in? Can someone confirm it? If it were a pre-order bonus then I find it strange to include it after release.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So it's included in? Can someone confirm it? If it were a pre-order bonus then I find it strange to include it after release.

Yeah, I have the base game without any extra DLC and can play as Deathstroke in challenge maps. I didn't pre-order it.

Apparently I've reached 800 games.
2014-06-11_12-26-06_zps85ca005b.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

• Not as many Lego games as I'd thought. Not sure whether that's good or bad as I'd end up buying them. Lego Marvel still has a bunch of rewards active though.

• Are these todays rewards? For some reason Playfire hasn't updated for me

edit: nevermind, they just showed up

JaseC

Larian did much the same thing with Dragon Commander: the beta was advertised as a pre-order incentive but no post-release subs were made, so buying the game today still gets you a +2.

Deques

Larian did much the same thing with Dragon Commander: the beta was advertised as a pre-order incentive but no post-release subs were made, so buying the game today still gets you a +2.

Some great way to rip of early buyers... Well, early buyers get ripped off no matter what...

Salsa

wow..

I added the voucher, went to the payment method window then backed out to add another game and try the voucher... "unable to add voucher"

apparently it's now "used" even tho I never paid?

wtf? that's some bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom